Jump to content
luv2 luv2 (Member)

Vaccine Rollout how is it really going?

Politics   (994 Views 58 Comments)
9,598 Visitors; 826 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

I am tired of the government not taking responsibility and accountability for the vaccine rollout and COVID-19 ( the pandemic).  This what I do not understand about politicians and some people? One moment they are praising everyone for their bravery, and the next moment every healthcare system is the problem. The problem is not the system itself, but the lack of government support. Instead of taking responsibility, it blames the system. Many hospitals are working at or near capacity. There is a multitude of problems with this vaccine rollout:

1- adequate staffing to administer the vaccine in each state 

2-adequate staffing to screen visitors

3- Education of the vaccine

One minute there was nothing but praises.  Currently, everyone is blaming and threatening to potentially fine the healthcare system.  What do you think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A govt roll-out of anything is always a mess.

A healthcare system is, or should be, a expert in providing healthcare .  They should be able to handle vaccinations.

I believe the first vaccinations in the US were on a Monday.  My employer started giving them on Friday, and did 5000 in the following 4 days.  Why would we want the govt in the middle of it all?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the vaccine rollout is fine for large healthcare systems. Those of us who work for small organizations, even though we are 1A healthcare personnel, are left with the dregs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vaccine roll out has fallen short. And why? 

Because of a lack of leadership at the federal level.

But that is about to change. January 20, 2021 is quickly approaching and leadership at the federal level will be restored.

The vaccine roll out hasn't met Trump's predictions. But then again, when does anything that turd says ever come to fruition?

Remember, according to Trump, Coronavirus was going to "disappear."

It hasn't. But he will, on 1/20/2021!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

The vaccine roll out has fallen short. And why? 

Because of a lack of leadership at the federal level.

But that is about to change. January 20, 2021 is quickly approaching and leadership at the federal level will be restored.

The vaccine roll out hasn't met Trump's predictions. But then again, when does anything that turd says ever come to fruition?

Remember, according to Trump, Coronavirus was going to "disappear."

It hasn't. But he will, on 1/20/2021!

Maybe a little naive, but things have to get better once Trump and Pence leave the office and Biden and Harris take over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rollout went well at my facility and we have been able to offer it to family members over the age of 65 of employees (probably because there are a lot of people refusing it or in a "I want to wait and see status").

It's also going very well for the nursing homes and residents here and there are A LOT here in my county in Florida, retirement haven.

However, for the general public it's not going well as the Health Department site in charge of it website crashed and there aren't enough vaccines so they stopped taking out appointments.  

With a population of over 300 million I certainly expected glitches along the way.   More than likely if the vaccine came out during Biden's time the same problems would have occurred.  

 

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tweety said:

The rollout went well at my facility and we have been able to offer it to family members over the age of 65 of employees (probably because there are a lot of people refusing it or in a "I want to wait and see status").

It's also going very well for the nursing homes and residents here and there are A LOT here in my county in Florida, retirement haven.

However, for the general public it's not going well as the Health Department site in charge of it website crashed and there aren't enough vaccines so they stopped taking out appointments.  

With a population of over 300 million I certainly expected glitches along the way.   More than likely if the vaccine came out during Biden's time the same problems would have occurred.  

 

I am genuinely happy it is going well for but to be honest it is a horror show where I live. You can not even get a COVID-19 test still even as a frontline healthcare worker. Of course, this vaccine rollout is failing. The frontline worker still can a COVID-19 test. This is an epic failure and will not make the news and politicians use frontline providers"heroes " when it is convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tweety said:

The rollout went well at my facility and we have been able to offer it to family members over the age of 65 of employees (probably because there are a lot of people refusing it or in a "I want to wait and see status").

It's also going very well for the nursing homes and residents here and there are A LOT here in my county in Florida, retirement haven.

However, for the general public it's not going well as the Health Department site in charge of it website crashed and there aren't enough vaccines so they stopped taking out appointments.  

With a population of over 300 million I certainly expected glitches along the way.   More than likely if the vaccine came out during Biden's time the same problems would have occurred.  

 

I agree with PP, I am glad it is going well for your area. In my area the only facilities administering vaccine is the hospital--to their employees, and 1 physician group who is administering 10 vaccines a day to the rest of the Tier 1A workers. No nursing homes have gotten it, an it is not available to the public. I keep calling and leaving messages to get signed up for my first one, I told my supervisor I will not collect COVID tests until I can at least get the first vaccine. This likely due to the state and county, but I think a consistent federal recommendation would help immensely. That, and the money to fund more administration sites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, luv2 said:

I am genuinely happy it is going well for but to be honest it is a horror show where I live. You can not even get a COVID-19 test still even as a frontline healthcare worker. Of course, this vaccine rollout is failing. The frontline worker still can a COVID-19 test. This is an epic failure and will not make the news and politicians use frontline providers"heroes " when it is convenient.

That is sad.  Here covid tests are widely available.   However, the sites are being overwhelmed and the wait in line is hours.  We had 19,000 confirmed cases here in Florida yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nursej22 said:

I agree with PP, I am glad it is going well for your area. In my area the only facilities administering vaccine is the hospital--to their employees, and 1 physician group who is administering 10 vaccines a day to the rest of the Tier 1A workers. No nursing homes have gotten it, an it is not available to the public. I keep calling and leaving messages to get signed up for my first one, I told my supervisor I will not collect COVID tests until I can at least get the first vaccine. This likely due to the state and county, but I think a consistent federal recommendation would help immensely. That, and the money to fund more administration sites. 

(Who or what is PP?)

It's only going well in nursing homes and hospitals.  Because we got the first shipment.  I think we have plenty because of the refusals and the governor has said if we don't take them soon he's taking them back.   I can understand that because others really want the shot.

 For the general public they aren't able to get it, nor can they even get an appointment.  Site crashed, vaccines ran out.

Teachers and other essential workers can't get it and are not happy either.

 It's getting widespread criticism.  

When I went to get my second Pfizer shot today I noticed a volunteer had to be stationed at the entrance to turn people away and give them information because the general public is coming to the hospital for a vaccine.  Doctors are sending out mass texts saying "we don't have the vaccine, stop calling us and tying up our lines please".

It's not going well.

I was wondering what Biden could do that the Trump administration isn't already doing.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/biden-vaccine-strategy/index.html

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

(Who or what is PP?)

 

PP is previous poster.  I was trying to agree with luv2 in that not every area is getting the vaccine out, even to tier 1A workers. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

That is sad.  Here covid tests are widely available.   However, the sites are being overwhelmed and the wait in line is hours.  We had 19,000 confirmed cases here in Florida yesterday.

In my opinion, the COVID -19 test center should be able to screen 100,000 per day as well as administer the vaccine. It should be broken down by zip code and town to screen and vaccinate. The army core of engineers, nurses, doctors should work together to create screening and vaccine centers. Hospitals should create COVID- 19 units and partner together and create COVID -19 medical centers where patients could recover and appropriately staff  COVID-19 facilities. We must really rethink healthcare to manage the spread of COVID-19.

Edited by luv2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.