Jump to content
Tweety Tweety (Member) Expert Nurse

Presidential Election 2020

Politics   (1,320,472 Views 1,112 Comments)
6 Followers; 51,862 Visitors; 28,609 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 92 of Presidential Election 2020. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

So, Donnie Jr. is trash talking Hunter Biden, just ahead of the Iowa Caucuses.

Is the entire Trump family that stupid, that they think they can convince the majority of Americans who have stated they will NEVER vote for Trump, to support Trump by spreading obvious LIES about Democratic candidates?

Yeah.

I guess the entire Trump family is that stupid.

Any Democrat, over Trump, any day, is what I say!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete Buttigieg is my pick.

I don't think Biden is a viable option.

I don't think Sanders or Warren can beat Trump.

Buttigieg is it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought I would agree with a former right-wing talk show host, but Republican Joe Walsh, who is competing for GOP presidential nomination is spot on with his perspective piece in today's WaPo.

He says he has learned the GOP is a cult.

Some of the examples he uses from the Iowa campaign trail, such as Trumpsters denying Trump has lied to them, I had read about in NY Times.

But the stuff he wrote about Caucusing was new to me.

The level of willful ignorance it takes to remain in the Cult is stunning.

I encourage all to check it out.

Walsh seems genuinely surprised by what he had discovered.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a particularly political post...It's just that every time I see this thread title, I think of a country song that says, "You know that hindsight's 2020 ..." 

I hope that the 2020 election doesn't just leave us with a mountain of rueful hindsight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Progressives don't like Bloomberg because he's rich (last count worth over 60 billion) and he thinks he can spend his way into the Presidency.  His billions have been able to parlay him into the center stage with the rest of the candidates.  

Still, he's making a lot of noise.  While I appreciate that politics is mud slinging I don't like that he's stooped to grade school bully tactics like calling him a fat man with a sprayed on tan.  That's not necessary.  There's plenty to attack without fat shaming and being catty.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-is-suddenly-scared-of-mike-bloomberg-he-has-two-billion-reasons-why-223005859.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tweety said:

Progressives don't like Bloomberg because he's rich (last count worth over 60 billion) and he thinks he can spend his way into the Presidency.  His billions have been able to parlay him into the center stage with the rest of the candidates.  

Still, he's making a lot of noise.  While I appreciate that politics is mud slinging I don't like that he's stooped to grade school bully tactics like calling him a fat man with a sprayed on tan.  That's not necessary.  There's plenty to attack without fat shaming and being catty.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-is-suddenly-scared-of-mike-bloomberg-he-has-two-billion-reasons-why-223005859.html

What's wrong with treating Trump the way he treats everybody else?

The reason Democrats are playing catch-up to Trump in many respects, is because they haven't adopted his low tactics.

And Trumpsters always say they like Trump because he says what is on his mind.

I say, treat the scumbag the way he treats others.

He will not change.

The Cult will not change.

The horse is out of the barn, and running down a four-lane highway.

Trump has normalized such negative behavior, anybody who doesn't punch back looks old-fashioned and quaint.

Personally, I prefer the old-fashioned and quaint ways.

But it is too late for niceties, as our country is torn to shreds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Tweety, I think you would enjoy NPR interview with former NH Republican Congressman Charlie Bass, on today's All Things Considered.

He's talking about the lack of Republican members of Congress from New England.

There is one; Susan Collins.

I remember growing up in RI, with strong Republican leaders like John Chaffee.

But Chaffee was not part of a Cult.

And Bass talks about disagreeing with George W. Bush.

I vaguely recall Bass from my time in NH, but I don't recall him being a Cult member either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

What's wrong with treating Trump the way he treats everybody else?

The reason Democrats are playing catch-up to Trump in many respects, is because they haven't adopted his low tactics.

And Trumpsters always say they like Trump because he says what is on his mind.

I say, treat the scumbag the way he treats others.

 

We've had thus conversation before and disagree.  No need to ask me yet again.  Fat shaming and bullying will not be my new normal no matter how Trump acts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tweety said:

We've had thus conversation before and disagree.  No need to ask me yet again.  Fat shaming and bullying will not be my new normal no matter how Trump acts. 

And you know, that is the wonderful thing about Progressives, Tweety, and how we differ from the Cult.

You and I can disagree on this issue.

With the Cult, you either agree and tow the line, or you are given a crass nickname, or called a pussycat.

So yeah, we differ on the topic, but it is okay!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.