Loosing My "Tag."Register Today!
- by BostonTerrierLoverRN Dec 28, '12We had our family Christmas late because of everyone coming from so far out of State. Tag had been sitting at my bedroom door, wanting me to come to bed earlier than normal. I opened the door, let him in, and up in the bed he jumped- and then just a lump under the covers. I continued to visit until the last of the family went to Mom and Dads to bed, and then I bedded down for the night. Tag took his normal sleeping position- glad I had come to bed, warmer now, and stretched out by my right leg. About an hour later he jumped down and began labored respirations. I picked him up only to die in my arms running for the door. The limp body of my best friend in the world a shell of my vivacious grown pup I had known 13 years. I already terribly miss him, and I am broken hearted. Tag was a good boy, and I wish I would have told him that today. I am blessed he was my friend.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses-breakroom.com/showthread.php?t=804613©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 627 Views
- Dec 28, '12 by TheCommuterI'm so sorry for your loss.
Is Tag the Boston Terrier in you avatar photo?
- Dec 28, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNThat's him, my baby dog of 13 years, thanks for the kind words.
After the last check-up he had began an enlarged heart with a heart murmur. The vet also felt he was developing some heart failure, so I'm glad he's not suffering now, he was so full of energy being sick made him miserable at times, but he had such a good day earlier, fetched awhile, played with "Bo," my younger Boston Pup- just gave out real easy and would rest. I'm glad he had a good last day.Last edit by BostonTerrierLoverRN on Dec 28, '12
- Dec 28, '12 by aknottedyarnBTL, I am so sorry for your loss. Our best friends are always there for us. You were there for him. Sounds like a wonderful day and way to remember him. He joins many of my fur family, and I am sure yours, as well as many others at the Rainbow Bridge.
- Dec 28, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRN@aknottedyarn, thanks, hug that Whippet for me.
- Dec 28, '12 by CT PixieI am so very sorry to hear of your Tag's passing. I lost my girl 7 years ago on 12/26. And like your Tag, my girl had a great day before. She ate everything that was always a no-no, got lots of hugs and kisses from the family and seemed so puppy like and well.
You didn't have to speak the words that he was a good boy...he knew you thought that. He knew he was loved and cherished..now YOU have to remember that HE knew.
I'm sure my girl greeted your Tag at the Rainbow bridge. Me and my two Boxer's (they say Boston Terriers are like Boxer's shoved into a littlle body) send out hugs and healing thoughts to you.
- Dec 28, '12 by somenurseOhhh, i am so so sorry to hear of this loss, i have no doubt Tag was one lucky dog and did know very very much how much you loved him. I hope time will ease your pain of this loss.
- Dec 28, '12 by VivaLasViejasI am so sorry for your loss. Losing our fur-babies is one of the hardest things we ever have to go through.......they are members of the family, after all. It sounds like he didn't suffer at the end, and that is a blessing; in any case, don't worry about not having told Tag he was a good boy today. He knew, and he loved you with every breath of his life.
- Dec 28, '12 by herring_RNI'm sorry. It is hard.
- Dec 29, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNYeah, Bandit and me have moped all day, watched TV laying on couch. I'm just glad to be off this weekend. Tag and Bandit were "tight," as Tag showed him the ropes, and provided a pillow for naps. Every thump has to be investigated, and I can see his spirits lift thanking Tag is just in the other room. This was the first day he wouldn't enthusiastically clean his bowl at meal time(which was side by side with Tag). Before I buried him, I pulled back the blanket on Tags bed for Bandits slight non-understanding head turn at his lifeless bud- and then we moped. I know we'll be okay, but I hope when I get the energy, I can get Bandit to cheer up- amazing how they mourn too, in their own way(laying on Tag's day bed most of day), and continuing to check out every thump he hears- just in case.