Jump to content
luv2 luv2 (Member)

President Trump National Scandal

Politics   (241,725 Views 1,471 Comments)
9,254 Visitors; 734 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 109 of President Trump National Scandal. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Did President Trump-Pence administration drop the ball?

  1. 1. Did President Trump-Pence administration drop the ball?

    • Yes
      18
    • No
      2

20 members have participated

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 03/02/2022 at 05:42 PM
Quote

"Why is this happening today? And I'll tell you why: all of this has been promulgated by the Democrats to undo all the good President Trump has done for our country — and they are worried," Brehm says in video shot at the rally. "So, take off your masks, exercise your constitutional rights. Stand up, speak up and vote Republican." 

Republican Party of Bexar County, Texas Chairwoman Cynthia Brehm at a small gathering in San Antonia, Texas.

Meanwhile Texas added 1,000 Covid cases yesterday, and is past 50,000 cases and leads the nation in virus spread.  

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Study-estimates-24-states-still-have-uncontrolled-15290118.php

Also meanwhile, people harassing a reporter for wearing a mask chanting up close "take it off, take it off, take it off".  

I had a physical reaction of dread and sadness watching this because we have such ignorant people out there defying logic, facts and common sense.   

https://www.fox9.com/news/reporter-yelled-at-for-wearing-mask-while-covering-rally-outside-minnesota-bar

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tweety said:

Republican Party of Bexar County, Texas Chairwoman Cynthia Brehm at a small gathering in San Antonia, Texas.

Meanwhile Texas added 1,000 Covid cases yesterday, and is past 50,000 cases and leads the nation in virus spread.  

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Study-estimates-24-states-still-have-uncontrolled-15290118.php

Also meanwhile, people harassing a reporter for wearing a mask chanting up close "take it off, take it off, take it off".  

I had a physical reaction of dread and sadness watching this because we have such ignorant people out there defying logic, facts and common sense.   

https://www.fox9.com/news/reporter-yelled-at-for-wearing-mask-while-covering-rally-outside-minnesota-bar

The underbelly of American society, Tweety.

Just like their leader, there is no apparent limit to their deplorable behavior.

Just like their leader, they bring shame upon this land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

The underbelly of American society, Tweety.

Just like their leader, there is no apparent limit to their deplorable behavior.

Just like their leader, they bring shame upon this land.

They are shameful, and a shameful reflection of a shameful leader.  

A real leader would speak up against these kinds of things in support and protection of the greater community.  Instead it's an "us against them" attitude he fosters.  He retweeted a doctored up picture of Pelosi instead of a face mask is wearing duct tape.  Very mature and classy from a President.

I did hear on BBC's podcast today a bit of news that made me feel better.  The reporter stated than in a rare instance of Americans in agreement about something, 75% of people support social distancing and mask wearing. 

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Tweety said:

They are shameful, and a shameful reflection of a shameful leader.  

A real leader would speak up against these kinds of things in support and protection of the greater community.  Instead it's an "us against them" attitude he fosters.  He retweeted a doctored up picture of Pelosi instead of a face mask is wearing duct tape.  Very mature and classy from a President.

I did hear on BBC's podcast today a bit of news that made me feel better.  The reporter stated than in a rare instance of Americans in agreement about something, 75% of people support social distancing and mask wearing. 

That widespread support of the mitigation is evidence that Trump is losing sway with large segments of the American people...at least when it comes to matters of pandemic safety.  75% of the public understand that Trump's covid 19 language is counterproductive and irresponsible. 

Edited by toomuchbaloney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tweety said:

Republican Party of Bexar County, Texas Chairwoman Cynthia Brehm at a small gathering in San Antonia, Texas.

Meanwhile Texas added 1,000 Covid cases yesterday, and is past 50,000 cases and leads the nation in virus spread.  

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Study-estimates-24-states-still-have-uncontrolled-15290118.php

Also meanwhile, people harassing a reporter for wearing a mask chanting up close "take it off, take it off, take it off".  

I had a physical reaction of dread and sadness watching this because we have such ignorant people out there defying logic, facts and common sense.   

https://www.fox9.com/news/reporter-yelled-at-for-wearing-mask-while-covering-rally-outside-minnesota-bar

This is so very sad. 

Quote

Study: Texas leads the country at coronavirus spread

...   In Texas, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said he consults with doctors and experts from area hospitals, "and what they tell us is that we're reopening too fast, and we're reopening in the wrong order."                                                     Local jurisdictions in Texas do not have the authority to issue more stringent restrictions than the state, which began aggressively reopening this month. So Dallas has focused on messaging. The county has a daily "covid-19 risk level" that is currently red, for "stay home, stay safe." Officials are working on seals that businesses can display to indicate they are meeting local public health guidelines, not just state mandates...       https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Study-estimates-24-states-still-have-uncontrolled-15290118.php

About ten years ago I attended a CE class within walking distance of the Alamo. Local nurses went with me to see a tree outside the San Antonio Courthouse. During the Great Depression my grandparents and their children, including my mother, traveled to places where it was difficult to grow trees because my grandfather could save threatened trees. That was the last time I got to see the oak tree my grandfather saved. It has the cement where he signed his initials. Below is a photo of the courthouse.       San%20Antonio%20Courthouse-_vfiles16273_

https://www.sanantonio.gov/DSD/Constructing/Tree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

That widespread support of the mitigation is evidence that Trump is losing sway with large segments of the American people...at least when it comes to matters of posttraumatic safety.  75% of the public understand that Trump's covid 19 language is counterproductive and irresponsible. 

Too bad, because like I said before,  this could have been his finest hour, a final chance to prove himself worthy of the office.  He could have fostered a spirit of patriotism, that social distancing and mask wearing is a patriotic act.  Like Obama and Christie after the hurricane he could have shown a spirit of cooperation with Democrat governors in hard hit states like Washington, New York and Michigan and instead he called them complainers as thousands of people there were dying.   No empathy for the dead and dying, no sense of compassion or urgency, and no fostering of an attitude that we're in this together. 

At the end of the day, the governors stepped up, the people stepped up and things are getting better but no thanks to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tweety said:

Too bad, because like I said before,  this could have been his finest hour, a final chance to prove himself worthy of the office.  He could have fostered a spirit of patriotism, that social distancing and mask wearing is a patriotic act.  Like Obama and Christie after the hurricane he could have shown a spirit of cooperation with Democrat governors in hard hit states like Washington, New York and Michigan and instead he called them complainers as thousands of people there were dying.   No empathy for the dead and dying, no sense of compassion or urgency, and no fostering of an attitude that we're in this together. 

At the end of the day, the governors stepped up, the people stepped up and things are getting better but no thanks to him.

In my view, Trump's inability to step up, to be a patriotic role model, to push aside petty politics or show compassion for death and suffering during a pandemic should result in massive protests against his dangerous, divisive and idiotic leadership...not against common sense mitigation to save lives. It should result in patriots speaking for real leadership rather than circling partisan wagons around lies, propaganda and failed policy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

That widespread support of the mitigation is evidence that Trump is losing sway with large segments of the American people...at least when it comes to matters of pandemic safety.  75% of the public understand that Trump's covid 19 language is counterproductive and irresponsible. 

I disagree with your assertion that there is widespread support for mitigation efforts.  I wish it were true, but there is only support when people don't have a choice.

Nel has posted at length of Kentuckians crossing the border into Tennessee.  I recently read an article discussing the lack of compliance in Bristol Tennessee/Virginia.  And while it hasn't been reported via any network yet, anecdotal reports are that the beaches in North Carolina, two days into phase two, are packed with no evidence of social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chare said:

I disagree with your assertion that there is widespread support for mitigation efforts.  I wish it were true, but there is only support when people don't have a choice.

Nel has posted at length of Kentuckians crossing the border into Tennessee.  I recently read an article discussing the lack of compliance in Bristol Tennessee/Virginia.  And while it hasn't been reported via any network yet, anecdotal reports are that the beaches in North Carolina, two days into phase two, are packed with no evidence of social distancing.

Yep, I'm wondering how all of this is going to play out.

I would venture to say that even with obvious lack of social distancing around the country, there still is widespread support for the mitigation efforts.  I'm not sure where BBC got the 75% statistic but I do trust BBC as mostly a reliable source.  But 25% is a big number and they can have a big effort on the our trying to contain the virus.

Here in Florida, as you might know from my posts, I've been out and about.  Our beaches are crowded, but as you say people are forced to comply and they closed down early this morning with no more visitors allowed in after certain percentage of the parking spaces were filled and sheriffs are out in large numbers.  Anecdotal from a couple of friends at the beach today is that social distancing is intact despite the crowds.  They do say it's an invariably younger crowd of families and some groups of obvious friends, but the units of people stay apart and they felt safe. 

People here are bemoaning the crowds downtown here as well in the restaurant and bar district.  I've been there myself and see the same type of crowds with groups of people that know each other but that are staying apart from one another, and again a primarily younger crowd.  The restaurants are only allowed at 50% capacity.  Most people eating outside.

Same at the gym and grocery store.  People staying apart from strangers.  The gym owner is saying a whole lot of people haven't come back and dropped their membership. 

 I've yet to be in a situation I'm not comfortable with.  But also have noted that a lot of people are still not venturing out.  This is good because usually we are a crowded and congested city.    

Maybe we opened up too early, but it's too late to turn back now.  Young people definitely want out.  Older people, not so much.   I also fear that as time goes on we'll let our guards down and get hit.  

We've been lucky here.  Florida reported only two deaths yesterday but we reached over 50,000 cases.  My zip codes had only two more cases since the last time I checked.  I'm still remaining hopeful but time will tell.  

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chare said:

I disagree with your assertion that there is widespread support for mitigation efforts.  I wish it were true, but there is only support when people don't have a choice.

Nel has posted at length of Kentuckians crossing the border into Tennessee.  I recently read an article discussing the lack of compliance in Bristol Tennessee/Virginia.  And while it hasn't been reported via any network yet, anecdotal reports are that the beaches in North Carolina, two days into phase two, are packed with no evidence of social distancing.

I have also read of people from IL, traveling to neighbors states, such as IN, to skirt IL shutdown orders.

But on paper, at least, in poll after poll, Americans overwhelmingly support shutdowns and the wearing of masks, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lil Nel said:

I have also read of people from IL, traveling to neighbors states, such as IN, to skirt IL shutdown orders.

But on paper, at least, in poll after poll, Americans overwhelmingly support shutdowns and the wearing of masks, etc.

Like I said before, I think there is widespread support.  But 25% of people not supporting it and violating social distancing rules is a whole lot of people and can all kinds of havoc.  Also, whose to say those that travel to another state don't engage in social distancing?  

I'm trying my best to stay positive and you know I'm Nancy Negative when it comes to faith in people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

Too bad, because like I said before,  this could have been his finest hour, a final chance to prove himself worthy of the office.  He could have fostered a spirit of patriotism, that social distancing and mask wearing is a patriotic act.  Like Obama and Christie after the hurricane he could have shown a spirit of cooperation with Democrat governors in hard hit states like Washington, New York and Michigan and instead he called them complainers as thousands of people there were dying.   No empathy for the dead and dying, no sense of compassion or urgency, and no fostering of an attitude that we're in this together. 

At the end of the day, the governors stepped up, the people stepped up and things are getting better but no thanks to him.

Yep.

As we close in on 100,000 deaths, Trump is playing golf.

Life HAS returned to normal for him!

But, his actions and inaction, has been as I expected.

Trump has shown Americans time and time again, that aside from gutting this country from the inside out, his tank is empty.

Thankfully, we are five months from Election Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.