Limbaugh apologizes to student... for "insulting words choices" - page 3
by sirI Admin
... Read More
- 1Quote from heronI'm not a commodity being sold. I'm not even the market either. I listen for free on the internet or radio. Plus, I always turn down the commercials - I do the same thing with tv.I agree, but make no mistake, you are not the market in this case. You are the commodity being sold.
- 2Quote from commonsenseOf course you could. Which shows that my earlier point about where we sit determines how we see things is true. Many of us here have said this for a long time and usually end up agreeing to disagree.Not to sound like an a-hole trying to stir up controversy, but I could say the same thing about Rush.
I don't see the moral equivalency of Rush's take on politics and government and history with Howard interviewing a naked woman and trying to get another woman to have an orgasm over the radio.
- 1Mar 4, '12 by tntrnQuote from Spidey's momThank you. And I have no clue how to find smilies on the phone.As to bill v rush, I daresay rush has never used the f word on a broadcast.And ms fluke anybody who wants free contraception can visit the restrooms at just about bar. There are baskets of condoms available for patrons.I'm gonna cut tntrn some slack . . . she's typing on a phone while a passenger in a motor home going 80 mph . . oh wait . .. the speed limit was lowered to 85.
- 3Mar 4, '12 by leslie :-DQuote from Spidey's momfor the life of me i'll never understand why you consistently sugarcoat what limbaugh does, while berating others for equally uncouth acts.I don't see the moral equivalency of Rush's take on politics and government and history with Howard interviewing a naked woman and trying to get another woman to have an orgasm over the radio.
ftr, stern is a staunch proponent in supporting women's sexuality - an oft minimzed and devalued facet of womanhood . (re stern interviewing naked woman).
is that not commendable? ()
seriously, they don't call him "shock jock" for nothing....absolutely no hypocrisy there...
unlike limbaugh who tends to respond to criticisms, as a victim.
the bottom line is, there is absolutely no reason to be tit-tatting limbaugh against stern (who we now know, has no affiliation w/left) or anyone else.
he crossed a line, and the only reason he's apologizing is r/t losing sponsors...how's that for integrity?
- 1Mar 4, '12 by TweetyQuote from Spidey's momBecause you're a glutton for me getting on your case.(Why do I do this?)
Fair enough you weren't supporting what he said, however, in the post I quoted you didn't condemn what he said except to say that sometimes he goes overboard, but didn't mention him calling her a **** on this show specifically and you took a swipe at the "so-called student".
You were deflecting to Howard Stern because someone else changed the subject to Maher. I get that.
But you are right about it depends on where you sit. You think Maher is hate filled, but listen to Limbaugh every day. Other people think Maher is brilliant and don't listen to Limbaugh.
I guess I sit in the middle since I find them both offensive and don't listen to either. I did watch "Religiosity" on cable however, and did find him spot on on a few points and didn't find that he did so in a hateful manner, but I suppose if I were a Christian or Jewish (any religious in anyway) I'd think something else.Last edit by Tweety on Mar 4, '12
- 2Mar 4, '12 by TweetyQuote from Spidey's momProbably because there is no "morality" about either one of them. Stern invented "shock jock" and is offensive to so many people he had to go on prescription radio. He's a sexist profane idiot jerk.I don't see the moral equivalency of Rush's take on politics and government and history with Howard interviewing a naked woman and trying to get another woman to have an orgasm over the radio.
So while Limbaugh is telling Fluke to make porn, he's not as bad as Stern's stuff (although his "tiniest penis" contest was kind of funny). And your point is????