luv2 luv2 (Member)

Vaccine Rollout how is it really going?

Politics   (2,171 Views 67 Comments)
10,096 Visitors; 836 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 6 of Vaccine Rollout how is it really going?. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:26 PM, Horseshoe said:

Educating the public is important, but due to the political polarization that has occurred, there are many people who will be resistant to any education, no matter how gently the message is delivered.

Really at this point with Covid being around well over a year and the vaccine more almost six months how much more education do people need.  Their minds are made up.  You can't fix people that won't believe the truth.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, Tweety said:

Really at this point with Covid being around well over a year and the vaccine more almost six months how much more education do people need.  Their minds are made up.  You can't fix people that won't believe the truth.  

 

Yes, you can education is the oath we take as medical professionals to do no harm regardless of the degree. Which is includes ethical integrity, of honesty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, luv2 said:

Yes, you can education is the oath we take as medical professionals to do no harm regardless of the degree. Which is includes ethical integrity, of honesty.

Lots of luck with that.  The data is showing that the areas here in Florida that are the least vaccinated are those areas that were most strongly Trump supporters.  They got the same education as the rest of the state.  They are making a deliberate choice, as is their right, to reject it, whether it's based on good common sense or not. 

But I get it, we should not stop educating.  Doctors and nurses educate people on how to prevent heart disease through diet and exercise year after in their annual appointments until they die of heart disease and lack of exercise and poor diet.   

But my question remains.  How much more education do these people need?

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 7:02 AM, Tweety said:

Lots of luck with that.  The data is showing that the areas here in Florida that are the least vaccinated are those areas that were most strongly Trump supporters.  They got the same education as the rest of the state.  They are making a deliberate choice, as is their right, to reject it, whether it's based on good common sense or not. 

But I get it, we should not stop educating.  Doctors and nurses educate people on how to prevent heart disease through diet and exercise year after in their annual appointments until they die of heart disease and lack of exercise and poor diet.   

But my question remains.  How much more education do these people need?

As healthcare professionals, we all have a duty to educate. We can not stop educating.  In my personal opinion, the vaccine rollout failed because former President Trump and his aides took the vaccine and kept their status hidden. Then allowed misinformation about the vaccine to spread like a wildfire.  

 

It is the professional duty of all healthcare professionals to speak up. The vaccine is still not readily available. I have said this from the beginning we must go to the people. There should have been vaccine mobile units. That does not care about citizen status or any affiliation. The vaccine needs to go to the people door by door.  If we really do not want to overwhelm the healthcare system. The vaccine will go to the people, block by block.  Educate the people is to break the social stigma associated with vaccines. It is about time healthcare should no longer be accessible or confined to a  structure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, luv2 said:

As healthcare professionals, we all have a duty to educate. We can not stop educating.  In my personal opinion, the vaccine rollout failed because former President Trump and his aides took the vaccine and kept their status hidden. Then allowed misinformation about the vaccine to spread like a wildfire.  

 

It is the professional duty of all healthcare professionals to speak up. The vaccine is still not readily available. I have said this from the beginning we must go to the people. There should have been vaccine mobile units. That does not care about citizen status or any affiliation. The vaccine needs to go to the people door by door.  If we really do not want to overwhelm the healthcare system. The vaccine will go to the people, block by block.  Educate the people is to break the social stigma associated with vaccines. It is about time healthcare should no longer be accessible or confined to a  structure.

I can't disagree with that.  Stats are now coming out that in Trump supporting areas vaccination rates are lower.

The roll out that you describe is just too ambitious to have been organized from the beginning when an entire population needed to be vaccinated with a limited number of vaccines.  

Again, the public at this point has the same information as you and I do and I can agree it's our duty to try to break through that ignorance but there is only so much stupid you can fix.  Look at the resistance of health care providers.  Look at the healthcare providers protesting their employers in the streets because their employer requires the vaccine.  

Here in Florida I wish the governor would do more to encourage and educate us but he's about personal freedom. He's banned cruise lines, a big business here from requiring covid vaccination passports and from anyone requiring vaccinations for their employees.   But we do have mobile canvassing teams going door to door to educate and inoculate starting with the most disenfranchised neighborhoods first.  There also is an outreach to homebound persons.  These are good efforts and while would have been nice to be part of the initial roll out but again with a limited number of vaccines and a 20 million population it's understandable this occurred later.

Still as of today only 43% ish of the population is fully vaccinated here in Florida.  The vaccines are free and available on a walk up basis in the grocery stores, drug stores and easy to get.  Again, there is only so much education you can do for someone that has their mind made up.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality is that there is a crazy caucus in the conservative political party.  Today, represented by MTG, that group held a presser to discuss their urgent call for the firing of Dr Fauci...for lying about covid.  

Yep. You read that right.  Apparently the liberals need to fire Fauci because some Trump supporters don't understand who was actually responsible for the federal covid planning and response under Trump's pandemic "leadership"

The content starts around 11:25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fauci has always stated what he's known to be true at the time.  It always wasn't what we wanted to hear and some people under the leadership of Trump and senators like Rand Paul shot the messenger and continue to do so.  That he didn't always have answers or his answered changed as more information came about is unforgivable to them and constitute as "lies".  SMH

That MTG somehow has some information on his "lies" and that he needs to be fired isn't surprising.  Again, like her belief that the election was stolen I would simply want some honest proof and not just her BS rhetoric that a minority of Americans want to hear.

I can't find it but a friend did tell me the governor here in Florida was asking people to be vaccinated.  Florida had the most covid cases in the country last week.  There are some counties with less than 25% vaccinated.  It's about 45% in my county.  Still should be better.  But like I've already said, you can't educate the unwilling or people with their mind closed and made up.  Thus covid will continue to rage.  

 

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In