Jump to content

Media behaving badly

Politics   (76,598 Views 865 Comments)
18,401 Visitors; 2,281 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 21 of Media behaving badly. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

2 hours ago, Tweety said:

Too late to edit but meant to add that still sensationalism sells and I doubt like headlines that are click bait to get people to read them.  Like "Boy in MAGA hot harasses old Native American" or "Coup planned against Trump".  

Also a coup is  "a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government."   Any plans or ideas for impeachment or removing Trump was thought through only using legal means.  Mostly it was all talk as everyone knows how legally hard this would be.

Again, it narrative being sold by Fox, which is the entity that started this "coup" talk that Trump and his supporters have latched onto, is a perfect example of the media behaving badly.

And again, most of us know that the real purpose of this thread, is to continue to disparage the mainstream media.

Trump and followers need to do that in order to continue to discredit and deflect from the real problem here: DJT.

Look at the language used by the White Nationalist, in the Coast Guard, arrested for plotting a terrorist attack:

"illegal impeachment of Trump"

If he was impeached, it would be LEGAL, as Congress would be the one to do it. Not the ordinary person on the street.

Yep. Some folks are in for a hard landing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lil Nel said:

Again, it narrative being sold by Fox, which is the entity that started this "coup" talk that Trump and his supporters have latched onto, is a perfect example of the media behaving badly.

And again, most of us know that the real purpose of this thread, is to continue to disparage the mainstream media.

Trump and followers need to do that in order to continue to discredit and deflect from the real problem here: DJT.

Look at the language used by the White Nationalist, in the Coast Guard, arrested for plotting a terrorist attack:

"illegal impeachment of Trump"

If he was impeached, it would be LEGAL, as Congress would be the one to do it. Not the ordinary person on the street.

Yep. Some folks are in for a hard landing.

 

Actually, Mark Levin first sounded the coup alarm well over a year ago, and has been proven correct.

The Coast Guard guy is a lunatic.  

Edited by SC_RNDude
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

Actually, Mark Levin first sounded the coup alarm well over a year ago, and has been proven correct.

The Coast Guard guy is a lunatic.  

Well, he appears to support Trump.

But I'll take your word for his lunacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

Actually, Mark Levin first sounded the coup alarm well over a year ago, and has been proven correct.

The Coast Guard guy is a lunatic.  

The actual "coup" talk started with MCCabe's recent revelation about counting noses of Cabinet members.

Levin has NOT been proven right.

What a ridiculous statement!

The circus clown still sits in the WH, dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daisy4RN said:

I dont need anyone to tell me that the media is bias because I have been watching it for a very long time. It is obvious just with the recent coverage of the Covington kids, and the Smollet faux attack, not to mention the ongoing Trump Collusion story (just bc some were caught up in the dragnet doesn't mean Trump himself is guilty, still waiting right?). All the stories, that are not covered without bias, fairly, are doing real damage to our country, IMO, and I wish they would stop bc people just blindly believe whatever the reporters, and some politicians, say. Both of those stories are made out in the media to be racist (racism by whites) when in fact they were not. Why the news media and politicians want to cause division is beyond me and just wrong! 

You know the media is doing it's job when the right-wing attacks, and Smollett's family also attacks.

Who would have guessed that right-wingers, would be on the same side as Smollett's siblings????

From CNN

Smollett's Siblings Blame Media

Gee, Daisy, you are in agreement with Smollett's siblings!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From today's NY Times

How So Many Violent Felons Are Allowed To Keep Their Illegal Guns

Dude had expressed concern that in a state like IL, with strict gun laws, a felon had access to guns, and the media didn't care because the felon was Black.

Well, from dude's lips, to the NY Times ears!

The answer is pretty simple: Time and danger.

Most law enforcement departments lack the personnel needed to confiscate illegal guns safely.

The exception seems to be California.

Good read!

Edited by Lil Nel
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tweety said:

[...]

I'm pretty good with a search engine and I couldn't find any documentation that 85% of reporters are registered Democrats.

[...]

I doubt you will.  I think some of this comes from a couple of studies that were reported in the last 4 or 5 years.

First, a survey of journalists conducted by the Indiana University.  In the most recent survey, conducted in 2013, 7.1% percent of respondents identified as Republican; compared with 28.1% that identified as Democrat.  Both were the lowest percentages reported in the 5 surveys that had been conducted.  Slightly more than half (50.2%) identified as independent and 14.6% as other; both the highest of the 5 surveys.

Just 7 percent of journalists are Republicans. That’s far fewer than even a decade ago

Another survey, Faculty Voter Registration in Economics, History, Journalism, Law, and Psychology published in Econ Journal Watch investigated the voter registration of faculty in the Economics, History, Journalism/Communications, Law, and Psychology departments at 40 universities.  The abstract states that 7243 individuals were investigated, with party registration found for 3577 (3623 Democratic and 314 Repbulican).  The results showed an overall Democratic:Republican faculty registration of 11.5:1.

Edited by chare
Updated Links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chare said:

I doubt you will.  I think some of this comes from a couple of studies that were reported in the last 4 or 5 years.

First, a survey of journalists conducted by the Indiana University.  In the most recent survey, conducted in 2013, 7.1% percent of respondents identified as Republican; compared with 28.1% that identified as Democrat.  Both were the lowest percentages reported in the 5 surveys that had been conducted.  Slightly more than half (50.2%) identified as independent and 14.6% as other; both the highest of the 5 surveys.

Just 7 percent of journalists are Republicans. That’s far fewer than even a decade ago

Another survey, Faculty Voter Registration in Economics, History, Journalism, Law, and Psychology published in Econ Journal Watch investigated the voter registration of faculty in the Economics, History, Journalism/Communications, Law, and Psychology departments at 40 universities.  The abstract states that 7243 individuals were investigated, with party registration found for 3577 (3623 Democratic and 314 Repbulican).  The results showed an overall Democratic:Republican faculty registration of 11.5:1.

There has been other surveys, although not too recent, where journalists in high numbers, 80-90 %, vote Democrat.  One survey revealed 90% of journalists voted for Bill Clinton.

I can’t imagine that has changed much, especially in the last three Presidentisl elections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lil Nel said:

The actual "coup" talk started with MCCabe's recent revelation about counting noses of Cabinet members.

Levin has NOT been proven right.

What a ridiculous statement!

The circus clown still sits in the WH, dude.

No, Mark Levin told us what was going on over a year ago, and was ridiculed. 

H seems to have been correct, like has been so many times before and since.

I’d also remind you to not call someone’s opinion “ridiculous”.  Insulting someone’s opinion is against TOS.

thank you.

Edited by SC_RNDude
Edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

There has been other surveys, although not too recent, where journalists in high numbers, 80-90 %, vote Democrat.  One survey revealed 90% of journalists voted for Bill Clinton.

I can’t imagine that has changed much, especially in the last three Presidentisl elections.

Wow. 

I was a member of the media and was never approached by one of these so-called surveys, dude.

How was I overlooked?

Member of the Society of Professional Journalists for years, starting with college chapter.

So I am sure you understand why your unsubstantiated opinion in this case, appears to me to be nothing more than your usual media bashing, unless it is Fox or the Daily Wire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chare said:

I doubt you will.  I think some of this comes from a couple of studies that were reported in the last 4 or 5 years.

First, a survey of journalists conducted by the Indiana University.  In the most recent survey, conducted in 2013, 7.1% percent of respondents identified as Republican; compared with 28.1% that identified as Democrat.  Both were the lowest percentages reported in the 5 surveys that had been conducted.  Slightly more than half (50.2%) identified as independent and 14.6% as other; both the highest of the 5 surveys.

Just 7 percent of journalists are Republicans. That’s far fewer than even a decade ago

Another survey, Faculty Voter Registration in Economics, History, Journalism, Law, and Psychology published in Econ Journal Watch investigated the voter registration of faculty in the Economics, History, Journalism/Communications, Law, and Psychology departments at 40 universities.  The abstract states that 7243 individuals were investigated, with party registration found for 3577 (3623 Democratic and 314 Repbulican).  The results showed an overall Democratic:Republican faculty registration of 11.5:1.

I am sure the number of Republicans has shrunk even more with DJT heading the party.

Look at the number of ordinary Republican voters who no longer support the party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SC_RNDude said:

No, Mark Levin told us what was going on over a year ago, and was ridiculed. 

H seems to have been correct, like has been so many times before and since.

Again, dude, the circus clown still sits in the WH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×