Jump to content

Media behaving badly

Politics   (82,529 Views 875 Comments)
18,440 Visitors; 2,281 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 73 of Media behaving badly. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

4 hours ago, Tweety said:

Moondoggie's topic was specific and Grumpy totally ignored that.  That's my issue. 

Of course, I understand "the broader topic" is the media, but Grumpy perhaps should not have quoted Moondoggie and just made a broad statement.

I'm well known to have this attitude, and I'm trying to be fair because I recently jumped down Moondoggie for doing this and you of course didn't defend him.

I don't read his comments so I have no context. Besides, one of the reasons that I blocked him was because his use of deflection and whataboutism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team Russia

Does the GOP or their cult comprehend what the role of the press is in a democracy? Perhaps Fox isn't interested in democracy and is more interested in propaganda.  Certainly many of their faithful viewers aren't interested in democracy as much as they are interested in preserving Trump's power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Team Russia

Does the GOP or their cult comprehend what the role of the press is in a democracy? Perhaps Fox isn't interested in democracy and is more interested in propaganda.  Certainly many of their faithful viewers aren't interested in democracy as much as they are interested in preserving Trump's power. 

Did you listen to the Political Science professor, from Duke, who S self-indentifie s as Republican, on NPR this morning?

He discussed how dangerous Trump is to our democracy.

He was pretty interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lil Nel said:

Did you listen to the Political Science professor, from Duke, who S self-indentifie s as Republican, on NPR this morning?

He discussed how dangerous Trump is to our democracy.

He was pretty interesting.

I didn't and will have to find and download it while the toddler is napping. It is alarming the number of Americans who are unable to discern the danger Trump represents to our republic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

I didn't and will have to find and download it while the toddler is napping. It is alarming the number of Americans who are unable to discern the danger Trump represents to our republic. 

Found it

 

NPR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Found it

 

NPR

I thought it was an interesting interview.

I was especially drawn to his comments about Trump being basically incapable of learning via experience, unlike previous POTUS.

Very dangerous, indeed.

Hope you enjoyed it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

I thought it was an interesting interview.

I was especially drawn to his comments about Trump being basically incapable of learning via experience, unlike previous POTUS.

Very dangerous, indeed.

Hope you enjoyed it!

 

I almost always enjoy PBS programming.  Thanks for highlighting it for me. On an aside, my toddler grandson is obsessed with Molly from Denali, the new PBS kids program based upon Alaska kids and experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

I almost always enjoy PBS programming.  Thanks for highlighting it for me. On an aside, my toddler grandson is obsessed with Molly from Denali, the new PBS kids program based upon Alaska kids and experiences.

You are welcome!

You know how much I love NPR, and I spend a good deal of time listening to various programs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does Tucker Carlson still have a platform at Fox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox News is reporting and discrediting the New York Times.

This is really an opinion piece, but to me reading all the anti-Obama, anti-Clinton (even today nearly 3 years after the race they have a story on Clinton on their front page online as of this writing) and pro-Trump stuff on Fox News, calling NYT part of the "anti-Trump mob" leaves a sour spot in my stomach.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/michael-goodwin-the-new-york-times-long-descent-from-credibility

The media is getting funny these days.  I read a tweet from someone I can't remember now, but that does matter, about a report allowing Lisa Page to state her side.  The report was pretty matter of fact and but was discredited by this person "this is why we can't trust the media because they are portraying her as a victim and are sympathetic to her".  

It's almost like if we don't like what we are reading, it's biased and untrustworthy. 

 

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tweety said:

Fox News is reporting and discrediting the New York Times.

This is really an opinion piece, but to me reading all the anti-Obama, anti-Clinton (even today nearly 3 years after the race they have a story on Clinton on their front page online as of this writing) and pro-Trump stuff on Fox News, calling NYT part of the "anti-Trump mob" leaves a sour spot in my stomach.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/michael-goodwin-the-new-york-times-long-descent-from-credibility

The media is getting funny these days.  I read a tweet from someone I can't remember now, but that does matter, about a report allowing Lisa Page to state her side.  The report was pretty matter of fact and but was discredited by this person "this is why we can't trust the media because they are portraying her as a victim and are sympathetic to her".  

It's almost like if we don't like what we are reading, it's biased and untrustworthy. 

 

Interesting.

Fox portrays Trump as a victim constantly.

He portrays himself as a victim.

The GOP plays that he is a victim.

Hmm.

Lisa Page IS a victim.

Trump mocks her at cult gatherings.

She is a private citizen, not a public figure like Trump.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×