He was quoting from an article by a black woman. By the way, Rush has lost at least 70 pounds and is no longer popping pills and really, the finger-pointing about drug abuse while lamenting Michael Jackson's death is a bit . . unfair and the argument is old.
L.E. IKENGA COMMENTARY: Obama, The African Colonial
The Nigerian-American conservative argues that Americans must place U.S. President Barack Obama in the correct historical and cultural context — as the product of a post-colonial African elite created by colonial rule who has a despotic impulse
(hat tip: Jeff Easley
): "Had Americans been able to stop obsessing over the color of Barack Obama's skin and instead paid more attention to his cultural
identity, maybe he would not be in the White House today. The key to understanding him lies with his identification with his father, and his adoption of a cultural and political mindset rooted in postcolonial Africa. Like many educated intellectuals in postcolonial Africa, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. was enraged at the transformation of his native land by its colonial conqueror. But instead of embracing the traditional values of his own tribal cultural past, he embraced an imported Western ideology, Marxism. I call such frustrated and angry modern Africans who embrace various foreign 'isms', instead of looking homeward for repair of societies that are broken, African Colonials. They are Africans who serve foreign ideas. The tropes of America's racial history as a way of understanding all things black are useless in understanding the man who got his dreams from his father, a Kenyan exemplar of the African Colonial."
Ms. Ikenga continues her commentary about President Obama: "Like imperialists of Old World Europe, the [African Colonial Politician] sees their constituents not as free thinking individuals who best know how to go about achieving and creating their own means for success. Instead, the ACP sees his constituents as a flock of ignorant sheep that need to be led -- oftentimes to their own slaughter. Like the European imperialist who spawned him, the ACP is a destroyer of all forms of democracy. Here are a few examples of what the British did in order to create (in 1914) what is now called Nigeria and what Obama is doing to you:
1. Convince the people that 'clinging' to any aspect of their cultural (tribal) identity or history is bad and regresses the process of 'unity'. British Imperialists deeply feared people who were loyal to anything other than the state. 'Tribalism' made the imperialists have to work harder to get people to just fall in line. Imperialists pitted tribes against each other in order to create chaos that they then blamed on ethnic rivalry. Today many 'educated' Nigerians, having believed that their traditions were irrelevant, remain completely ignorant of their ancestry and the history of their own tribes.
2. Confiscate the wealth and resources of the area that you govern by any means necessary in order to redistribute wealth. The British used this tactic to present themselves as empathetic and benevolent leaders who wanted everyone to have a 'fair shake'. Imperialists are not interested in equality for all. They are interested in controlling all.
3. Convince the masses that your upper-crust university education naturally puts you on an intellectual plane from which to understand everything even when you understand nothing. Imperialists were able to convince the people that their elite university educations allowed them to understand what Africa needed. Many of today's Nigerians - having followed that lead - hold all sorts of degrees and certificates-but what good are they if you can't find a job?
4. Lie to the people and tell them that progress is being made even though things are clearly becoming worse. One thing that the British forgot to mention to their Nigerian constituents was that one day, the resources that were being used to engineer 'progress' (which the British had confiscated from the Africans to begin with!) would eventually run out. After WWII, Western Europe could no longer afford to hold on to their African colonies. So all of the counterfeit countries that the Europeans created were then left high-and-dry to fend for themselves. This was the main reason behind the African independence movements of the1950 and 60's. What will a post-Obama America look like?
5. Use every available media outlet to perpetuate the belief that you and your followers are the enlightened ones - and that those who refuse to support you are just barbaric, uncivilized, ignorant curmudgeons. This speaks for itself.
America, don't be fooled. The Igbos [her tribe] were once made up of a confederacy of clans that ascribed to various forms of democratic government. They took their eyes off the ball and before they knew it, the British were upon them. Also, understand this: the African colonial who is given too much political power can only become one thing: a despot."
P.S. "booker rising" is a website forblack moderates and black conservatives, who actually have a Constitutional right to speech. :-)
Here is her entire article: