luv2 luv2 (Member)

Where is the "Progressive Legislation" (The fab 5 delegation)?

Politics   (177 Views 11 Comments)
9,804 Visitors; 836 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

We, the people, vote to elect our representatives.  They are to be our voice in D.C. These "progressive" and Trump Republicans have done nothing. They are showing up to work, getting paid, and doing absolutely nothing but creating a " brand for themselves." Are the progressive really progressing the country? What legislation have they passed? They were elected in hopes of leading America. However, they are no better than the (Trump) Republicans. It has been almost one year, and they have not passed one meaningful legislation. The fab 5's delegation is nothing but noise creators and great speakers that have not delivered on any campaign promises.  Unfortunately, the constituents in their district have elected "Political Influencers" that attend the Met Gala's and care more concern about interviews than passing legislation to help the people. Progressive lack the understanding of any meaningful legislation that could help America. It is a shame the progressives are no better than Trump Republicans. 

Take, for example, how AOC  she let N.Y. lose the Amazon deal and did not even understand NY NEVER was subsidizing any jobs ...Please listen to the video if you do not believe what I am typing.

 

This is a clear example of why we must stop supporting  Progressive Democrats and Trump Republicans, and they refuse to work and legislate. It is time to elect people that are willing to show up and work together.

Let's think about this for a second; we, the people, elect legislators in hopes they represent our interest in Washington, but what happens when they fail us like now? America is hurting, and they have done nothing for 9 months and counting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure how you expect 5 progressives to pass any legislation when the house has a mere 6 seat democratic majority out 435 members, and not all democrats are progressive.

Even more challenging is the 50-50 split in the Senate. Most democratic supported legislation is  being obstructed by the Minority Leader and the archaic filibuster rule.

Perhaps you can explain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, nursej22 said:

I am not sure how you expect 5 progressives to pass any legislation when the house has a mere 6 seat democratic majority out 435 members, and not all democrats are progressive.

Even more challenging is the 50-50 split in the Senate. Most democratic supported legislation is  being obstructed by the Minority Leader and the archaic filibuster rule.

Perhaps you can explain. 

The "Progressive Caucus" is part of the democratic has not passed one piece of legislation.  At this rate, they are proving why should not be elected in Congress. The Democrats are playing checkers and the Republicans are playing chess. The Democrats need to get on the same page and pass some legislation before elections or it will cost them the elections. The one thing about the Republicans is they might argue and disagree with each other privately, but publicly they are one united front that ALWAYS stays on message and pivots to stay on message

I do not agree with the archaic filibuster, but is now the time to change the rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2021 at 7:09 PM, luv2 said:

I do not agree with the archaic filibuster, but is now the time to change the rules?

Yes, it's time to change the rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's past time to change the rules...the republic is in peril. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, nursej22 said:

Yes, it's time to change the rules. 

We would be saying this if the far-right was in power and wanted to replace the   "archaic filibuster" ?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Edited by luv2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, toomuchbaloney said:

It's past time to change the rules...the republic is in peril. 

It is time we the people, elect representatives that are willing to work together. The republic is in peril because many that are elected are so far right or left and unwilling to compromise. Example of this is seen with the infrasture bill, Voting rights, student loan forgiveness, to name a few. How many Democrats support the bill? How many Republicans?   Many of these " Elected officials " are not representing the interest of those who elected  them to Congress.  They are representing there political party instead of we the people. Many of them barely even hold town halls any more. They do not understand they were elected to represent the interest of the U.S citizens and not a particular political party.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luv2 said:

We would be saying this if the far-right was in power and wanted to replace the   "archaic filibuster" ?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

The far-right already changed the rules around approving judges during the last administration. And they are essentially are in power now. I think the only tool left in the tool box is changing the filibuster. 

The crazy make up of the Senate needs to change too. 50 GOP senators represent 14 million fewer voters than 50 democratic senators. A tumbleweed in Wyoming has more representation in the Senate than I do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nursej22 said:

The far-right already changed the rules around approving judges during the last administration. And they are essentially are in power now. I think the only tool left in the tool box is changing the filibuster. 

The crazy make up of the Senate needs to change too. 50 GOP senators represent 14 million fewer voters than 50 democratic senators. A tumbleweed in Wyoming has more representation in the Senate than I do. 

I agree the far-right does control the courts. The bizarre thing is that lifetime judges appointed by the President make decisions that could potentially affect the country, and we the people have no say in who gets appointed to become a judge. Congress makes the final decision. The judicial branch is not for the people nor by the people, and it caters to the political party that appointed the individual to the seat.  

This is one of the reasons I am starting to stress the importance of passing meaningful legislation to support the cause of why the "50 GOP senators" should be primaried and voted out of office. Since they are unwilling to work beyond party lines. We need all branches of government to work together and pass legislation for the people and by the people. For me, this includes the cabinet positions as well. The cabinet members should host virtual town halls on various social media platforms and in-person town halls. They should push for this legislation across the country. This allows for media coverage and people to see the effects of climate change, innovative healthcare, education, a new infrascture that is needed in America, Housing, and economic plan. It is time to bring the message to the people to motivate Congress to do the right thing and pass meaningful legislation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, luv2 said:

It is time we the people, elect representatives that are willing to work together. The republic is in peril because many that are elected are so far right or left and unwilling to compromise. Example of this is seen with the infrasture bill, Voting rights, student loan forgiveness, to name a few. How many Democrats support the bill? How many Republicans?   Many of these " Elected officials " are not representing the interest of those who elected  them to Congress.  They are representing there political party instead of we the people. Many of them barely even hold town halls any more. They do not understand they were elected to represent the interest of the U.S citizens and not a particular political party.

 

Many elected officials are representing their party rather than their constituents. Just ask Liz Cheney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, toomuchbaloney said:

Many elected officials are representing their party rather than their constituents. Just ask Liz Cheney. 

It will be amazing if the moderate Democrats and Republicans join forces and pass legislation that puts the country over their political party. If this past election has taught any legislator people want politicians to focus on the issue and less on Trump. In order to win the election focus on the constituent's issues as opposed to not being Trump. 

In order to have a " Blue Wave or Purple Wave," the Democrats should focus on the issue and question their opponent's history, and point out how they stayed silent and supported Trump, and question if they support the Jan. 6 domestic terrorist. They also need to question what their opponents think about affordable health care. The bottom line is to focus on the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites