US General Says Afghan Victory ComingRegister Today!
- by CrufflerJJ Feb 10Victory in our time....
We're winning!!! Just ignore the centuries of history in Afghanistan ...Brits...Soviets...Amerikanskis....
All chewed up & spit out.
Yet our military/political leaders continue to claim that victory is coming.
Dunford indicated he shares Allen's optimism. ďAs General Allen departs theater, he leaves the coalition and our Afghan partners postured for success. I'll endeavor to continue the momentum of the campaign and support the people of Afghanistan as they seize the opportunity for a brighter future," he said.
Yup, our "partners" (when they're not shooting at us, as in Vietnam) are postured for success....just like Vietnam when we "vietnamized" the war (...excuse me...I mean "police action"). Success, of course, being defined as the "opposing forces" rolling over our "partners."
Yeah, team...we're a SUPERPOWER. Just look at us go!
Same as it ever was....same as it ever was.
- Feb 11 by somenursethe faster we get out of there, the better. If the generals need to say it is a "victory"--- whether that remark is to support the troops, to honor those families who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, or to please US citizens, or to save his own face, or if it could even hold some truth,
i don't care what they say, or feel they need to say, to get our kids out of there.
I don't care if they say "Afghanistan is now completely cured of terrorism" or "Afghanistanhas been saved by our troops" or whatever,
if saying these words, or chanting these memes, could help those in power feel they can get us out of there,
I will make those words my ringtone.
The words they are saying, now, at this point, don't matter much to me. Just get those kids home. If baptizing this war as "successful", is some prerequisite to get 'em home, then yell it from the mountaintops, i say.
history can sort it out later, it always does.Last edit by somenurse on Feb 11
- Feb 12 by PMFB-RNQuote from CrufflerJJYet our military/political leaders continue to claim that victory is coming.
Dunford indicated he shares Allen's optimism. “As General Allen departs theater, he leaves the coalition and our Afghan partners postured for success. I'll endeavor to continue the momentum of the campaign and support the people of Afghanistan as they seize the opportunity for a brighter future," he said.
Generals are political animals. They have to talk like that and they alwasy do. Only fools take these statments seriously.
- Feb 13 by aknottedyarnI doubt we can "win" this war. Afghanis have been fighting as tribes one against the other for centuries. We need to get out. There were many things I found far fetched in the STOU message last night. the fact that everyone stood and cheered about getting out said a great deal to me. This seems to be one area where the politics are not in direct opposition. We know there are great differences in the how and timetable but the GET OUT is wanted by all.
- Feb 20 by 22gawhitacreBut this according to Obama in 2009 was the good war remember.