Jump to content

Media behaving badly

Politics   (82,287 Views 875 Comments)
18,422 Visitors; 2,281 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 4 of Media behaving badly. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

1 hour ago, Lil Nel said:

Your response indicates to me, Daisy, that you are uniformed.

That doesn't surprise me.

The Native American was PERMITTED to be at the Lincoln Memorial, celebrating Indigenous People.

The Covington Catholic kids were not permitted. 

I don't know if the Black Hebrew Israelites were permitted to be there.

Serious, concerned, adult chaperones from Covington Catholic should never have allowed the kids to engage the other religious zealots.

They should have disengaged, and walked away.

The Native American was trying to separate the two.

Too bad Covington Catholic chaperones didn't exercise good judgement.

The whole incident could have been avoided.

Why is it that every time someone disagrees with you it is them that is misinformed. Anyway, you cannot possibly believe the liar Native American when he says that he was trying to separate the two groups, and esp. bc he was afraid for the Black Hebrew group! 

Although I might agree that the chaperones could have diffused the situation (but I wasn't there so who knows) somehow I don't think it could have been avoided bc it was the two different groups who came up to the kids and harassed them.

And yes, people make mistakes including nurses, but there is a big difference between an honest mistake and blatantly misleading the public (ie a lie or bias reporting).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Clearly, the point about Fox News and any birther reporting is that the observer must first ignore that Fox News unapologetically forwarded that birther lie, as well as other propaganda, throughout the last 10 years. 

Yeah, let's have a conversation about media behaving badly. Is David Pecker fair game? How about Steve Bannon or Sean Hannity, do they count? 

Not that I like Hannity all that much but he states his show is commentary, not news. Unlike CNN and others that call themselves "news" but report mostly opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daisy4RN said:

Why is it that every time someone disagrees with you it is them that is misinformed. Anyway, you cannot possibly believe the liar Native American when he says that he was trying to separate the two groups, and esp. bc he was afraid for the Black Hebrew group! 

Although I might agree that the chaperones could have diffused the situation (but I wasn't there so who knows) somehow I don't think it could have been avoided bc it was the two different groups who came up to the kids and harassed them.

And yes, people make mistakes including nurses, but there is a big difference between an honest mistake and blatantly misleading the public (ie a lie or bias reporting).

 

When people are misinformed, I will tell them so, Daisy.

Too bad if that offends you.

Which two groups were harassing the Covington Catholic kids, Daisy?

I've heard numerous stories, and all say it was the Black Hebrew Israelites who first harassed the kids, and the kids stupidly harassed them right back.

The Native American, who again, was permitted to be there, did not harass those kids.

I heard Mr. Phillips say he was afraid of BOTH groups, and was trying to diffuse the situation.

He appears to be the only person involved with a lick of sense in his head.

I read an interview with one of the boy's mothers who misidentified the Black Israelites as "black Muslims."

Completely untrue.

I had never heard of the group. But I educated myself by reading a story about them in the Washington Post.

They are indeed a hate group, just like White Nationalists.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Daisy4RN said:

Why is it that every time someone disagrees with you it is them that is misinformed. Anyway, you cannot possibly believe the liar Native American when he says that he was trying to separate the two groups, and esp. bc he was afraid for the Black Hebrew group! 

Although I might agree that the chaperones could have diffused the situation (but I wasn't there so who knows) somehow I don't think it could have been avoided bc it was the two different groups who came up to the kids and harassed them.

And yes, people make mistakes including nurses, but there is a big difference between an honest mistake and blatantly misleading the public (ie a lie or bias reporting).

 

DJT blatantly misleads the public daily.

You seem to have no problem with that Daisy.

I agree that so-called journalists like Alex Jones are a danger to the public.

Lying about Sandy Hook is disgraceful.

But he isn't a journalist.

He is a blow-hard like DJT, Sean Hannity, etc.

Puffing a lot of hot air, that doesn't amount to a pile of crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And can we add Ann Coulter and Tomi Lahren to the conversation?  They are not quite in the Alex Jones stratosphere, but do their share of spouting Right Wing propaganda and lies.  They are a disgrace to the profession of journalism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lil Nel said:

When people are misinformed, I will tell them so, Daisy.

Too bad if that offends you.

Which two groups were harassing the Covington Catholic kids, Daisy?

I've heard numerous stories, and all say it was the Black Hebrew Israelites who first harassed the kids, and the kids stupidly harassed them right back.

The Native American, who again, was permitted to be there, did not harass those kids.

I heard Mr. Phillips say he was afraid of BOTH groups, and was trying to diffuse the situation.

He appears to be the only person involved with a lick of sense in his head.

I read an interview with one of the boy's mothers who misidentified the Black Israelites as "black Muslims."

Completely untrue.

I had never heard of the group. But I educated myself by reading a story about them in the Washington Post.

They are indeed a hate group, just like White Nationalists.

 

 

Like I have said before I read different articles from different outlets to try to get the whole picture.

The two groups that harassed to kids were 1) the black Hebrews, and then 2) Nathan Philips group, this is very evident on the videos.

So you think that the liar who walked up to the group of kids (even though he was afraid, as you claim) and started harassing them has a "lick of sense"? Really??!!

Here are a few articles not from CNN, MSNBC that will  provide more info than what you get on those outlets.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/2019/01/24/opinion-few-questions-nathan-phillips-covcath-encounter/2636259002/

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/02/celebrities-may-be-sued-for-defamation-after-they-aimed-hate-at-the-covington-kids/

https://conservativedailypost.com/covington-kids-have-powerful-advocate-threating-lawsuit-on-their-behalf/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a guy named Pecker orders a subordinate to blackmail Bezos with some *&^% picks?

Sometimes the truth is just stranger than fiction. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daisy4RN said:

Like I have said before I read different articles from different outlets to try to get the whole picture.

The two groups that harassed to kids were 1) the black Hebrews, and then 2) Nathan Philips group, this is very evident on the videos.

So you think that the liar who walked up to the group of kids (even though he was afraid, as you claim) and started harassing them has a "lick of sense"? Really??!!

Here are a few articles not from CNN, MSNBC that will  provide more info than what you get on those outlets.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/2019/01/24/opinion-few-questions-nathan-phillips-covcath-encounter/2636259002/

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/02/celebrities-may-be-sued-for-defamation-after-they-aimed-hate-at-the-covington-kids/

https://conservativedailypost.com/covington-kids-have-powerful-advocate-threating-lawsuit-on-their-behalf/

 

 

 

I don't see that Phillips harassed those kids.

Although, with their taunts to him, with their tomahawk chops in the air, they would have deserved it.

You think Phillips is a liar, yet you support a lie, in Trump, including his lies about illegal immigrants.

You furthered his lies.

I suggest you learn about all the illegal immigrants Trump has knowingly hired over the years.

Nice story about the pipeline in today's Washington Post.

I'm wondering if you have a list of known liars, such as DJT, that you are comfortable with, a list of other liars that you don't like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Daisy4RN said:

Like I have said before I read different articles from different outlets to try to get the whole picture.

The two groups that harassed to kids were 1) the black Hebrews, and then 2) Nathan Philips group, this is very evident on the videos.

So you think that the liar who walked up to the group of kids (even though he was afraid, as you claim) and started harassing them has a "lick of sense"? Really??!!

Here are a few articles not from CNN, MSNBC that will  provide more info than what you get on those outlets.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/2019/01/24/opinion-few-questions-nathan-phillips-covcath-encounter/2636259002/

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/02/celebrities-may-be-sued-for-defamation-after-they-aimed-hate-at-the-covington-kids/

https://conservativedailypost.com/covington-kids-have-powerful-advocate-threating-lawsuit-on-their-behalf/

 

 

 

By the way, I don't claim it Daisy.

I listened to Phillips.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Horseshoe said:

So a guy named Pecker orders a subordinate to blackmail Bezos with some *&^% picks?

Sometimes the truth is just stranger than fiction. 🙄

NY Post, headline of the year...

”Bezos Exposes Pecker”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lil Nel said:

By the way, I don't claim it Daisy.

I listened to Phillips.

 

Well if the known liar said it then it must be true!! My bad..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

NY Post, headline of the year...

”Bezos Exposes Pecker”

OMG. Sometimes you've gotta laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×