Jump to content
luv2 luv2 (Member)

President Trump National Scandal

Politics   (241,730 Views 1,471 Comments)
9,254 Visitors; 734 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 115 of President Trump National Scandal. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Did President Trump-Pence administration drop the ball?

  1. 1. Did President Trump-Pence administration drop the ball?

    • Yes
      18
    • No
      2

20 members have participated

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 03/02/2022 at 05:42 PM
Quote

"Now we're almost getting the worst of both worlds — we're getting the economic hardship and we're relaxing," Murray said. "And it seems either now or in the fall, we're going to have a big second wave, and we'll be right back to dealing with pressure on the hospital system and dealing with, when is the peak surge coming?"

Columbia University's Shaman said the U.S. has to keep suppressing the spread of COVID-19 while having an acceptable level of a functioning economy.

"That's the hard problem we're trying to address as we try to figure that out and we loosen restrictions," Shaman said. "If we have these flare-ups, we have to be willing to immediately recognize them and tamp back down and not wait and not dither. And that goes both for communities that have experienced the virus already and those that have not experienced it as much."

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/27/860508864/we-all-feel-at-risk-100-000-people-dead-from-covid-19-in-the-u-s

The sad reality and milestone of 100,000 deaths. Disproportionately  male, minority and older.  

There is no good news.

Quote

More than three weeks later, the state — according to data publicly released by the Department of Health — has not reported a surge in cases or deaths from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

Meanwhile in Florida cases and deaths continue.  My fear is that people become complacent and block out the truth that it hasn't gone away with the reopening.  I wonder too how many people are asymptomatic and not tested.

 The seven nurses that tested positive where I work attended a party together, of course no masks because they were eating.  All but two are not symptomatic and one is/was hospitalized.  My unit took care of a young asymptomatic woman for three days that was screened prior to going to surgery and she was positive.  No one on my unit is symptomatic...yet.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/27/860508864/we-all-feel-at-risk-100-000-people-dead-from-covid-19-in-the-u-s

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/27/860508864/we-all-feel-at-risk-100-000-people-dead-from-covid-19-in-the-u-s

The sad reality and milestone of 100,000 deaths. Disproportionately  male, minority and older.  

There is no good news.

Meanwhile in Florida cases and deaths continue.  My fear is that people become complacent and block out the truth that it hasn't gone away with the reopening.  I wonder too how many people are asymptomatic and not tested.

 The seven nurses that tested positive where I work attended a party together, of course no masks because they were eating.  All but two are not symptomatic and one is/was hospitalized.  My unit took care of a young asymptomatic woman for three days that was screened prior to going to surgery and she was positive.  No one on my unit is symptomatic...yet.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/27/860508864/we-all-feel-at-risk-100-000-people-dead-from-covid-19-in-the-u-s

The NURSES attended a party together, unmasked, because they were eating?!!!

Not the sharpest tools in tool box, huh, Tweety.

Good grief.

Some people just refuse to understand that a virulent killer virus is just looking for host.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In your anecdotal experience it sounds like COVID has approximately a 70% rate of mild to no symptoms...let's hope the death stat doesn't get tested in that small group...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

The NURSES attended a party together, unmasked, because they were eating?!!!

Not the sharpest tools in tool box, huh, Tweety.

Good grief.

Some people just refuse to understand that a virulent killer virus is just looking for host.

 

I think it was an on premises crew party.  I think that because we don't social distance with our patients, they don't consider social distancing with each other.    I saw this the other day when on a coworker's last day, a nurse took off her mask and gave her a hug and did a selfie, all the while I'm cringing. 

We forget that "asymptomatic" does not mean Covid free.  Perhaps now we do, learning the hard way with that patient on my unit, and those nurses in the crew party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 12:23 PM, Lucylu71 said:

Another day, another liberal act of corruption and hypocrisy ignored by the MSM.

"Hidden in Cuomo’s budget, released separately from the nursing home orders, though, is a provision seemingly exempting nursing home executives from liability in cases where elderly individuals and facility patients fell ill with COVID-19. The provision, according to Fox News, says that officials “shall have immunity from any liability, civil or criminal, for any harm or damages alleged to have been sustained as a result of an act or omission in the course of arranging for or providing healthcare services.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-andrew-cuomo-granted-nursing-homes-legal-protection-after-recieving-campaign-donation?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

So Cuomo was given money by nursing home executives and then gave them unusual immunity from liability?  I give the DailyWire credit for their artful twisting of the facts, but what the DailyWire describes effectively as a bribe were campaign contributions from 2 years ago, healthcare associations are common contributors to democratic campaigns.  

Protections for healthcare facilities that are abiding by crisis standards during COVID-19 have been implemented in a number of states, not just New York.  And it doesn't actually protect these facilities or their executives from all liability, they are still being cited and fined for failing to follow crisis standards.

I'm not in New York, but our practices have been the same; in order to make critical bed space available in hospitals we've been moving patients who no longer require hospital-level acute care to facilities that can provide the level of care they need; SNFs and other nursing homes.  This has been through legal requirements to do so.  

I'm still not clear what people are proposing is the alternative.  The only apparent alternative is that we would keep patients in the hospital who no longer require hospital level care, and then be unable to care for patients that do require hospital level care? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tweety said:

I think it was an on premises crew party.  I think that because we don't social distance with our patients, they don't consider social distancing with each other.    I saw this the other day when on a coworker's last day, a nurse took off her mask and gave her a hug and did a selfie, all the while I'm cringing. 

We forget that "asymptomatic" does not mean Covid free.  Perhaps now we do, learning the hard way with that patient on my unit, and those nurses in the crew party.

Nurses I work with do the same thing.

I cringe too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MunoRN said:

So Cuomo was given money by nursing home executives and then gave them unusual immunity from liability?  I give the DailyWire credit for their artful twisting of the facts, but what the DailyWire describes effectively as a bribe were campaign contributions from 2 years ago, healthcare associations are common contributors to democratic campaigns.  

Protections for healthcare facilities that are abiding by crisis standards during COVID-19 have been implemented in a number of states, not just New York.  And it doesn't actually protect these facilities or their executives from all liability, they are still being cited and fined for failing to follow crisis standards.

I'm not in New York, but our practices have been the same; in order to make critical bed space available in hospitals we've been moving patients who no longer require hospital-level acute care to facilities that can provide the level of care they need; SNFs and other nursing homes.  This has been through legal requirements to do so.  

I'm still not clear what people are proposing is the alternative.  The only apparent alternative is that we would keep patients in the hospital who no longer require hospital level care, and then be unable to care for patients that do require hospital level care? 

Here in Florida nursing homes are only taking negative patients.  They are keeping asymptomatic patients that don't need hospitalization though.  I can understand that, but the hospitals are not getting paid to hold onto patients that don't need hospitalization.  The solution my facility is coming up with is "swing beds"...a transitional unit between hospitals and a nursing home.  Kind of like a skilled nursing unit.  Supposedly we will then get paid.  I hate for things be about money but it's the reality.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's NY Times edition of The Daily, is doing small tributes to those felled by Covid-19.

These snap shots, remind us that behind each number, is a person with a life; some very interesting, some funny, some sweet.

I encourage all to listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

Here in Florida nursing homes are only taking negative patients.  They are keeping asymptomatic patients that don't need hospitalization though.  I can understand that, but the hospitals are not getting paid to hold onto patients that don't need hospitalization.  The solution my facility is coming up with is "swing beds"...a transitional unit between hospitals and a nursing home.  Kind of like a skilled nursing unit.  Supposedly we will then get paid.  I hate for things be about money but it's the reality.   

Our country prefers health care to be delivered with money and profit at the core of the health system.  The health system is really going to struggle with the huge increase in the number of uninsured...irrespective of covid, uninsured people generally access health care through UC or ED, only when necessary, and they don't have money to pay the retail cost of American health care. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MunoRN said:

I'm still not clear what people are proposing is the alternative.  The only apparent alternative is that we would keep patients in the hospital who no longer require hospital level care, and then be unable to care for patients that do require hospital level care? 

New York, and many other places had extra beds set up in parks, convention centers, hospital ships in LA and NYC.  All of which were very little used or not used at all. 

Save the "those weren't meant for covid patients" excuse.  Maybe they weren't at first, but things change.  Or, if you have too send non covid patients out to those beds and keep covid in the hospital, do that.  

Sending covid patients into nursing homes led to deaths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

Nurses I work with do the same thing.

I cringe too.

Went to a outside gathering at a park today with a half a dozen coworkers.   We've all been working in close quarters for two plus months now.  Much like living in a household together.  Sat a few feet apart from each other.  

Not totally risk free,  but relatively low.

I've also visited my parents the past few months while sitting in their front yard and they on the porch.

Some gatherings need more mitigation then others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lucylu71 said:

Went to a outside gathering at a park today with a half a dozen coworkers.   We've all been working in close quarters for two plus months now.  Much like living in a household together.  Sat a few feet apart from each other.  

Not totally risk free,  but relatively low.

I've also visited my parents the past few months while sitting in their front yard and they on the porch.

Some gatherings need more mitigation then others.

As you know, I've been out and about too....the gym, barber, restaurants, visiting best friend, sister and hanging out at the beach.  There's common sense ways to get on with life in the new normal as you describe about.  That's a bit different than hanging out in a closed rooms eating restaurant style and ditching social distancing for hugging and taking selfies.  Nothing is risk free as they have found out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.