Jump to content

I'm a conservative, and i went to an alexandria ocasio-cortez rally

Politics   (15,006 Views 474 Comments)
6 Followers; 98,430 Visitors; 15,425 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.
advertisement

You are reading page 34 of I'm a conservative, and i went to an alexandria ocasio-cortez rally. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Wow.

What a performance by Trump at CPAC!

I know the man doesn't drink alcohol, but he didn't behave like a sober person.

Mocking Jeff Sessions with a fake southern accent?

Why is he even talking about Jeff Sessions?

Still upset over size? Crowd size.

Maybe it was the CPAC attendees who were drunk.

Ripping apart Democrats.

Threatening to seize more power.

Yes, conservatives, please, Step Away From Crazy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, they need to prepare themselves for the great liberal hamberder theft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spidey's mom said:

There are lots of new faces and ideas.  At least in my world where I hang out on the internet.  I'm 61 and glad to see some younger folks getting involved in conservative ideas.

Candace Owens, Brandon Straka, Allie Beth Stuckey, Anna Paulina, The Conservative Latina, Will Witt, Charlie Kirk, Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro, Antonia Okafor, Eden Rose . . . just to name a few who I follow.  

You may disagree with them, but you can't say there are no new voices out there.  

The interesting thing is they don't walk lockstep together and they come from different backgrounds.  Brandon is gay and a former liberal, Ben is Jewish and more of a libertarian and quite critical of Trump, there are two women who are of hispanic heritage, and two who are black.  Yet, they are united in a message. Step away from the hate. 

From my vantage point, the consistent thing they are all saying is they walked away from the left due to the hate.  You might not encounter it in your personal sphere, but I prefer to give people a chance to tell their stories.  These folks (and many more I follow) have compelling stories to tell.  

That is what bothers me the most about AOC and her recent threat to "name names" . . . no political entity should ever tell anyone they must walk in lockstep or else.  I think that is antithetical to where the left used to be . . .

(I just watched a video of Brandon speaking at CPAC.  He makes some great points about why he left the democratic party and they include being treated quite hatefully by those on the left.) 

 

There is an article in today's NY Times that may interest you, as it mentions a few of the people you highlighted in your post.

Trump's Black Supporters: Inside A Small And Divided World

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, herring_RN said:

Step away from hate:

Poster on display in West Virginia Capitol Provided by state Republican party. Good for those who disagreed and apologized:  

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Controversy-erupts-over-hate-speech-poster-on-display-in-WVa-Capitol-rotunda-506560451.html

 

 

 

Seriously, anyone with half a brain, or even a quarter of a brain would see that would be offensive and spark outrage.  Seriously, the Republican party does indeed have some soul searching to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commenting on something Steph said above, I will say that Republican and conservative gays are reviled by other gays and do indeed receive a good deal of online hate.  There's a conservative young gay man (name escapes me) on Fox News that says this as well and it's true.  

Personally, I feel it is their prerogative to disregard LGBT issues in favor of small government, low taxes and the rest of the conservative agenda.  They support a party that wants to limit their rights to marry, adopt and even receive goods and services and when they lose in court try the "religious freedom" card and that's their right.  At this point estimates are around 10 to 20% of gay people vote Republican, but that leaves 80% to 90% that don't.

They don't deserve the hate they get but I am not very sympathetic to their whining about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement
4 hours ago, Tweety said:

Commenting on something Steph said above, I will say that Republican and conservative gays are reviled by other gays and do indeed receive a good deal of online hate.  There's a conservative young gay man (name escapes me) on Fox News that says this as well and it's true.  

Personally, I feel it is their prerogative to disregard LGBT issues in favor of small government, low taxes and the rest of the conservative agenda.  They support a party that wants to limit their rights to marry, adopt and even receive goods and services and when they lose in court try the "religious freedom" card and that's their right.  At this point estimates are around 10 to 20% of gay people vote Republican, but that leaves 80% to 90% that don't.

They don't deserve the hate they get but I am not very sympathetic to their whining about it.  

Log Cabin Republicans have been around for decades.

They are gay Republicans.

I don't know if their numbers have increased or decreased under Trump.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, herring_RN said:

Step away from hate:

Poster on display in West Virginia Capitol Provided by state Republican party. Good for those who disagreed and apologized:  

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Controversy-erupts-over-hate-speech-poster-on-display-in-WVa-Capitol-rotunda-506560451.html

Read the article in the Washington Post, herring, that is a little more in-depth than the first one I read.

WV Republicans were a bit slow to apologize.

But they did find time to pontificate about the First Amendment.

The Republican party has been fully corrupted by Trump.

It is a shame that they accuse Democrats of hating, yet ignore their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

Log Cabin Republicans have been around for decades.

They are gay Republicans.

I don't know if their numbers have increased or decreased under Trump.

 

Yes, I have known about them for decades as well.  When they started all those years ago it was about "changing the party from within".  Decades later they are still trying but in my opinion the party has gotten even more hostile towards gays and it's a big fail.  They claim their membership has grown.  They have refused to endorsed Donald Trump, so there is that.

I can understand the "change from within" concept, but when it fails, it fails and gay people really don't need to hang around.  A recent example would be the gay Methodists that recently failed and have been told the church will not perform gay marriages or allow gay clergy.  Who needs that?

There is also an online political group "Gays for Trump".

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tweety said:

Yes, I have known about them for decades as well.  When they started all those years ago it was about "changing the party from within".  Decades later they are still trying but in my opinion the party has gotten even more hostile towards gays and it's a big fail.  They claim their membership has grown.  They have refused to endorsed Donald Trump, so there is that.

I can understand the "change from within" concept, but when it fails, it fails and gay people really don't need to hang around.  A recent example would be the gay Methodists that recently failed and have been told the church will not perform gay marriages or allow gay clergy.  Who needs that?

There is also an online political group "Gays for Trump".

I can't pretend to understand Gays For Trump, Blacks For Trump.

You can hold conservative ideas, but you don't have to support a bigot.

There are other conservative options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×