L.A.'s Cop Manhunt, shootout
- 0Feb 12, '13 by herring_RN GuideThere is a no fly area over the location. No cameras.
If police are the only witnesses I don't think I can believe them.
No way is what he did OK.
The man who has terrorized Los Angeles for nearly a week has engaged police in a dramatic exchange of fire after reportedly taking a mother and her daughter hostage.
- 2Feb 13, '13 by aknottedyarnI know from when our farm house became a place for a criminal to hide out that fire is almost expected. The tear gas and incendiary bombs started a huge fire in our farm house. It was old and wooden. The firefighters were not allowed close to fight the fire as their safety could not be assured. That had a similar ending. no fighting the fire until very late, dead body with bullet, burned.
I don't know much about the case. It is terrible no matter what the cause or perceived cause was.
- 2Feb 13, '13 by aknottedyarnActually I am quite liberal and have had my nose in the papers a great deal today. Other than conservative blogs and facebook memes I have seen no evidence of liberals rooting for this guy. In fact one conservative I know well even got the conspiracy theorists going about what did this guy know that was so dangerous that he had to be killed.
The liberal press has little to say. I think every death like this diminishes all of us. That is not rooting for him. It is a sad commentary on contemporary actions.
- 1Feb 13, '13 by Spidey's mom GuideFrom what I've read, sites have sprung up in the last week with support for him and THAT's what has been in the media. Letters to the editors or comments after the story are all strongly in support of his complaints and heartbreakingly . . . some say if this is what it takes to get attention to his concerns, then so be it.
That's the part I cannot understand - it is never ok to walk up and shoot an innocent young girl and her fiance in order to gain attention for your concerns.
- 1I think killing people is wrong except to defend life. period.
Murder is murder and there is no excuse.
That does not mean the police training and procedures are as they should be.
David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.
Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.
His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black. ...
Two women who were shot by Los Angeles police in Torrance early Thursday during a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer were delivering newspapers, sources said.
The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. They were not identified. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back, according to Jesse Escochea, who captured video of the victims being treated.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...omen-shot.htmlSeven Members Of L.A. Sheriff's Secret Clique Fired, Jump Out Boys Group Prides Itself On Agressive Policing
- 1Rampart police scandal -- The Scandal - Rampart Scandal Timeline | PBS - L.a.p.d. Blues | FRONTLINE | PBS
Rodney King beating -- Rodney King Beating Led to Riot? Not Exactly
Major figures in King case -- Where are they now? -- http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...hey-now/nPYF5/
- 1Feb 13, '13 by Spidey's mom GuideThanks herring . . .see y'all? Lots of media stories.
In thinking back . . . I think the L.A. Times was the first newspaper where I read "supportive" comments. My own local paper up here had the majority of writers going straight for the "L.A. Cops Are Evil" aspect.
- 1We had too many police chiefs with the opinion that ALL LAPD can do no wrong.
My niece is LAPD. She knowa not to tell the truth about bribery and curruption. She says she could lose more than her job.
Not evil. They are human beings exposed to danger and the worst of human behavior.