Michele Bachmann - The Submissive WifeRegister Today!
- by Anxious Patient Jul 24, '11in a stunning video, the tea party titan says she follows the biblical rule “the lord says be submissive. wives, you are to be submissive to your husbands.” – michele bachmann, october 2006.
there’s nothing unusual about a conservative evangelical woman quoting the biblical admonition that wives submit to their husbands. but it delivers quite a jolt when that woman is trying to become the leader of the free world. the bible is completely clear on who’s in charge: “the husband is the head of the wife … wives should submit to their husbands in everything.”
so, let's look at husband, marcus bachmann. he heads bachmann & associates, the christian counseling center he runs, (which) practices 'reparative therapy,' a method of converting homosexuals to heterosexuality often called 'praying away the gay.' the washington post has an article up today titled michele bachmann's husband shares her strong conservative values" those values? well, they primarily involve extreme antipathy for members of the lgbt community. the article leads with the quote from marcus bachmann that's getting wide play of late, in which he refers to homosexuals as 'barbarians' who 'need to be educated, need to be disciplined.'
the question is, who would be making decisions in a bachmann white house?
michele bachmann's personal life goes under the microscope
- Jul 24, '11 by herring_RNSomething to consider.
- Jul 25, '11 by TweetySomething tells me that while she's paying lip service to those verses in real life she is in no way submissive to her husband. She's probably supportive, understanding and like-minded, but "submissive"? No way.
Problem is with her only having a few years of political experience...not enough to qualify her for president in my opinion.....we don't have much to go on but speculation.
- Jul 25, '11 by TweetyQuote from KyrshamarksI can't believe I'm even going to respond because it insults me to, but I will.Amd yet only 186 days as a senator, before he decided to run for President... the only political office he held was deemed more than enough for the Annointed One...I see a double standard here.
I'm not evening understanding where you're getting the 186 days figure from since he was elected in 2004.
Obama had eight years as an elected officie in the Illinois State Senate prior to that. As a US Senator he sponsored and co-sponsored hundreds of bills.
I will admit that his experience level bothered many people and he wasn't as experienced as other candidates at that time, but I'm only addressing comparing his to hers. His trumps hers anyway you look at it, and there's no double standard there.
- Jul 25, '11 by Spidey's momI'm not arguing about Michele's qualifications to be Prez.
However, as a Christian I see that verse taken completely out of context by just about everyone. Granted, it is one of the more difficult parts to understand if you just take the "wives be submissive" part. It doesn't mean becoming a doormat.
I would suggest a thorough reading of Ephesians 5 as suggested by N-A-H-P