No Way This is Women's Fault. (from a Man's Point of View)
I am not just speaking for myself here, but from many men I know. I will let you ladies in on some very dark secrets you probably already know most of.
1. We are always in doubt about ourselves. Marriage is a huge challenge, and we're afraid we'll fail. We don't like to fail.
2. We are scared you'll change. The old saying "Why buy the cow when the milk's free," is totally true because it's been around all my life. If everything is perfect, why make a huge commitment when we're absolutely happy. Cut us off, and we're putty in your hands.
3. We get lonely, scared, sad, and depressed just like you. Society just has taught us we can't cry, show weakness, or emotion. So taking the big step of marriage is going to make you privy to the percieved low points we have. leads to #4....
4. We fear all the percieved negative things about ourselves being exposed. I was terrified of my spouse getting along with my overbearing, authoritative, and okay, simply "lunatic" mother. I could hide her dating, but she was free game in a marriage.
5. Finances. We are afraid of our financial strength. The first night before I got married, I was 20, but I can truly relate to that scared boy from 10 years ago all to well. I stayed up several nights before the wedding thinking, "Can I truly afford this?" "What if I get fired, laid off, or can't support us?" No matter how "modern" you two are- he wants to support you, buy you what you want, and not be percieved as a failure. I don't care what he says, if he can't provide what you are wanting, he is a total complete "FAILURE."
6. With a US National Divorce Rate of 50%, We are scared of Marriage. We Love You. We don't want to lose you. We saw what marriage did to so-in-so, and we are terrified it will be a repeat. That either you or I will turn into a monster after the "I do."
7. We know in marriage you'll REALLY know who we are. You know we're egomaniacs, and up until now, even if we've spent an incredible amount of time together- We have been on our best behavior, and we can't let you know we are human. Sometimes we leave our clothes in hallway. Sometimes after Chinese, or Mexican Food, The bathroom is Out Of Order for a couple hours.
8. We think we'll lose our friends. You have to re-assure us that you know your friends are important to you, and you want us to keep ours. Trust me Ladies, it's an issue. Our Bestfriends are telling us not to propose if we ever want to have a guy's night again-without our other halves
9. It's NOT YOUR FAULTs. We are all human with our equal amount of "crap" to deal with. Break through these, and the others you already know about guys, and we're yours forever. Just make sure that's what you want.
This is just a small picture into our heads, I can't speak for all men, but any man would tell you it's not your fault. We got issues too. We are just as human as you, we just hide it better
Great Luck On Tying The Knot!!!!!