GOP convention session to be themed "We Built This!"Register Today!
- by herring_RN Guide Aug 23, '12The GOP is turning what some see as a presidential slight aimed at business owners and entrepreneurs into a theme for a night of the Republican National Convention next week, titling Tuesday night’s session “We Built This!”
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses-breakroom.com/showthread.php?t=776331©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,960 Views
- Aug 23, '12 by KornhonkLol.... clever.
- Aug 23, '12 by ElvishI wonder if they will use any songs by Starship during any part thereof. If they do, better to ask permission first rather than do what they did a few years ago using 'Barracuda' by Heart. Didn't look so good after the fact.
- Aug 23, '12 by herring_RNThe venue for the 2012 republican Convention will be the Tampa Bay Forum built with 62% government funds
Interesting link for hockey fans to find out hos much public and private money was spent of the various stadiums.
- Aug 23, '12 by JolieMuch like the Dems successfully used George Bush 41's, "Read my lips, no new taxes." Politicians should know better than to flub up using catchy sound bites.
- Aug 24, '12 by herring_RNSound bite?
- Aug 24, '12 by herring_RNOpinion piece:
GOP Convention theme: 'We Built This!'
Blog: GOP Convention theme: 'We Built This!'
- Aug 26, '12 by aknottedyarnThe woman who is running for Lt. Gov. in our fair state will be speaking just before Chris Christie. She started a business. I guess the GOP thought she would be a great personification of their theme. Her company, First State Manufacturing financed the purchase of a factory with a $301,000 loan backed by Obama's stimulus bill. The Small Business Administration guaranteed a loan worth $ 293,000, and just this May She and her partners negotiated a $700,000 credit line with government backing. It has many Dept of Defense contracts along with other government contracts totaling $15.2 million
To me it sounds like a very good business. One that is totally dependent on government contracts and government backing. Sorry, she did not do it by herself. She used her husband's minority status to get preferential certification. She used all the government assistance possible. She did not do it herself. All these stats come from our local paper that is fairly conservative, Sunday News Journal, Wilmington, DE delawareonline.com. I refuse to pay so I am unable to cut and paste these facts.
There are a many other ways she "Did not do it herself": Movement of supplies, product, use of Internet, etc.
Good choice for the GOP so showcase their theme. Shows how Obama and the federal government have made her company possible. Thank you, Mr. President.
- Aug 26, '12 by herring_RNSher Valenzuela's company received about $17 million in federal loans and contracts. The state trained people to work for her company.
To see her PowerPoint presentation encouraging other business owners to rely on taxpayer funding go to this link: Wilmington Women in Business - Providing Delaware Womens Business Owners with Support, Networking, and Education
Then use the link that says, "Click here to see Sher's Presentation."
- Aug 26, '12 by herring_RNThe Republican platform is here.