Jump to content
Tweety Tweety (New Member) New Member

The Congressional Thread

Politics   (2,832 Views 169 Comments)
6 Followers; 48,320 Visitors; 27,192 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.
advertisement

You are reading page 14 of The Congressional Thread. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

5 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

I think Ms Owens can benefit greatly from reading the remarks of a Black, US District judge who understands that racism continues to play a large role in American life.

His name is Carlton Reeves, and he gave an excellent speech at the UVA School of Law this week.

From today's Washington Post:

'You Can Hear The Klan's Lawyer's: Federal Judge Likens Trump's Attacks On Judiciary To KKK

Since Ms Owens apparently disputes findings from the FBI, on the rise of hate crimes against minorities in this country, Judge Carlton could really bring her up to speed.

 

Reeve’s speech pretty much proves Trump is right to criticize the judiciary for being political.  The speech was probably against judiciary ethics rules as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SC_RNDude said:

Reeve’s speech pretty much proves Trump is right to criticize the judiciary for being political.  The speech was probably against judiciary ethics rules as well.

He never mentioned Trump by name.

He was discussing history.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SC_RNDude said:

Reeve’s speech pretty much proves Trump is right to criticize the judiciary for being political.  The speech was probably against judiciary ethics rules as well.

Judges, including US Supreme Court Justices, give all kinds of speeches.

All kinds of speeches.

Ethics?

No such concept in Trumplandia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it is polically incorrect to say who speaks in the 12 minute video but there are a myriad of different people.  

I saw this a few months ago and remembered it tonight.

"It was harder to come out as conservative . . . "

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spidey's mom said:

I guess it is polically incorrect to say who speaks in the 12 minute video but there are a myriad of different people.  

I saw this a few months ago and remembered it tonight.

"It was harder to come out as conservative . . . "

 

Why would it be politically incorrect? And, if it is, why is that a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spidey's mom said:

I guess it is polically incorrect to say who speaks in the 12 minute video but there are a myriad of different people.  

I saw this a few months ago and remembered it tonight.

"It was harder to come out as conservative . . . "

 

I don't understand your reference to political incorrectness?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement

What exactly is Trump doing to make lives better for people of color? It is not very clear in the video. Yes the unemployment rate is low, but it is low for all Americans, more in some areas that other. But people are still being attacked by police, black churches are being burned, and he wants to take away insurance coverage without a plan to replace it. And he continues to make threats towards Muslims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spidey's mom said:

I guess it is polically incorrect to say who speaks in the 12 minute video but there are a myriad of different people.  

I saw this a few months ago and remembered it tonight.

"It was harder to come out as conservative . . . "

 

You might enjoy a short piece I just came across on NPR web site:

'I Love You, But You Are Wrong,' And Other Salvos On The Front Lines Of Civility

It focuses on friends, family and couples with divergent political viewpoints.

The piece includes a Mexican-American woman who supports a border wall, and her daughter, who doesn't.

It isn't very in depth, but your post made me think of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nursej22 said:

What exactly is Trump doing to make lives better for people of color? It is not very clear in the video. Yes the unemployment rate is low, but it is low for all Americans, more in some areas that other. But people are still being attacked by police, black churches are being burned, and he wants to take away insurance coverage without a plan to replace it. And he continues to make threats towards Muslims. 

Candace Owens said, "The biggest scandal--this is my last sentence--in American politics is that Democrats have been conning minorities into the belief that we are perpetual victims all but ensuring our failure. Racial division and class warfare are central to the Democrat party platform. They need Blacks to hate whites, the rich to hate the poor."

That is not my experience. I am the same age as her grandfather. Our family members are Black, White, Native American, Chilean American, Japanese American, and those who are Christian (Catholic and Protestant, Muslim, Jewish, and one Buddhist. Here is our granddaughter at her college graduation with proud Grandpa and with her two best friends. GrandpawithCourtneycollegegraduate.jpg      FriendsCourtney.jpg

Quote

In 2007 Candace Owens was a high school student who received insulting voice mail messages calling her "n*****". One was a death threat. The NAACP helped her sue and she settled out of court for $37,000.00. She was the victim of a crime. 

http://sip-trunking.tmcnet.com/news/2007/03/26/2443616.htm 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herring_RN said:

Candace Owens said, "The biggest scandal--this is my last sentence--in American politics is that Democrats have been conning minorities into the belief that we are perpetual victims all but ensuring our failure. Racial division and class warfare are central to the Democrat party platform. They need Blacks to hate whites, the rich to hate the poor."

That is not my experience. I am the same age as her grandfather. Our family members are Black, White, Native American, Chilean American, Japanese American, and those who are Christian (Catholic and Protestant, Muslim, Jewish, and one Buddhist. Here is our granddaughter at her college graduation with proud Grandpa and with her two best friends. GrandpawithCourtneycollegegraduate.jpg      FriendsCourtney.jpg

In 2007 Candace Owens was a high school student who received insulting voice mail messages calling her "n*****". One was a death threat. The NAACP helper her sue and she settled out of court for $37,000.00. She was the victim of a crime. 

http://sip-trunking.tmcnet.com/news/2007/03/26/2443616.htm 

 

 

I have posted several times about Ms Owens being a fraud, herring, because she admonishes others for being "victims," while she herself has played the role very well.

Furthermore, she doesn't seem well versed in the Republican game of identity politics, and how White conservatives, now see themselves as victims

In terms of race, this country has a very poor history.

It wasn't all that long ago that Blacks had no right to their own children.

Their children could be sold, at any time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Spidey's mom said:

I guess it is polically incorrect to say who speaks in the 12 minute video but there are a myriad of different people.  

I saw this a few months ago and remembered it tonight.

"It was harder to come out as conservative . . . "

 

And why is the fellow with the microphone holding a wooden spoon?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 1:45 PM, nursej22 said:

What exactly is Trump doing to make lives better for people of color? It is not very clear in the video. Yes the unemployment rate is low, but it is low for all Americans, more in some areas that other. But people are still being attacked by police, black churches are being burned, and he wants to take away insurance coverage without a plan to replace it. And he continues to make threats towards Muslims. 

His continued attacks against Rep. Ilhan Omar are disgusting and racist.

But those attacks fit his pattern of behavior towards Muslims.

I have no idea why anyone would try and support the illusion of inclusion in the GOP, with Trump as its sitting head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×