Will and Kate baby watch
- 5Jul 22, '13 by Elvish Guidehttp://www.cnn.com/2013/07/22/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
I know this falls in the category of 'fluff', and I know there are far weightier things in the be world to be concerned about, but I can't help myself. I am a fan of Great Britain's royals, going back to the first time my mother showed me her 1981 edition of 'Invitation to a Royal Wedding' (Charles and Diana's). I was about 4 the first time I saw it and have been hooked ever since. It apparently runs in the family, as my grandmother followed their every move, and my mother got up at 0500 in 1969 to go to the neighbor's house (she had a color TV) to go watch Prince Charles' investiture as the Prince of Wales.
Anyway, I hope all goes smoothly with Kate's labor and that both mom and baby are healthy. I think they'd be a fun family to take care of postpartum, ridiculous publicity notwithstanding. C'mon baby!!!
- 3Jul 22, '13 by VivaLasViejas GuideI have to admit it---I've been royal-watching since 1981. My hubby and I, newlyweds ourselves then, got up in the middle of the night to watch Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding; I also was pregnant with my first at the same time Diana was with hers, and was inconsolable when she was killed in 1997. For all her troubles, I admired her so, and I'm proud of the way her boys have grown up and become men in their own right. Watching Will and Kate at their wedding was bittersweet; I wished so much that his Mum had been there to see it. Now a new generation is about to be born, and I like to think she's smiling down from Heaven.
- 0Jul 22, '13 by herring_RN Guide
- 3Jul 22, '13 by Elvish GuideAs expected, my mom called this afternoon and we carried on for a full 20 minutes talking about this.
We think a good boy name would be Spencer Michael Arthur Henry....named after Diana, Kate's father, William and Prince Charles (one of their names is Arthur), and Prince Harry. And given how good-looking both parents are, this kid is destined to be beautiful. We also think Prince Harry is going to be the coolest uncle ever.
- 3Jul 23, '13 by StNeotseroh gosh. I'm awful. I'm British and actively avoid this sort of thing. I don't wish them any ill, it's just............how much can newsreaders gush over basic facts? It's a boy, it weighed 8lb and then some, and Prince Phillip made some awful gaffe (Not yet but you know he will) Anyway, I suppose it's a good news story and we don't get enough of those. Oh and the kid will have a name eventually!
PS..............An actual King Arthur would be awesome, Elvish!
- 2Jul 24, '13 by Elvish GuideGeorge Alexander Louis? Really? I wonder who really picks the names anyway, if the Queen has the final say or if she leaves it up to the new parents. I just can't see William and Kate naming a newborn George!
Royal baby's name: George Alexander Louis - CNN.com