Jump to content
Tweety Tweety (Member) Expert Nurse

The President Joe Biden Thread

Politics   (1,926 Views 56 Comments)
6 Followers; 54,209 Visitors; 29,816 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 5 of The President Joe Biden Thread. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Getting a lot of buzz this week is the article written that Dr. Biden should drop "Dr." from her title in referring to herself as the First Lady.

First of all, if I worked that hard (while raising a family and married to a politician no less) you'd best be calling me Dr.

She a doctor, not a former porn star.  Call her Doctor

2nd, calling the future First Lady "kiddo" is about as misogynist as it gets.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-there-a-doctor-in-the-white-house-not-if-you-need-an-m-d-11607727380

dr. biden.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tweety said:

Getting a lot of buzz this week is the article written that Dr. Biden should drop "Dr." from her title in referring to herself as the First Lady.

First of all, if I worked that hard (while raising a family and married to a politician no less) you'd best be calling me Dr.

She a doctor, not a former porn star.  Call her Doctor

2nd, calling the future First Lady "kiddo" is about as misogynist as it gets.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-there-a-doctor-in-the-white-house-not-if-you-need-an-m-d-11607727380

dr. biden.png

Hmm.

Why didn't the Right insist that Melania Trump drop "super model" from her resume?

Or any of the other falsehoods she and DJT invented about her, such as her false education?

Nudie model should have been only descriptor allowed for Melania.

Racism and sexism remains alive and well in the Right-Wing community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 6:24 AM, Tweety said:

Getting a lot of buzz this week is the article written that Dr. Biden should drop "Dr." from her title in referring to herself as the First Lady.

First of all, if I worked that hard (while raising a family and married to a politician no less) you'd best be calling me Dr.

She a doctor, not a former porn star.  Call her Doctor

2nd, calling the future First Lady "kiddo" is about as misogynist as it gets.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-there-a-doctor-in-the-white-house-not-if-you-need-an-m-d-11607727380

dr. biden.png

It seems NYT often left out the title when referring to Ben Carson.  I'm sure other  liberal media outlets did too.

Are they hypocrites or racists?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nyt-slams-writer-not-calling-jill-biden-dr

A interesting article on the subject written in 2009.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-feb-02-na-dr-jill-biden2-story.html

 

 

Edited by Lucylu71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucylu71 said:

It seems NYT often left out the title when referring to Ben Carson.  I'm sure other  liberal media outlets did too.

Are they hypocrites or racists?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nyt-slams-writer-not-calling-jill-biden-dr

A interesting article on the subject written in 2009.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-feb-02-na-dr-jill-biden2-story.html

 

 

You're doing a diversion by changing the subject.  This has nothing to do with Mrs. Biden. 

Carson has been called "Carson" and "Ben Carson" in the press.   I did a search of Daily Wire the source you post and they don't use the Dr. title when writing about Ben Carson either.

Fox News does it too, not referring to him with his Dr. title.  They do mention that he's a former neurosurgeon though.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-carson-trump-not-racist

Mrs. Biden has been called Jill Biden in the press or Mrs. Biden in the press.  Most likely in the press she would have been referred to as "First Lady Jill Biden".  

Just like Fauci has been called "Fauci".   Although Dr. Fauci is often referred to as Dr. since he operates in that capacity.  Carson is the head of HUD.  But look at his White House page and it says "Dr."

https://www.hud.gov/about/Secretary

When Carson was given his appointment in the administration was he asked by someone in the press to drop his title and called "kiddo"?  That's the issue.

It's a personal preference, if it's her wish to be called Dr. Biden in her correspondence, that's her right, that really should be respected and she should not be told "well kiddo, drop the title".   I know plenty of retired doctors who will not drop the Dr. title.

My best friend is an English professor and he thinks that outside of the university setting there is no need to call someone Dr. and has never referred to himself that way, nor asks anyone else to.

 

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

You're doing a diversion by changing the subject.  This has nothing to do with Mrs. Biden. 

Carson has been called "Carson" and "Ben Carson" in the press.   I did a search of Daily Wire the source you post and they don't use the Dr. title when writing about Ben Carson either.

Fox News does it too, not referring to him with his Dr. title.  They do mention that he's a former neurosurgeon though.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-carson-trump-not-racist

Mrs. Biden has been called Jill Biden in the press or Mrs. Biden in the press.  Most likely in the press she would have been referred to as "First Lady Jill Biden".  

Just like Fauci has been called "Fauci".   Although Dr. Fauci is often referred to as Dr. since he operates in that capacity.  Carson is the head of HUD.  But look at his White House page and it says "Dr."

https://www.hud.gov/about/Secretary

When Carson was given his appointment in the administration was he asked by someone in the press to drop his title and called "kiddo"?  That's the issue.

It's a personal preference, if it's her wish to be called Dr. Biden in her correspondence, that's her right, that really should be respected and she should not be told "well kiddo, drop the title".   I know plenty of retired doctors who will not drop the Dr. title.

My best friend is an English professor and he thinks that outside of the university setting there is no need to call someone Dr. and has never referred to himself that way, nor asks anyone else to.

 

Actually, I believe Ben Carson should have been referred to as Secretary, as that was his official title within the government.

So, if an article referred to him in his official capacity, FIRST reference should be as Secretary. 

After that, he would be referred to as Carson, or by his last name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

You're doing a diversion by changing the subject.  This has nothing to do with Mrs. Biden. 

Carson has been called "Carson" and "Ben Carson" in the press.   I did a search of Daily Wire the source you post and they don't use the Dr. title when writing about Ben Carson either.

Fox News does it too, not referring to him with his Dr. title.  They do mention that he's a former neurosurgeon though.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-carson-trump-not-racist

Mrs. Biden has been called Jill Biden in the press or Mrs. Biden in the press.  Most likely in the press she would have been referred to as "First Lady Jill Biden".  

Just like Fauci has been called "Fauci".   Although Dr. Fauci is often referred to as Dr. since he operates in that capacity.  Carson is the head of HUD.  But look at his White House page and it says "Dr."

https://www.hud.gov/about/Secretary

When Carson was given his appointment in the administration was he asked by someone in the press to drop his title and called "kiddo"?  That's the issue.

It's a personal preference, if it's her wish to be called Dr. Biden in her correspondence, that's her right, that really should be respected and she should not be told "well kiddo, drop the title".   I know plenty of retired doctors who will not drop the Dr. title.

My best friend is an English professor and he thinks that outside of the university setting there is no need to call someone Dr. and has never referred to himself that way, nor asks anyone else to.

 

Kiddo, is definitely an insult, given Jill Biden's age.

But we already know how the Right-Wingers are terrified of educated women.

Why else would they elevate a nudie model, into a role model, and remain quiet about Melania Trump's false resume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough Trump bashing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jbw6502 said:

Enough Trump bashing. 

Welcome, Jbw6502. Seeing how this is a thread about Joe Biden, do you have any opinion about him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.