Silver Linings PlaybookRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Silver Linings Playbook in Movies, Movies, Movies, part of Entertainment Central ... I really enjoyed this movie! I was impressed at how well a comedy managed to shed light on mental...by mariebailey Jan 31I really enjoyed this movie! I was impressed at how well a comedy managed to shed light on mental illness. Bradley Cooper's character was also able to be relatable and human, albeit manic.
- What did you think of the movie?
- Do you plan to see it if you haven't already?
- Do you think it is Oscar-worthy?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses-breakroom.com/showthread.php?t=812601©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 494 Views
- Feb 1 by VivaLasViejasI've been wondering whether or not to see this movie. Don't know if it'd be a form of escapism, being a supposed romantic comedy, or too 'relatable' with a bipolar lead character. It certainly draws some extreme viewpoints......people either love it or hate it, it seems.
I'm definitely not a fan of the movie's reviewer---referring to people with MI with terms such as "head case" and "kook" should've been banned years ago. Shame on the NYT.
- Feb 1 by BCgradnurseI really enjoyed this movie. I thought the characters were fairly realistic, and it was hard to see them struggle, but I think that was the point. It was also gratifying to see them triumph. I think the actors did a wonderful job and the film is Oscar-worthy.
- Feb 1 by jayknightI have to start with I am bipolar 1 regulated well with meds. I found the movie quite realistic in the manner my illness works. I thought it was a wonderful show and would recommend it. I don't see why it would not be oscar worthy.
- Feb 2 by tnbutterflyI just saw this movie last night. I enjoyed it and thought it was a realistic portrayal. Good acting by all.