Jump to content
SC_RNDude SC_RNDude, BSN, MSN (New Member) New Member

Winning...the economy under Trump

Politics   (24,536 Views 1,047 Comments)
17,870 Visitors; 2,184 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.
advertisement

You are reading page 67 of Winning...the economy under Trump. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

I too live in a booming area.  Unemployment is 3.1%, infrastructure looks good with several projects underway, and schools are healthy with teachers getting a raise.  Tax collections are rising because of the good economy in the country and world allows this area to be a tourist hot spot.

We have no state income tax and I don't think raising taxes is necessary.  As I'm sure one can guess from previous posts, I'm not a fan of tax cuts either.  During these booming times, we still have some problems, like dumping of sewage into Tampa Bay, toxic algae from pollution, 17% poverty rate that are hard to address because of state tax cuts.

There should be a balance and good economic times shouldn't be the time to cut taxes but pay off debt and fix problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice analysis piece on CNN.

Warning: It points out and corrects lies Trump has told on Fox News.

A Report Card For Trump's Economy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

Nice analysis piece on CNN.

Warning: It points out and corrects lies Trump has told on Fox News.

A Report Card For Trump's Economy

I agree it's a good article, which I'll post below.  Trump is very loath to admit that the boom has been for ten years which includes Obama's times, so he comes up with   "When I took over this economy, this economy was ready to crash" and other things he wants to make up.

I'll forgive him for not reaching his economic goals that he promised in the campaign.  I'm pretty immune to campaign promises.  But I did find it interesting that the trade deficit has grown the last couple of years, something he really hates.   I think it's part of an overall better economy that consumers are buying more, and subsequently buying more foreign goods.

 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/politics/trump-economic-boom-obama-compare/index.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tweety said:

I agree it's a good article, which I'll post below.  Trump is very loath to admit that the boom has been for ten years which includes Obama's times, so he comes up with   "When I took over this economy, this economy was ready to crash" and other things he wants to make up.

I'll forgive him for not reaching his economic goals that he promised in the campaign.  I'm pretty immune to campaign promises.  But I did find it interesting that the trade deficit has grown the last couple of years, something he really hates.   I think it's part of an overall better economy that consumers are buying more, and subsequently buying more foreign goods.

 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/politics/trump-economic-boom-obama-compare/index.html

 

 

Thanks for posting, Tweety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Dictionary.com: 

Fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement
13 hours ago, Tweety said:

I've said it before, as long as the economy keeps going as it's it Trump will reap the benefits.  

He can look all heroic and demand GM keep plants open (those people have jobs elsewhere in GM and it is a free market capitalist economy isn't it?), and and toot his own horn.  

Rightly so I suppose.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/cnn-poll-trump-economy-tech/index.html

No, not all of the GM folks have jobs at other GM facilities.

A good number of them went from $22 an hour jobs, to $12 an hour jobs, to no job at all.

The GM plant closed two to three weeks ago. He was silent at the time.

How does he look like a hero, ranting in the wind?

No, he looks like an uninformed buffoon.

But that is what he is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nursej22 said:

From Dictionary.com: 

Fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Looks like the antifa movement was right.

It is what many of thought and said at the beginning of this charade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tweety said:

You have to look at it from Trump supporter's view and how and where they get their news.  

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6015541493001/#sp=show-clips

I understand Trumpsters views, and where they get their information.

But it isn't the truth.

I already know how willing they are to believe lies that fit their narrative and world view.

They also believe Trump isn't racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nursej22 said:

From Dictionary.com: 

Fascism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Have you encountered many modern conservatives who have been convinced by their media bubble that facism is a form of liberal extremism? I have. I spent more than an hour with a fellow here in Alaska and finally cracked his indoctrination by using sources like Encyclopedia Britannica. The first few minutes were slow going as we exhausted the right wing rhetoric and slander that he was most familiar with. After that he began to process the obvious contradictions in definitions and misrepresentation of fact and history. We parted cordially. He remains staunchly Republican but deleted the incorrect meme about facism on his FB page. 

Similar to a comment on AN a couple of days ago he also called informed progressives propagandists while simultaneously believing and sharing propaganda. I wondered if he was confused about that words meaning as well. 

 

Edited by toomuchbaloney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×