RNs protest Gov. Snyder’s “Right to Work” corporate takeover - page 5
by herring_RN 5,235 Views | 110 Comments Guide
With their mouths taped shut, RNs protest Gov. Snyder’s “Right to Work” corporate takeover Michigan Nurses Association protests on the Capitol steps in Lansing against Michigan Right To Work legislation Monday, Dec. 10, 2012.... Read More
- 2Dec 12, '12 by VICEDRNQuote from 22gawhitacreGood news. After gaining almost three years of icu and ER experience and carefully watching the market on the west coast, my husband is at home packing boxes. We plan to be on the west coast by the beginning of march. Feel sad to rob the patients of yet more experienced nurses but mr icu and I need to live too. Can't wait!! 12 years on this backwater hellhole my ex dragged me to!If it's so miserable you can leave anytime. Perhaps they don't come back because of the constant complaining?
- 2Dec 12, '12 by tntrnQuote from herring_RNHe might be a union member, but not a member of that union. He is a reporter, and was trying to do his job.I saw on TV Mr. Crowder, a union member, hit in the face by another union member while a third union member tried to pull the man bac to prevent the fight.
- 1Quote from tntrnIs there a point?He might be a union member, but not a member of that union. He is a reporter, and was trying to do his job.
I WAS CLEAR THAT REGARDLESS OF THE PROVOCATION IT IS NEVER OK TO HIT ANOTHER EXCEPT INSELF DEFENSE. PERIOD.
- 0Dec 12, '12 by JolieQuote from VICEDRNYes. Based upon your previous statement that unions aren't allowed in Georgia, it appeared that you did not understand the meaning of "right to work."And did you think I didn't know what "right to work" meant?
This web page seems to indicate that there are plenty of labor unions in Georgia.
- 3Dec 12, '12 by VICEDRN
- 1Dec 13, '12 by crazy oldnursei AM from this state and I am feeling violated. They have set our wages back so far, benefits are not what we could say are "allencompassing". Do you all understand what they are doing to us? Already nursing is JUST starting to get organized and it is over the sad plight of patient carING!A Lansing hospital went out on strike and they did not have remedial plans at managements level. The RNs etc who walked that picket line got money but I have been told that it's the same old same old. We are being told that the MA techs and LPN'sWILL BE THE ONES running everything. Then 1 lonely RN will run the whole show??? Look at that sad case of the nurse committing suicide over HIPPA issues. The general health care situation is full of people at a pecking order. the power of the ones who went to school to be better prepared than the Philipno Nurses who all have BSN or better.I feel like I am on a chess board and someone sacrificed their Queen. Well all you prospective patients out there I pray for you. God Bless Us all.