Jump to content
NurseBlaq NurseBlaq (Member) Nurse

Too many Dem candidates

Politics   (1,600 Views 66 Comments)
3,177 Visitors; 188 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

Let me preface this by saying I don't subscribe to any political party, I vote my best interests, not political affiliation. Let me also be clear that Trump and damn near all of the compromised GOP Congress has to go, full stop.

Having said that, why are there so many Democratic candidates? It's far too many to take serious at this point. I'm waiting on them to dwindle down to a reasonable number, say 5 or 6, but 20+ candidates is ridiculous.

I think many of the candidates would be better off running for Senate seats instead of POTUS. What say y'all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see many of the candidates remain in their senate/congressional seats, but they all seem to have valid points and issues that ought to be considered. For instance climate change, health care, income disparity, and immigration. I live in a state where the caucuses are held rather late, so what I think doesn't really matter all that much. It's pretty much up to relative small states, Iowa and New Hampshire to winnow it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree nursej22, but think they should pick a few leading candidates who have a viable chance at winning and put all those issues into those candidates running points and into their own congressional runs so they can have one voice, one message, and no matter who wins they all win.

But I digress, they're politicians. It seems like all they're worried about are their own hides. SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NurseBlaq said:

I agree nursej22, but think they should pick a few leading candidates who have a viable chance at winning and put all those issues into those candidates running points and into their own congressional runs so they can have one voice, one message, and no matter who wins they all win.

But I digress, they're politicians. It seems like all they're worried about are their own hides. SMH

"They should pick"?

Who? Liberal voters will choose as time goes on.  There's time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think having so many is overwhelming to the presumed Republican candidate. He doesn't know who to pile his insults on, so he is focusing on 4 freshmen candidates who aren't even running, 😂. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toomuchbaloney said:

"They should pick"?

Who? Liberal voters will choose as time goes on.  There's time. 

No, Dems should get together among themselves and narrow it down. The others should run for Congress and mirror the initiatives. That way they can run for the government as a whole force and not divide and conquer among themselves and subject them all to attack and weakness.

That's just how I see it. Why limit your resources when you can become a collective force?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, nursej22 said:

I think having so many is overwhelming to the presumed Republican candidate. He doesn't know who to pile his insults on, so he is focusing on 4 freshmen candidates who aren't even running, 😂. 

I disagree. While they're battling each other for POTUS, the rest of them get to fly under the radar for their congressional seats. Many of the top obstructionists have valid opponents running against them in their home states but media doesn't cover it because they're showing us the dog an pony show of Dems eating each other alive. Didn't we see this with Bernie and Hillary in 2016?


Matter of fact, why the hell is Bernie an Independent in Congress but runs as a Dem for POTUS? I hate that old, bigoted bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NurseBlaq said:

I disagree. While they're battling each other for POTUS, the rest of them get to fly under the radar for their congressional seats. Many of the top obstructionists have valid opponents running against them in their home states but media doesn't cover it because they're showing us the dog an pony show of Dems eating each other alive. Didn't we see this with Bernie and Hillary in 2016?


Matter of fact, why the hell is Bernie an Independent in Congress but runs as a Dem for POTUS? I hate that old, bigoted bastard.

I like Bernie and do not think he deserves the name calling. I do not plan to vote for him in the primary, but will if he is the nominee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, herring_RN said:

I like Bernie and do not think he deserves the name calling. I do not plan to vote for him in the primary, but will if he is the nominee.

I don't like Bernie and he's done several racist and questionable things. Because you like him doesn't mean I can't feel a certain type of way about him.

Why would he be a Dem nominee for POTUS if he's an Independent in Congress? Why no one ever wants to answer this question? He's the reason Trump is in office. He stayed in the race too long.

Also, his wife is trash! Notice media never talks about her. They were both in trouble over questionable finances not too long ago. She's problematic and he is too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nursej22 said:

I think having so many is overwhelming to the presumed Republican candidate. He doesn't know who to pile his insults on, so he is focusing on 4 freshmen candidates who aren't even running, 😂. 

Agree.  He has made them the face of the Democratic party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MoondoggieRN said:

I know a lot of salaried workers that would love to be told to cut back their hours to only 40 hours a week.  My boss for one probably makes less per hour than me.

Our PT department has been told to not work more than 40 hours a week.  

Meh

I love the spin "Sanders can't even afford to pay his workers $15 an hour" when he's paying $15 an hour, healthcare and benefits.  

Next spin.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×