Jump to content
Tweety Tweety (New Member) New Member

The President Donald Trump Thread

Politics   (8,513,950 Views 6,336 Comments)
6 Followers; 49,430 Visitors; 27,752 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.
advertisement

You are reading page 513 of The President Donald Trump Thread. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Donald Trump's five most dangerous attacks on the environment

Today Trump assembled some of his cabinet to lie to the country about their environmental agenda and record. Coal, oil, and mining interests were pretty well represented in the group. 

Air quality has decreased on his watch, he hasn't even acknowledged that much less considered policy that might reverse the trend. He opened more acerage of national monument land to outside mining interests than he has protected.  

He is a greedy, corrupt liar who only cares about the environment relative to his property or potential for personal gain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Crime by Any Name

Quote

“There were definitely parts of the Obama program that did similar—and, in fact, some of the same—things,” said Chris Rickerd, a policy counsel at the ACLU. “But this all-encompassing skepticism of asylum seekers fleeing violence—justifying cruel treatment, justifying changes in the law, and justifying overcrowding to the point of unsafe and deadly conditions—[is] of a scale and a type that we haven’t seen before.” One pediatrician who visited a Border Patrol facility in Texas observed “extreme cold temperatures, lights on 24 hours a day, no adequate access to medical care, basic sanitation, water, or adequate food.” Photographs show migrants huddled together, languishing in filth behind chain-link fences, some with little more than Mylar blankets for shelter. The president’s defenders on Fox News have compared these conditions to summer camp and house parties.

Trump campaigned on the notion that torture was ok and he might engage in that activity.  Who knew he was talking about migrants as the target?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48921243

Three things spring to mind;

1) Is there anything happening concerning Trump that he would want to deflect from? Perhaps his friend Jeffrey Epstein can answer that?

2) Does he seriously think that it is only the British ambassador who writes things like that? All the ambassadors will have written similar stuff.

3) Trump wants Brexit done so that he can move in and try to cheat UK in business because that is what he does. And to this end he wants Nigel Farage as the UK ambassador.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GrumpyRN said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48921243

Three things spring to mind;

1) Is there anything happening concerning Trump that he would want to deflect from? Perhaps his friend Jeffrey Epstein can answer that?

2) Does he seriously think that it is only the British ambassador who writes things like that? All the ambassadors will have written similar stuff.

3) Trump wants Brexit done so that he can move in and try to cheat UK in business because that is what he does. And to this end he wants Nigel Farage as the UK ambassador.

It appears that foreign dignitaries have Trump figured out while American voters are still under his spell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48937120

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-parliaments-48936641

So Trump gets what he wanted because Sir Kim Darroch is a decent and adult human being unlike your president (very lower case "p") who at best could be described as a spoiled, nasty, bullying, selfish, narcissistic brat. 

Perhaps the other ambassadors will now let slip what their assessments are.

Edited by GrumpyRN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GrumpyRN said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48937120

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-parliaments-48936641

So Trump gets what he wanted because Sir Kim Darroch is a decent and adult human being unlike your president (very lower case "p") who at best could be described as a spoiled, nasty, bullying, selfish, narcissistic brat. 

Perhaps the other ambassadors will now let slip what their assessments are.

Or he resigned before he got tossed aside.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-refuses-rule-out-sacking-us-ambassador-kim-darroch-trump-2019-7?r=US&IR=T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement
2 hours ago, GrumpyRN said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48937120

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-parliaments-48936641

So Trump gets what he wanted because Sir Kim Darroch is a decent and adult human being unlike your president (very lower case "p") who at best could be described as a spoiled, nasty, bullying, selfish, narcissistic brat. 

Perhaps the other ambassadors will now let slip what their assessments are.

He had to be replaced. Trump is too thin skinned to work with people who have publicly pointed out that he is an incompetent bully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

He had to be replaced. Trump is too thin skinned to work with people who have publicly pointed out that he is an incompetent bully. 

It is seriously like listening to a 12 year old. And if he thinks Boris Johnson is any better he needs to look at this;

 

Edited by GrumpyRN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SC_RNDude said:

Sorry Dude, I did not see your post when I posted the Guardian clip. I am going to make an assumption that you are being moderated - been there myself so understand what has happened. If I am wrong I apologise.

I watched the debate that the article references and Johnson showed moral cowardice by not standing behind the ambassador. A country cannot allow another country to dictate to them. He wants to suck up to Trump and is hoping that way he will get a good deal from him - I don't trust Trump as I saw what he did in Scotland.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/08/trump-golf-course-has-ruined-dunes-habitat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48789620

 

Also worth watching this;  

 

Edited by GrumpyRN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, GrumpyRN said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48937120

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-parliaments-48936641

So Trump gets what he wanted because Sir Kim Darroch is a decent and adult human being unlike your president (very lower case "p") who at best could be described as a spoiled, nasty, bullying, selfish, narcissistic brat. 

Perhaps the other ambassadors will now let slip what their assessments are.

He got caught behaving in a very unprofessional matter and the only course of action was for him to resign.  Lesson learned.  

Trump of course responded in a very unprofessional and junivenile matter calling him "wacky" and "stupid", but that's Trump.  It's okay when he does it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×