Jump to content

Media behaving badly

Politics   (14,767 Views 780 Comments)
18,298 Visitors; 2,281 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 36 of Media behaving badly. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

1 hour ago, nursej22 said:

I find Breitbart articles so unclear, primarily because they seem to be reporting on articles written by other outlets. To me, the article is implying that CNN purposely invited the democratic operatives and hid their affiliations. I should think a reputable news organization would seek out and report that kind of detail, not cherry-pick details to frame the story to their viewpoint. 

This is a opinion article.  And they did seek out some details, that’s how they knew who these people actually were.

The opinion article stated the questions weren’t necessarily unfair, but it does seem CNN did purposely didn’t disclose their true identity, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

This is a opinion article.  And they did seek out some details, that’s how they knew who these people actually were.

The opinion article stated the questions weren’t necessarily unfair, but it does seem CNN did purposely didn’t disclose their true identity, 

Did you read the article?

Saying someone is more than a Democratic voter says nothing.

I believe you intelligent enough to understand that point.

But your need to swallow the snake oil that Breitbart is selling is alarming.

Geez.

It looks as though Breitbart relied on LinkedIn to verify the so-called identity of what, three of these folks?

I hate to be the one to tell you this dude, but responsible journalism doesn't rely on LinkedIn as it's sole source.

But I don't consider Breitbart journalism.

It is a media site dedicated to the extreme right wing point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breitbart is an unreliable and partisan outlet.  They specialize in GOP propaganda and general misrepresentation and spin. 

They are a perfect example of misbehaving media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SC_RNDude said:

This is a opinion article.  And they did seek out some details, that’s how they knew who these people actually were.

The opinion article stated the questions weren’t necessarily unfair, but it does seem CNN did purposely didn’t disclose their true identity, 

Again, the article implies that CNN purposefully invited the people in question, but there is no basis for that implication. Also, it is not clear to me that this is an opinion piece, so I can see how a naive person could take this to be factual reporting.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Breitbart is an unreliable and partisan outlet.  They specialize in GOP propaganda and general misrepresentation and spin. 

 

I would agree they are partisan.  However I believe the public has a different expectation from them then they do a CNN or other MSM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

Did you read the article?

Saying someone is more than a Democratic voter says nothing.

I believe you intelligent enough to understand that point.

But your need to swallow the snake oil that Breitbart is selling is alarming.

Geez.

It looks as though Breitbart relied on LinkedIn to verify the so-called identity of what, three of these folks?

I hate to be the one to tell you this dude, but responsible journalism doesn't rely on LinkedIn as it's sole source.

But I don't consider Breitbart journalism.

It is a media site dedicated to the extreme right wing point of view.

Your two favorite publications like to use sources “familiar with the situation”.  Forgive me if I find you not to be credible on responsible journalism.

And, Breitbart didn’t do the investigating, and they did more then LinkedIn. Did you read the article?

Edited by SC_RNDude
Edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

I would agree they are partisan.  However I believe the public has a different expectation from them then they do a CNN or other MSM.

Clearly, conservative Americans read the unreliable reporting of Breitbart and share it to support their thinking and opinions. Clearly, millions of conservatives believe the misinformation of that media outlet.

What expectation do you think the general publics expectations are for BB? I know what my expectations are,  I expect partisan half truths and full fabrications from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

Your two favorite publications like to use sources “familiar with the situation”.  Forgive me if I find you not to be credible on responsible journalism.

And, Breitbart didn’t do the investigating, and they did more then LinkedIn. Did you read the article?

I stated that I read the article.

From my comments, I obviously read the article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

Your two favorite publications like to use sources “familiar with the situation”.  Forgive me if I find you not to be credible on responsible journalism.

And, Breitbart didn’t do the investigating, and they did more then LinkedIn. Did you read the article?

There you go taking the low road again, with an attack on my journalism judgement.

Tsk. Tsk.

Guess I should be grateful you didn't insinuate that I am ignorant, the way you did with Grumpy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

I would agree they are partisan.  However I believe the public has a different expectation from them then they do a CNN or other MSM.

So, what exactly was your point?

It seems to have fallen flat, rather quickly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If CNN stacked the deck against Sanders it would not surprise me because they have already done this in the past to push their agenda  (town hall with Sherriff Israel)

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/02/24/cnn-getting-torched-revelation-many-4-sheriffs-deputies-hid-parkland-mass-shooting-606359

Yes, the public does have a different expectation from CNN but unfortunately they (CNN) have proven themselves bias on many occasions. 

The Democrat party itself has proven bias against Bernie Sanders. In the 2016 election the DNC gave preference to H.Clinton over Bernie (as evidenced by the leaked emails) which led to the resignation of Wasserman-Schultz and Donna Brazile (who also was found to have given Clinton the questions to the debate prior to the debate).

I don't think it is a great leap to again think that CNN is playing favorites again.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-accused-of-failing-to-disclose-that-bernie-sanders-town-hall-was-loaded-with-democratic-operatives

And yes y'all, I know these are conservative websites, and again, that is where you get more info than the mainstream (aka left bias) media shares with the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Breitbart is an unreliable and partisan outlet.  They specialize in GOP propaganda and general misrepresentation and spin. 

They are a perfect example of misbehaving media. 

Please read the first two pages of the first time I was exposed to the Breitbart Fake News. UClick the text of Tweety's post in 2010)

The post below is the video Breitbart published and Fox News picked up. It had been purposefully edited to give the impression that Shirley Sherrod's story was the OPPOSITE of what she actually said.

What she REALLY said:

The DISHONEST "doctored" video first published by Breitbart:

Here is a post from that time that shows what she said about 23 minutes in:

https://allnurses-breakroom.com/usda-official-saying-she-didnt-t87946/?do=findComment&comment=1035624

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×