Jump to content
Tweety Tweety (Member) Expert Nurse

The President Donald Trump Thread

Politics   (11,795,111 Views 8,985 Comments)
6 Followers; 53,081 Visitors; 29,261 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 696 of The President Donald Trump Thread. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

4 hours ago, Tweety said:

It's a double edge sword, the economy is doing so well people can find multiple jobs, but it's so bad that people need multiple jobs.

Well, Obama and Biden are trying to take credit for the economy.  And, many posters here have given Obama credit for it in the not to distant past. It seems they are so flustered by Trump's success they can't decide which argument to stick with.  One day the economy isn't good, and the next it is but it's because if Obama.  Whatever.  I find it entertaining.

Moving on, if it is "so bad", which Democrat candidate will do better with it, and how?

Edited by Lucylu71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucylu71 said:

Well, Obama and Biden are trying to take credit for the economy.  And, many posters here have given Obama credit for it in the not to distant past. It seems they are so flustered by Trump's success they can't decide which argument to stick with.  One day the economy isn't good, and the next it is but it's because if Obama.  Whatever.  I find it entertaining.

Moving on, if it is "so bad", which Democrat candidate will do better with it, and how?

 

There are plenty of democrats to look at that are trying to help the segment of the economy that isn't doing so well, especially those that are seeing the safety net disappear while billionaires get tax cuts. 

When Trump took office it was important for him to convince people that America wasn't great that we were in shambles.  

It was also entertaining that a few months later, "the economy is booming under Trump".   It was in shambles and in ruins a few months earlier and the next it was booming.  

I heard the same arguments, from Trump supporters in this very forum during the Obama economy when things were going better,  "well the economy isn't good for everyone, people are hurting, the unemployment numbers aren't accurate, look at the real unemployment numbers.".    

Of course the same source for those numbers that were inaccurate  are now just awesome.

I wonder why it's so hard for people to admit that Obama got the economy started booming and it was good when Trump took office and it remains good under Trump and he didn't ruin it.  

Obama and Biden deserve some credit.

Still, the same argument remains, "it isn't good for everyone and people are hurting".    

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for continuing my thread all these years.   Taking another break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is interesting, that Trump only refers to the justice system being "unfair" when he is talking about criminals convicted for the same crimes he is guilty of.

Apparently, the justice system is only "unfair" and a "sham," when it comes to White, males, convicted of lying, tax evasion, fraud and political corruption.

Because those are the folks Trump pardons in bulk, while other folks, perhaps more deserving of mercy, and not of White skin tone, whose crimes don't resemble those of Trump, receive no pardons.

Anybody know how many children, caught up in Trump's zero tolerance policy at the southern border, still haven't been reunited with their parents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please note many off-topic posts have been removed.

If a member thinks another member is violating TOS, please report, do not engage on the boards.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

It is interesting, that Trump only refers to the justice system being "unfair" when he is talking about criminals convicted for the same crimes he is guilty of.

Apparently, the justice system is only "unfair" and a "sham," when it comes to White, males, convicted of lying, tax evasion, fraud and political corruption.

Because those are the folks Trump pardons in bulk, while other folks, perhaps more deserving of mercy, and not of White skin tone, whose crimes don't resemble those of Trump, receive no pardons.

Anybody know how many children, caught up in Trump's zero tolerance policy at the southern border, still haven't been reunited with their parents?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/3100-inmates-to-be-released-as-trump-administration-implements-criminal-justice-reform/2019/07/19/7ed0daf6-a9a4-11e9-a3a6-ab670962db05_story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor, poor, Donnie!

Even after his Impeachment acquittal, the majority of Americans still don't like him.

From today's NY Post:

Trump Approval Rating Hits A High Post Impeachment

Too bad for Donnie, that high is only 46%, according to Real Clear Politics, while his DISAPPROVAL rating is over 50%, at 51.1%.

Looking forward to kicking him to the gutter in November!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine what his approval would be without the propaganda outlet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Imagine what his approval would be without the propaganda outlet...

Good point, baloney!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lucylu71 said:

Well, Obama and Biden are trying to take credit for the economy.  And, many posters here have given Obama credit for it in the not to distant past. It seems they are so flustered by Trump's success they can't decide which argument to stick with.  One day the economy isn't good, and the next it is but it's because if Obama.  Whatever.  I find it entertaining.

Moving on, if it is "so bad", which Democrat candidate will do better with it, and how?

I think you're over-generalizing "the economy" as a single thing, rather than a number of factors, some of which can have a positive trajectory, others not.

There's no arguing that as a broad statement, the economy is doing well, and the Trump administration deserves at least some credit for that, although the reality doesn't quite match their claims that there has been a significant change in the economy's trajectory since he took office.

For example, here is the trend in unemployment rate before and after Trump took office:

836009537_unemploymentrate.png.886dee4dcbd9db69a27ca9350f37cc4d.png

Here's the rate of GDP growth which Trump seems to use as the basis for his economy being the "best ever", when he actually has yet to match the peak periods of GDP growth under Obama.

2000428569_GDPgrowth.png.cbcec5234f421493097acb7b2fb92857.png

So for the most part, Trump deserves credit for at least not seriously screwing up the economy he inherited.  But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be concern about the current administrations actions that could threaten this down the road, like massive deficit spending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, Trump was truly unhinged today, wasn't he?

From today's WaPo:

Trump Tests Barr With More Tweets About The Justice Department

Of course, Trump was egged on by Cult member Tom Fitton, from Judicial Watch.

Why would any True Patriot egg on deranged rants by suggesting a "seditious conspiracy" against Trump at FBI?

A True Patriot would be appalled by the crazy, paranoid rants, and Trump the Ativan/Haldol shot he so desperately needs and deserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MunoRN said:

I think you're over-generalizing "the economy" as a single thing, rather than a number of factors, some of which can have a positive trajectory, others not.

There's no arguing that as a broad statement, the economy is doing well, and the Trump administration deserves at least some credit for that, although the reality doesn't quite match their claims that there has been a significant change in the economy's trajectory since he took office.

For example, here is the trend in unemployment rate before and after Trump took office:

836009537_unemploymentrate.png.886dee4dcbd9db69a27ca9350f37cc4d.png

Here's the rate of GDP growth which Trump seems to use as the basis for his economy being the "best ever", when he actually has yet to match the peak periods of GDP growth under Obama.

2000428569_GDPgrowth.png.cbcec5234f421493097acb7b2fb92857.png

So for the most part, Trump deserves credit for at least not seriously screwing up the economy he inherited.  But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be concern about the current administrations actions that could threaten this down the road, like massive deficit spending.

I wasn't looking to debate if Obama deserves credit for the economy.  That is tired and irrelevant at this point. 

I was simply pointing out that some posters here say the economy isn't that good while at the same time Obama and Biden are trying to take credit for it.

Obviously, you disagree with those posters.  I'm not surprised, as you are much more astute then most of the liberal members here.

So, how do you think a Sanders, Warren, or Bloomberg agenda would make things better and how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.