Jump to content
Tweety Tweety (Member) Expert Nurse Verified

The President Donald Trump Thread

Politics   (8,538,515 Views 7,295 Comments)
6 Followers; 50,077 Visitors; 28,086 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 604 of The President Donald Trump Thread. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-will-deny-temporary-protected-status-bahamians-who-fled-n1052561

I have no words that I can say here without violating TOS.  Bahamians who are allowed to come to the US as refugees will not be allowed to work while here.  So what are they supposed to do to support themselves?  Collect welfare??  We can't have that, can we??? That's anathema to the right.  These people have lost everything and need a place to stay while their country is rebuilt.  Why not let them work so they can support themselves while they are in the US, and not be a "burden"?  Trump touts his low unemployment rate, so I highly doubt they'll be taking any jobs away from Americans.  I remember 18 years ago when other countries showed us support in the face of our disaster.  Apparently that's been long forgotten, at least by Trump and his minion Stephen Miller.  I pray that karma is a real thing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tweety said:

Truth.  She wasn't treated fairly by the extreme right but in the end, I still think she wasn't the right candidate because of this and other baggage that she wasn't able to overcome.   While she garnered the popular vote a Democrat, should have easily won the electoral college against a candidate like Trump.  

Moot point because as Nel said HRC isn't in the White House is she?

No she's not. 

Yet people still post incorrect propaganda about her and the election, go figure.  The important bit is that there is no expectation that the next election will be free or fair and the American people apparently are complacent enough to continue to accept men as president who can't even win the popular vote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

Truth.  She wasn't treated fairly by the extreme right but in the end, I still think she wasn't the right candidate because of this and other baggage that she wasn't able to overcome.   While she garnered the popular vote a Democrat, should have easily won the electoral college against a candidate like Trump.  

Moot point because as Nel said HRC isn't in the White House is she?

She isn't in the WH because of her so-called "baggage."

Good Lord!

Trump came into the election with Santa Claus size sack full of baggage.

She isn't in the WH because the Electoral College, gives more weight to states with outsized numbers of racists, bigots and misogynists.

Let's please be truthful.

No one had a bigger set of luggage than Trump!

 

Edited by Lil Nel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCgradnurse said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-will-deny-temporary-protected-status-bahamians-who-fled-n1052561

I have no words that I can say here without violating TOS.  Bahamians who are allowed to come to the US as refugees will not be allowed to work while here.  So what are they supposed to do to support themselves?  Collect welfare??  We can't have that, can we??? That's anathema to the right.  These people have lost everything and need a place to stay while their country is rebuilt.  Why not let them work so they can support themselves while they are in the US, and not be a "burden"?  Trump touts his low unemployment rate, so I highly doubt they'll be taking any jobs away from Americans.  I remember 18 years ago when other countries showed us support in the face of our disaster.  Apparently that's been long forgotten, at least by Trump and his minion Stephen Miller.  I pray that karma is a real thing.

 

 

Trump couldn't even maintain semi-adult like behavior for the duration of 9/11, so clearly history is wasted on him.

He was busy today Tweeting about the "Boneheads" at the Fed, who won't lower interest rates, as he has instructed.

Keep a look out for the unhinged rants, Tweets and behaviors, as many polls out in the last few days, indicate he is a weak 2020 candidate.

Few Americans believe he can lead to a good place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lil Nel said:

She isn't in the WH because of her so-called "baggage."

Good Lord!

Trump came into the election with Santa Claus size sack full of baggage.

She isn't in the WH because the Electoral College, gives more weight to states with outsized numbers of racists, bigots and misogynists.

Let's please be truthful.

No one had a bigger set of luggage than Trump!

 

I totally agree that "No one had a bigger set of luggage than Trump!" and she couldn't beat him.  Yes, I know all about the the election and the electoral college.  We discussed it and I posted thousands of times on it.

But let's be honest.  Obama won the electoral college by winning some of those states with outsized numbers of racists and Hillary lost to Trump.  

This is my last post about her.  Thanks for the discussion though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without the electoral college, 5 that's right 5 counties total would decide every presidential race by sheer population .  Is that fair to the rest if the country.  It says your vote doesn't count at all so don't bother voting.   That is true voter suppression as well as opening a a whole big old bag of voter fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyrshamarks said:

Without the electoral college, 5 that's right 5 counties total would decide every presidential race by sheer population. ...

And which counties would these be?

Edited by chare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chare said:

And which counties would these be?

Glad I am not the only poster interested in finding out which fives COUNTIES in the entire country, would decide a presidential election!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tweety said:

I totally agree that "No one had a bigger set of luggage than Trump!" and she couldn't beat him.  Yes, I know all about the the election and the electoral college.  We discussed it and I posted thousands of times on it.

But let's be honest.  Obama won the electoral college by winning some of those states with outsized numbers of racists and Hillary lost to Trump.  

This is my last post about her.  Thanks for the discussion though.

You are more than welcome!

It is an important discussion to have because there are still misconceptions regarding her loss.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does Trump think will happen if he should ever say:

"You know what, turns out I was mistaken."

The world will stop turning? He will have to admit he is not infallible? Is there shame in admitting one is human?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-pressured-noaa-issue-statement-backing-trump/story?id=65537186&cid=social_twitter_abcnp

 

I would be willing to bet all wives and girlfriends could testify that he never even once owned up to being wrong, and even further, even apologized for anything he ever did or said. That is a rather bizarre fear-to never ever want to admit to being mistaken, to getting something wrong, to doing something wrong, or saying anything he should regret.

He is simply just a terrible excuse for a human being, much less for a POTUS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chare said:

And which counties would these be?

The ones that contain most of the people, because that's how a democracy works. There is no good reason in this day and age  for a vote from a sparsely populated state to count more than a densely populated one. 

I live in a moderately sized state on the west coast, and have never felt like my presidential vote counted. The election is usually called before my state has results posted. But I vote because of the state and local contests on the ballot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

Glad I am not the only poster interested in finding out which fives COUNTIES in the entire country, would decide a presidential election!

To to the other posters point....Trump lost the popular vote by 2.9 million.  1.3 million of that was LA County.  He lost California by 3.4 million.

Campaigns were run on the fact that the electoral college is what matters.  If the popular vote is what mattered, they would have campaigned differently.  Trump would have done better in CA.  He would have spent more resources there and more Republicans would have bothered to vote.

Likewise, Clinton would have done better in places.

We don't know who would have won the popular  vote if that had been the goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×