Jump to content

Media behaving badly

Politics   (14,787 Views 780 Comments)
18,299 Visitors; 2,281 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 40 of Media behaving badly. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

2 hours ago, Tweety said:

Here's the interview.   I think what we have to remember is that Hannity is a good friend and isn't really a journalist.  A serious journalist would say this is a misstep perhaps.  

 

It is true that Hannity, and a good number of Fox hosts are not journalists. They are, however, misbehaving media professionals with a wide following among Trump supporters who are reportedly concerned about FAKE NEWS and bad actors in media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toomuchbaloney said:

It is true that Hannity, and a good number of Fox hosts are not journalists. They are, however, misbehaving media professionals with a wide following among Trump supporters who are reportedly concerned about FAKE NEWS and bad actors in media. 

I’m not sure what the problem is with this interview.  It’s right there for everyone to see and judge.  Was it edited in some way?  Did they take out excerpts that made him look bad?

How are the Fox hosts followed by Trump supporters any worse then the anti-Trump hosts followed by the anti-Trump crowd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tweety said:

Here's the interview.   I think what we have to remember is that Hannity is a good friend and isn't really a journalist.  A serious journalist would say this is a misstep perhaps.  

 

Actually, this is only 60 seconds of the interview.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

I’m not sure what the problem is with this interview.  It’s right there for everyone to see and judge.  Was it edited in some way?  Did they take out excerpts that made him look bad?

How are the Fox hosts followed by Trump supporters any worse then the anti-Trump hosts followed by the anti-Trump crowd?

For a guy really concerned about media misbehaving you seem pretty tolerant of bad media and fake journalism, as long as you like the content or talking heads.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tweety said:

Here's the interview.   I think what we have to remember is that Hannity is a good friend and isn't really a journalist.  A serious journalist would say this is a misstep perhaps.  

 

Quote

WASHINGTON — Updated July 25, 2018: The audio recording of Mr. Cohen and Mr. Trump discussing hush money for a former Playboy model has been released...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-trump-tape.html 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

For a guy really concerned about media misbehaving you seem pretty tolerant of bad media and fake journalism, as long as you like the content or talking heads.  

But of course.

You just summed up Trumpsters, in one small paragraph, baloney.

They are okay with all kinds of bad behavior, so long as they are personally "winning" from that behavior.

It is a morally bankrupt outlook, and one that was on full display this week, in the halls of Congress.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SC_RNDude said:

Actually, this is only 60 seconds of the interview.  

But it's the part that we are talking about, but you can ignore it and blow it off if with a deflection like "How are the Fox hosts followed by Trump supporters any worse then the anti-Trump hosts followed by the anti-Trump crowd?" if you want.

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SC_RNDude said:
8 hours ago, SC_RNDude said:

I’m not sure what the problem is with this interview.  It’s right there for everyone to see and judge.  Was it edited in some way?  Did they take out excerpts that made him look bad?

How are the Fox hosts followed by Trump supporters any worse then the anti-Trump hosts followed by the anti-Trump crowd?

 

I think we've already said what is wrong with the interview didn't we?   It's the segment I posted.  Yes, I'll admit it is a bit nitpicky, but that's what we do with each other.

To answer the second part, it's no difference and bad interviewing is bad interviewing no matter who is doing it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tweety said:

But it's the part that we are talking about, but you can ignore it and blow it off if with a deflection like "How are the Fox hosts followed by Trump supporters any worse then the anti-Trump hosts followed by the anti-Trump crowd?" if you want.

I see that as the modern version of covering your ears while repeating lalalala and then shrugging off the issue because you've never heard of it.  Wilful ignorance is becoming a lifestyle choice for too many Trump supporters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

I see that as the modern version of covering your ears while repeating lalalala and then shrugging off the issue because you've never heard of it.  Wilful ignorance is becoming a lifestyle choice for too many Trump supporters. 

Becoming???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Our colleagues aren't upset because you lied to Congress for the president. They're upset because you've stopped lying to Congress for the president."

Rep. Jamie Raskin, D-MD.

 

Edited by Horseshoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×