General Election 2012 Thread - page 142
by Tweety 68,269 Views | 2842 Comments
It's horribly early, but I'm going there anyway.... Read More
- 1Jun 6, '12 by TweetyQuote from tntrnTrue, tens of millions of dollars spent on both sides...in the later part the Republicans were able to garner about 30 million bucks...wonder if they are going to expect any favors, but then again they already got tax breaks from him...Like I told my conservative friends trading union thugs for corporate thugs is merely trading one thug for another...hopefully the economy of Wisconsin was fueled somehow...obviously someone benefited.Lets not forget all the time, money, effort and people, much of it from out of state that fueled all the destruction and demonstations in the beginning and the recall drive itself. You know, from the unions and other liberal sources.
- 1Jun 6, '12 by Tweety[color=#333333]just one week old, june already is proving a cruel month for president barack obama and the democrats – and it could get a lot worse.[color=#333333]the political blows from tuesday's bitter loss in wisconsin's gubernatorial recall and from last week's abysmal unemployment numbers, bad as they were, could multiply before the month is out.
[color=#333333]the supreme court will pass judgment shortly on the president's signature legislative achievement – the 2010 law overhauling the nation's health care system – and also will decide on his administration's challenge to arizona's tough immigration law. if chief justice john roberts and the court strike down all or part of the health care law, it could demoralize democrats who invested more than a year – and quite a few political careers – to secure the bill's passage.
obama, democrats face cruel june
- 2Jun 8, '12 by herring_RN Guidecompanies run by romney’s private equity firm received millions in state and local government subsidies
… [color=#333333]during romney’s years as chief executive of [color=#333333]bain capital llc, companies owned by the firm received millions of dollars in benefits from a variety of state and local government ec[color=#333333]onomic development programs.
[color=#333333]in california, taxpayer money built one bain company a conveyor bridge between two of its buildings. new york city gave another bain company tax breaks and lower energy bills to discourage it from moving to [color=#333333]new jersey. and in [color=#333333]indiana, a county government issued bonds to help buy new equipment for a bain-owned steel plant -- a business success featured in a romney campaign ad touting his private sector prowess. …
[color=#333333]… on the campaign trail, the presumptive republican nominee has hammered at president [color=#333333]barack obama for favoring an unhealthy government role in the economy.
[color=#333333]“when government, rather than the market, routinely selects winners or losers, or puts its hands on the scales of justice then enterprises and entrepreneurs can’t predict their prospects,” romney said in a march 19 speech at the [color=#333333]university of chicago.
asked about the disconnect between romney’s free market rhetoric and bain’s track record, amanda henneberg, a campaign spokeswoman, said: “it’s not at all uncommon for state and local governments to use competitive incentives and programs to create a favorable business climate.” …
[color=#333333]… [color=#333333]romney’s effort to capitalize on the administration’s stumbles was complicated this week by the june 1 failure of a massachusetts clean energy company that received state financing while he was governor. …
[color=#333333]romney critical of government aid that helped bain profit - bloomberg
- 2Jun 16, '12 by aknottedyarnThe Romney Campaign Bus Spent The Day Circling And Honking At Obama Event | Mediaite
I am fairly sure the reporters suck on this bus were not the least impressed with the Romney campaign's latest round in pre-adult behavior. I have no idea who decided it was a good idea to drag reporters in circles to beep at Obama supporters. All of us know that when the underlings do foolish things it reflects badly on the bosses.
Given Romney has gone on record in facor of heckling one has to suspect it has tacit approval.
- 0Jun 21, '12 by JolieDo you likewise condemn the Obama campaign for paying people to heckle Romney?
Obama supporters have admitted that they are paid to heckle at Mitt Romney events.
Neither of the representatives agreed to give their names, but two protesters said they
were getting paid to stand outside of the rally, though their wage is
unclear: one said she was getting $7.25 per hour, while another man said
they were being paid $17 per hour.
Obama pays hecklers. Should Romney hire professional hecklers to shout-down Obama?
To steal a line from Jay Leno last night, "These must be some of the jobs that Obama has been creating..."
- 0Jun 21, '12 by tntrnQuote from JolieAnd there you go....along with Senator Patty Murray D-WA who pays her male staffers more than her female staffers (while screaming for wage equity), Obama 's people practice gender discrimination also.Do you likewise condemn the Obama campaign for paying people to heckle Romney?Obama supporters have admitted that they are paid to heckle at Mitt Romney events.Neither of the representatives agreed to give their names, but two protesters said they were getting paid to stand outside of the rally, though their wage is unclear: one said she was getting $7.25 per hour, while another man said they were being paid $17 per hour. Obama pays hecklers. Should Romney hire professional hecklers to shout-down Obama?To steal a line from Jay Leno last night, "These must be some of the jobs that Obama has been creating..."