Jump to content

I'm a conservative, and i went to an alexandria ocasio-cortez rally

Politics   (15,885 Views 474 Comments)
6 Followers; 98,935 Visitors; 15,759 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.

You are reading page 33 of I'm a conservative, and i went to an alexandria ocasio-cortez rally. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Some more fear mongering at CPAC.  Sebastian Gorka states AOC is trying to take away your hamburgers.  

I have some very strong opinions about factory farms, their cruelty, pollution and carbon imprint and we need to have that conversation.  

I am not vegan and I enjoy a good burger as well as the next person.

How can we have a conversation with fear mongering like this?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sebastian-gorka-ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal-cpac_n_5c78657ee4b087c2f294a61f

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tweety said:

Some more fear mongering at CPAC.  Sebastian Gorka states AOC is trying to take away your hamburgers.  

I have some very strong opinions about factory farms, their cruelty, pollution and carbon imprint and we need to have that conversation.  

I am not vegan and I enjoy a good burger as well as the next person.

How can we have a conversation with fear mongering like this?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sebastian-gorka-ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal-cpac_n_5c78657ee4b087c2f294a61f

I think it is pretty obvious that folks like Gorka are not interested in conversation or dialog. In my view there has been a consistent absence of trumpublican interest in discussing anything that doesn't fit the agenda of tax breaks for the wealthy, reversal of anything related to Obama, removal of federal protections of our environment, etc. They have become expert at fear mongering and manipulation of their voting base through emotional appeals. 

The GOP is a fully corrupt organization at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

I think it is pretty obvious that folks like Gorka are not interested in conversation or dialog. In my view there has been a consistent absence of trumpublican interest in discussing anything that doesn't fit the agenda of tax breaks for the wealthy, reversal of anything related to Obama, removal of federal protections of our environment, etc. They have become expert at fear mongering and manipulation of their voting base through emotional appeals. 

The GOP is a fully corrupt organization at this point. 

Completely agree.

Their latest kick is the "Socialist" label.

I predict it will work as well for them in 2020, as Trump's fearmongering over a "southern border invasion" worked for them in 2018 midterms.

Seriously, I hope they keep it up. 

They will lose again.

And that will make me very happy.

😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tweety said:

Some more fear mongering at CPAC.  Sebastian Gorka states AOC is trying to take away your hamburgers.  

I have some very strong opinions about factory farms, their cruelty, pollution and carbon imprint and we need to have that conversation.  

I am not vegan and I enjoy a good burger as well as the next person.

How can we have a conversation with fear mongering like this?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sebastian-gorka-ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal-cpac_n_5c78657ee4b087c2f294a61f

If Republicans want to eat red meat, let them.

Cardiovascular disease is such a terrible thing.

And Trump already has high cholesterol.

His statin dosage was increased, per his last physical.

If someone wants to eat an unhealthy diet, I say; let them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

If Republicans want to eat red meat, let them.

Cardiovascular disease is such a terrible thing.

And Trump already has high cholesterol.

His statin dosage was increased, per his last physical.

If someone wants to eat an unhealthy diet, I say; let them.

Exactly and this is the stance of most liberals as well.  No one is talking about taking away anyone's right to eat or drink what they want to.  

On a side note, the five unhealthiest states are red states that presumably don't socialism, i.e. universal healthcare.   Three of those states Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama are also on the list of the five poorest states, and presumably don't want socialism to help them.  Further two of those states, Alabama and Mississippi are on the top five list of the most federally dependent states, which is a bit ironic.  As you know, as I think we've talked about this, your state of Kentucky with Mitch McConnel and Rand Paul and their anti-socialist stance is the 2nd most federally dependent state.  

All of this can be found on a search engine.  

Just sayin'

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard a report on NPR yesterday, from CPAC.

A woman was railing against AOC.

I find it amusing that the GOP is wrapped up in a knots, over a young woman from the South Bronx.

Could it be because nobody is exited about the GOP, the party of old, tired White men, spouting the same old tired lines?

Could it be because the GOP has no new ideas or faces?

Amusing.

 

Edited by Lil Nel
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when McConnell stated the Republican's primary objective was to make Obama a one-term President.  Not the economy or the great recession or compromise, but getting rid of Obama.

I'm somewhat in the same frame of mind with AOC's recent comments.  This is decisive and threatening.   

https://news.yahoo.com/aoc-threatens-put-moderate-dems-133644548.html?ncid=facebook_yahoonewsf_akfmevaatca&fbclid=IwAR0JOZ-qmcrkGW1hOW7L3fcDPGYLwiTtFjAoAXihe2SZmbVrss5N7WIhA9k

Edited by Tweety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lil Nel said:

I heard a report on NPR yesterday, from CPAC.

A woman was railing against AOC.

I find it amusing that the GOP is wrapped up in a knots, over a young woman from the South Bronx.

Could it be because nobody is exited about the GOP, the party of old, tired White men, spouting the same old tired lines?

Could it be because the GOP has no new ideas or faces?

Amusing.

 

There are lots of new faces and ideas.  At least in my world where I hang out on the internet.  I'm 61 and glad to see some younger folks getting involved in conservative ideas.

Candace Owens, Brandon Straka, Allie Beth Stuckey, Anna Paulina, The Conservative Latina, Will Witt, Charlie Kirk, Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro, Antonia Okafor, Eden Rose . . . just to name a few who I follow.  

You may disagree with them, but you can't say there are no new voices out there.  

The interesting thing is they don't walk lockstep together and they come from different backgrounds.  Brandon is gay and a former liberal, Ben is Jewish and more of a libertarian and quite critical of Trump, there are two women who are of hispanic heritage, and two who are black.  Yet, they are united in a message. Step away from the hate. 

From my vantage point, the consistent thing they are all saying is they walked away from the left due to the hate.  You might not encounter it in your personal sphere, but I prefer to give people a chance to tell their stories.  These folks (and many more I follow) have compelling stories to tell.  

That is what bothers me the most about AOC and her recent threat to "name names" . . . no political entity should ever tell anyone they must walk in lockstep or else.  I think that is antithetical to where the left used to be . . .

(I just watched a video of Brandon speaking at CPAC.  He makes some great points about why he left the democratic party and they include being treated quite hatefully by those on the left.) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's difficult to take the CPAC seriously when the leader of that group doesn't believe that Trump is a liar and the chants of LOCK HER UP were encouraged and celebrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spidey's mom said:

There are lots of new faces and ideas.  At least in my world where I hang out on the internet.  I'm 61 and glad to see some younger folks getting involved in conservative ideas.

Candace Owens, Brandon Straka, Allie Beth Stuckey, Anna Paulina, The Conservative Latina, Will Witt, Charlie Kirk, Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro, Antonia Okafor, Eden Rose . . . just to name a few who I follow.  

You may disagree with them, but you can't say there are no new voices out there.  

The interesting thing is they don't walk lockstep together and they come from different backgrounds.  Brandon is gay and a former liberal, Ben is Jewish and more of a libertarian and quite critical of Trump, there are two women who are of hispanic heritage, and two who are black.  Yet, they are united in a message. Step away from the hate. 

From my vantage point, the consistent thing they are all saying is they walked away from the left due to the hate.  You might not encounter it in your personal sphere, but I prefer to give people a chance to tell their stories.  These folks (and many more I follow) have compelling stories to tell.  

That is what bothers me the most about AOC and her recent threat to "name names" . . . no political entity should ever tell anyone they must walk in lockstep or else.  I think that is antithetical to where the left used to be . . .

(I just watched a video of Brandon speaking at CPAC.  He makes some great points about why he left the democratic party and they include being treated quite hatefully by those on the left.) 

 

Yes, I remember last year when you posted the video link to the now debunked movement you refer to again here.

I wouldn't call Ben Shapiro a fresh face.

He has been around quite a while.

Lock step?

What do you think Mitch McConnell's job is?

He spends a huge portion of his time making sure the GOP in the Senate is indeed, Lock Step.

And guess what Paul Ryan did as Speaker of the House?

He did his best to keep House GOP members in Lock Step.

Wow.

You felt the need to point out ethic and sexual orientation of some of the "fresh faces" you highlighted.

That is embarrassingly sad.

But I understand completely.

The GOP has so few voices from the group's you mentioned, that sometimes these folks are used as props (Mark Meadows stunt) to show the public they do exist.

I would not be proud to belong to a group that says: Here is a Black one, standing with a Brown one, and there is a gay one.

Anyone concerned about "stepping away from the hate," needs to run as fast as they can from an organization that this Lock Step with DJT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

It's difficult to take the CPAC seriously when the leader of that group doesn't believe that Trump is a liar and the chants of LOCK HER UP were encouraged and celebrated. 

They demonstrate why the Blue Wave occurred in 2018.

I hope they continue with their worn out chants and ideas.

Because they will lose again in 2020.

Yes.

I hope they cling to the Socialist gibberish.

Listening to Mike Pence, just makes me sleepy.

 

Edited by Lil Nel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, the whole Step Away From The Hate, movement reminds me of the conversion therapy movement.

And that has been debunked too.

Personally, I don't believe Democrats have an issue with hate.

Did Hillary Clinton or AOC call for violence at campaign events?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×