Jump to content
luv2 luv2 (Member)

Questioning Elizabeth Warren

Politics   (34,645 Views 156 Comments)
7,724 Visitors; 423 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 6 of Questioning Elizabeth Warren. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Senator Elizabeth Warran has not really made any policy to help minorities communities. I am not going to write what she should have done in the past or what should be doing she is running for president. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, luv2 said:

Senator Elizabeth Warran has not really made any policy to help minorities communities. I am not going to write what she should have done in the past or what should be doing she is running for president. 

Got it. You have no interest in actual facts or in having an honest discussion about Senator Warren, similar to your thread on Senator Harris. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nursej22 said:

Got it. You have no interest in actual facts or in having an honest discussion about Senator Warren, similar to your thread on Senator Harris. 

 

I could not agree more.  There's nothing but accusations and a whole bunch of Youtube videos.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nursej22 said:

Got it. You have no interest in actual facts or in having an honest discussion about Senator Warren, similar to your thread on Senator Harris. 

 

If you have policy facts on how Senator Elizabeth Warren has help minority please contribute give me facts. I am open and willing to learn facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nursej22 said:

Got it. You have no interest in actual facts or in having an honest discussion about Senator Warren, similar to your thread on Senator Harris. 

 

Everything I post about Senator Kamela Harris is facts she did throughout her political career. Presidential candidates are supposed to be scrutinized. Just because I write a post about the presidential candidates does not mean I will not support the nominee at the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, luv2 said:

Everything I post about Senator Kamela Harris is facts she did throughout her political career. Presidential candidates are supposed to be scrutinized. Just because I write a post about the presidential candidates does not mean I will not support the nominee at the end of the day.

With all due respect, you don't just write a post.  You bombard us with numerous videos over and over, yet you never state what is important to you or what you are looking for in a candidate.  That's your prerogative, but it is difficult to filter though the negativity.  Frankly, I don't watch any of those videos.  They seem like a bit of a smear campaign to me.

No candidate is perfect.  Most are far from perfect.  Right now Democrats and those who dislike what our country has become under Trump need to focus on one thing-nominating a candidate who can win the 2020 election and removing him from office.  Perhaps in 2024 we can get back to ideals and dissecting all the candidates, but to me, that is secondary right now.  I'm not interested in the minutiae and nit picking of every Democratic candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BCgradnurse said:

https://time.com/5607034/warren-plan-small-business-equity/

 

This is a plan she has discussed that would help minorities.  It took me less than 5 seconds to find it via Google.  

That is the exact problem.  She has made no real attempt to help minorities until she is running for President. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BCgradnurse said:

With all due respect, you don't just write a post.  You bombard us with numerous videos over and over, yet you never state what is important to you or what you are looking for in a candidate.  That's your prerogative, but it is difficult to filter though the negativity.  Frankly, I don't watch any of those videos.  They seem like a bit of a smear campaign to me.

No candidate is perfect.  Most are far from perfect.  Right now Democrats and those who dislike what our country has become under Trump need to focus on one thing-nominating a candidate who can win the 2020 election and removing him from office.  Perhaps in 2024 we can get back to ideals and dissecting all the candidates, but to me, that is secondary right now.  I'm not interested in the minutiae and nit picking of every Democratic candidate.

There are systemic issues minorities and immigrants face every daily. She has never addressed the problems prior to running for president she is out of touch.   I apologize to anyone I offend with my presentation on the candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luv2 said:

That is the exact problem.  She has made no real attempt to help minorities until she is running for President. 

Are you prepared to defend that rather broad allegation? Hopefully you can appreciate that your comment is hyperbolic and nothing more than opinion.  

I feel like these threads are an attempt to discredit democratic candidates.  So far your analysis has included no positive assessments of candidates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Warren’s act includes a provision to use federal funds to help bridge the wealth gap between black and white families.

The American Housing and Economic Mobility Act, which Warren introduced in the Senate this fall, features detailed strategies for attacking the housing crisis from a number of angles. There are policy prescriptions for building more housing in markets where demand has lapped supply. There are also answers for homeowners who are still underwater on their mortgages in the wake of the financial crisis...

...   Warren’s bill drives at two distinct housing crises: one marked by not enough homes, the other by homes with too little value. Those two features alone would signify a sweeping effort to speak to worries in rural and urban America alike. The bill goes further, however: Warren’s act includes a provision to use federal funds to help bridge the wealth gap between black and white families...
 https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/01/elizabeth-warren-housing-plan-redlining-racial-justice-reparations/579268/       

Quote

...   According to a study conducted by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, "considerable racial disparities in pregnancy-related mortality exist." In the most recent data retrieved by the CDC, during 2011-2014, the pregnancy-related mortality ratios were 12.4 deaths per 100,000 live births for white women compared to the 40 deaths per 100,000 live births for black women...

...   "The data shows that Black women are three to four times more likely than white women to die from pregnancy or childbirth-related causes," Warren wrote in her column. "This trend persists even after adjusting for income and education...

...   If health systems are able to reduce the disparities found in maternal death rates for women of color and increase survival rates they will "earn a bonus," Warren told a gathering of women of color at the She the People forum in Houston. If not, "money will be taken away from them."

"I want to talk to the hospitals …I want to talk to them in a language they understand: money," Warren said. "I want to see the hospitals see it as their responsibility to address this problem head-on and make it a first priority. The best way to do that is to use money to make it happen."...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-moms-dying-higher-rates-kamala-harris-elizabeth/story?id=62791177

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Are you prepared to defend that rather broad allegation? Hopefully you can appreciate that your comment is hyperbolic and nothing more than opinion.  

I feel like these threads are an attempt to discredit democratic candidates.  So far your analysis has included no positive assessments of candidates. 

This is not an opinion nor is an attempt to discredit any of the democratic candidates.  This is what people in this country are discussing. This is why the democratic party is so left and people are sitting out on elections. The party panders to only a few people. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/dahleen-glanton/ct-dahleen-glanton-elizabeth-warren-black-women-essence-20190708-nsrdkvqhdfbrrjhesxmfvbid6u-story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×