A couple things that help me (not foolproof by any means, the twelve hour shifts sometimes kill my resolve
1. Step on the scale at least 1-3 times a week in the morning.
2. Go to the gym for 45min-1hour at least 3 times a week (or on the days that I am off).
3. Drink a Protein shake for breakfast (easy with a shaker bottle and a mix) at least in the morning before I leave-drink on the way to work, protein keeps me until lunch.
4.Salad with chicken from the cafeteria for lunch (more protein). NO major carbs anymore at all until near the end of my shift(if I just have to have it). Things with carbs I avoid- cafeteria food like: bagels, fries, donuts, pasta. That will kill me and make me feel like I want to sleep during my shift and then make me starving again in an hour. And make me gain weight lol
5. Take a water bottle and drink throughout the shift and refill a couple of times.
6.Take my break-no exceptions-(unless a really really serious situation is happening)
7. I'm not saying I don't always eat the sweet temptations at work-I do, but try to gravitate towards bringing in fruit, trail mix etc. although trail mix isn't always the healthiest.
I'm not thin by any means but fairly healthy. These at the very least help to maintain my weight and stay energized!