War In AfghanistanRegister Today!
- by Tweety Mar 12, '12This thread will be a dedicated thread to all things related to Afghanistan
A young American soldier lost it and went on a shooting spree from his base near Kandahar. First reports, whose accuracy is still pending, are that sixteen Afghanis, including women and children, are dead. America haters will call this American terrorism and demand American blood.Is it any wonder that a soldier under the stress of his job, risking his life daily for people he knows hate him, not knowing if he can trust his own allies from shooting him in the back should lose his sense of reasoning and justice and behave just like his enemies? Since Afghani soldiers and police have begun murdering random American soldiers because some Korans were burned is nothing less than treachery. President Obama offered no support to our soldiers, instead apologizing profusely, begging forgiveness, and saying nothing to Afghan’s leaders who stood mutely over the atrocities of their own soldiers.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses-breakroom.com/showthread.php?t=685184©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,652 Views
- Mar 12, '12 by TweetyI think we as a nation, conservative and liberal alike need to unite and swallow the bitter bill that whatever our mission is...does anyone know?....we've lost our way, lost too many lives, spent too much money, and will never be successful.
Newt Gingrich isn’t leading in the Republican delegate count but he is leading, at least rhetorically, in reshaping a Republican foreign policy alternative to President Barack Obama. Along with dire warnings against Iran getting nuclear weapons, Gingrich is offering a new pessimism about the U.S. ability to salvage Afghanistan and a new emphasis on the limits to U.S. power.
“I think it's very likely that we have lost -- tragically lost -- the lives and suffered injuries to a considerable number of young Americans on a mission that we're going to discover is not doable,” Gingrich said in an interview on FOX News Sunday. He was reacting to the most recent bad news from Afghanistan, where a U.S. soldier went on a shooting spree and killed 16 Afghan civilians.
...........Gingrich’s downbeat “back off” rhetoric is in stark contrast with the “freedom agenda” proclaimed by President George W. Bush in 2003. “Our commitment to democracy is also tested in the Middle East, which is my focus today, and must be a focus of American policy for decades to come,” Bush declared.
- Mar 12, '12 by herring_RNQuote from TweetyI agree.I think we as a nation, conservative and liberal alike need to unite and swallow the bitter bill that whatever our mission is...does anyone know?....we've lost our way, lost too many lives, spent too much money, and will never be successful.
NBC Politics - A new GOP foreign policy tone: pessimism
- Mar 12, '12 by aknottedyarnI feel so bad about the recent shootings. This poor soldier had 4 deployments. And I heard the he had a previous head injury.
I agree. Get out.
- taliban insurgents have threatened to carry outrevenge attacks after a us soldier went on a shooting rampage in afghanistan, killing at least 16 civilians.nine children and three women were among those killed, shot as they slept in their beds. four men were also killed and five others were wounded.
afghanistan's president hamid karzai described the attacks as "impossible to forgive", saying in a statement on sunday:
"when afghan people are killed deliberately by us forces this action is murder and terror and an unforgivable action."
afghanistan shootings: taliban vow revenge against 'sick-minded american savages' (pictures)
- “We have to either make the decision to make a full commitment, which this president has not done, or we have to decide to get out, and probably get out sooner,” Mr. Santorum said.
- Thousands of people took to the streets in eastern Afghanistan on Tuesday to protest the killing of 16 civilians by a U.S. soldier, burning an effigy of Barak Obama and calling for the killer to be tried in Afghanistan.Demonstrators in the city of Jalalabad chanted "Death to America -- Death to Obama" and blocked the main highway to Afghanistan's capital, Kabul, Britain's Daily Telegraph reported.
"Jihad (holy war) is the only way to get the invading Americans out of Afghanistan," one banner read, according to the newspaper.
- Mar 13, '12 by BCgradnurseWhat this soldier did is horrible and perhaps inexcusable, but we have to stop putting our troops into these situations. It's long past the time to get out.
- Mar 14, '12 by Tweety
- Mar 16, '12 by OCNRN63How deep a hole in your soul do you have to have to line children up and shoot them to death? Sorry, I am not buying the PTSD/head injury arguments. This was in the same league as the soldiers who set fire to villages in Viet Nam or the My Lai
massacre...maybe worse. I hope they lock this guy up for the rest of his life with no possibility of parole.
We need to get out of that country. They don't want us there, and we're doing more harm than good.