Jump to content
Tweety Tweety (Member) Expert Nurse Verified

The President Donald Trump Thread

Politics   (8,538,519 Views 7,295 Comments)
6 Followers; 50,077 Visitors; 28,086 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 593 of The President Donald Trump Thread. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Trump renews call for Russia to be readmitted to G-7

President Trump on Tuesday reiterated his call for Russia to be allowed to rejoin the Group of Seven industrial nations, saying it’s “more appropriate to have Russia in.”

Trump was speaking with reporters in the Oval Office days before he is set to arrive in France for this weekend’s G-7 summit.

“I guess President Obama, because Putin outsmarted him — President Obama thought it wasn’t a good thing to have Russia in, so he wanted Russia out,” Trump said, referring to his predecessor’s push for a united stand against Russia after it annexed Ukraine’s Crimea region. “But I think it’s much more appropriate to have Russia in.”

He added that “if somebody would make that motion, I would certainly be disposed to think about it very favorably.”

Russia was expelled from the group in 2014 and has since angered U.S. lawmakers and foreign powers over interference in the U.S. presidential election, among other actions...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-renews-call-for-russia-to-be-readmitted-to-g-7/2019/08/20/fb110954-c396-11e9-9986-1fb3e4397be4_story.html 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, herring_RN said:

Trump renews call for Russia to be readmitted to G-7

President Trump on Tuesday reiterated his call for Russia to be allowed to rejoin the Group of Seven industrial nations, saying it’s “more appropriate to have Russia in.”

Trump was speaking with reporters in the Oval Office days before he is set to arrive in France for this weekend’s G-7 summit.

“I guess President Obama, because Putin outsmarted him — President Obama thought it wasn’t a good thing to have Russia in, so he wanted Russia out,” Trump said, referring to his predecessor’s push for a united stand against Russia after it annexed Ukraine’s Crimea region. “But I think it’s much more appropriate to have Russia in.”

He added that “if somebody would make that motion, I would certainly be disposed to think about it very favorably.”

Russia was expelled from the group in 2014 and has since angered U.S. lawmakers and foreign powers over interference in the U.S. presidential election, among other actions...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-renews-call-for-russia-to-be-readmitted-to-g-7/2019/08/20/fb110954-c396-11e9-9986-1fb3e4397be4_story.html 

Thanks as always, herring, for posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

Anybody want to take bets on how long it will take Melania to file for divorce, if he loses in 2020?

I say 5:1 it takes her eight months, and 2:1, it takes her a year.

Anybody else?

I've also heard people speculate he'll trade her in for a younger model which is what he seems to do.  But he isn't getting any younger, and I'm sure some gold digger out there will have him.  Also, she'll take him to the cleaners because they have a son, but I'm sure there's a prenup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

I've also heard people speculate he'll trade her in for a younger model which is what he seems to do.  But he isn't getting any younger, and I'm sure some gold digger out there will have him.  Also, she'll take him to the cleaners because they have a son, but I'm sure there's a prenup.

When will Russian spy Maria Butina be released from prison?

😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh.

The Danes should consider themselves lucky, to avoid the buffoon.

Instead, they are insulted that Trump cancelled his last minute trip to Denmark.

From today's WaPo:

Danes Furious Over Postponement Of Trump's Visit, Call His Behavior 'Insulting'

"He's like a spoiled child."

"Lacks even basic diplomatic skills."

Those are quotes from the Right-Wing party!!!!

Geez.

When the right-wing calls Trump out for being a moron, well, it is bad, isn't it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really tragic that this tweet would actually be referring to a US president. Every day there is a new low in terms of behavior or speech and it's surreal that much of the world looks at our president as a total nutcase/laughingstock when he's not being perceived as an uneducated yet evil and dangerous sociopath.

SZ__-Au3_bigger.jpg
 
We learn in med school that if someone comes to the emergency room calling themselves the King of Israel and the second coming of God, that patient is either high on drugs or is having a psychotic break and needs to be promptly evaluated with a tox screen and psychiatric consult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Horseshoe said:

It's really tragic that this tweet would actually be referring to a US president. Every day there is a new low in terms of behavior or speech and it's surreal that much of the world looks at our president as a total nutcase/laughingstock when he's not being perceived as an uneducated yet evil and dangerous sociopath.

SZ__-Au3_bigger.jpg
 
We learn in med school that if someone comes to the emergency room calling themselves the King of Israel and the second coming of God, that patient is either high on drugs or is having a psychotic break and needs to be promptly evaluated with a tox screen and psychiatric consult.

I suspect there are lots of mentally ill people in the US, judging from the number of folks with addiction problems, high numbers of prescriptions for anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications.

Trump is simply one of the mentally ill.

So are his supporters, who cheer, encourage and enable his illness.

His outrageous behavior and bizarre statements are hardly worth mentioning anymore, as they are so commonplace.

It is sad and unfortunate that some rationale people, view his instability as an opportunity for self-enrichment.

Anyone who blantantly takes advantage of the illness of another, is truly pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well well.

Sarah Sanders got herself a job with Fox.

What a surprise!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Warns Europe: I’ll Air Drop ISIS Fighters From Europe Back Into Your Countries     

 August 21, 2019       US president Donald Trump has threatened to release “thousands” of Isis fighters held in Syria “to Europe” if their countries do not take back their citizens who went to join the terror group. 

Around 800 Isis fighters of European origin are currently being detained in northern Syria by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces, along with thousands of women and children....

...   Trump told reporters, “We’re holding thousands of ISIS fighters right now, and Europe has to take them. We beat them. We captured them. We’ve got thousands of them. And now, as usual, our allies say, ‘Oh. no. We don’t want them.’ Even though they came from France and Germany and other places. We’re going to tell them and we’ve already told them, ‘Take these prisoners that we’ve captured because the United States is not going to put them in Guantanamo for the next 50 years and pay for it.’ If Europe doesn’t take them, then I have no choice but to release them into the countries from which they came, which is Germany, and France, and other places.” He concluded, “It’s moving along, my deadline. They know.”

Hours later, the president repeated his assertion before a group of veterans in Kentucky, saying, “Certain countries in Europe, they’ve got to take them back. Because we don’t want to hold them. They’d rather have us hold them, and let us have them for 50 years. We don’t want them. They should take them. Do we agree? They should take them? They say to us, ‘Why don’t you hold them in Guantanamo Bay for 50 years and you just hold them and spend billions and billions of dollars holding them.’ And I’m saying, ‘No, you gotta take them.’”...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50902/trump-warns-europe-ill-air-drop-isis-fighters-hank-berrien 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, herring_RN said:

Trump Warns Europe: I’ll Air Drop ISIS Fighters From Europe Back Into Your Countries     

 August 21, 2019       US president Donald Trump has threatened to release “thousands” of Isis fighters held in Syria “to Europe” if their countries do not take back their citizens who went to join the terror group. 

Around 800 Isis fighters of European origin are currently being detained in northern Syria by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces, along with thousands of women and children....

...   Trump told reporters, “We’re holding thousands of ISIS fighters right now, and Europe has to take them. We beat them. We captured them. We’ve got thousands of them. And now, as usual, our allies say, ‘Oh. no. We don’t want them.’ Even though they came from France and Germany and other places. We’re going to tell them and we’ve already told them, ‘Take these prisoners that we’ve captured because the United States is not going to put them in Guantanamo for the next 50 years and pay for it.’ If Europe doesn’t take them, then I have no choice but to release them into the countries from which they came, which is Germany, and France, and other places.” He concluded, “It’s moving along, my deadline. They know.”

Hours later, the president repeated his assertion before a group of veterans in Kentucky, saying, “Certain countries in Europe, they’ve got to take them back. Because we don’t want to hold them. They’d rather have us hold them, and let us have them for 50 years. We don’t want them. They should take them. Do we agree? They should take them? They say to us, ‘Why don’t you hold them in Guantanamo Bay for 50 years and you just hold them and spend billions and billions of dollars holding them.’ And I’m saying, ‘No, you gotta take them.’”...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50902/trump-warns-europe-ill-air-drop-isis-fighters-hank-berrien 

Well.

This is interesting, isn't it?

Trump doesn't want to hold ISIS fighters indefinitely, but he has no qualms about holding migrant families in detention camps indefinitely.

Hmm.

Doesn't make much sense, but then, we are discussing the words and thoughts of a buffoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused because the article above states 800 prisoners of European origin and Trump says "thousands".  He makes so much stuff up at the top of his head, who knows.

What is is his plan, just to invade Europe and set them loose?  Go to American bases there and let them out the gates?

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×