Where do you live and....

  1. do you like it?

    This is sort of a take off of the country/city thread... I've been thinking about relocating for awhile, and I'm totally unsure which direction to take....

    Be as specific as you feel comfortable being, or don't respond at all. That's alright too.

    I've lived in Michigan and liked it there. I may go back, or at least to that area of the country.
    •  
  2. 72 Comments

  3. by   Mattigan
    Born and raised in Illinois moved to Oklahoma in 1971- no - I don't like OK. it's hot and mostly ugly country.
  4. by   delirium
    That sort of begs the question.... why do you still live there?
  5. by   sunnygirl272
    central new york state....lived in pittsburgh area for 2 yrs...miss it...but i love my life here more than i miss pittsburgh....
  6. by   tigger2sassy
    i live in arkansas and don't like it-- can't make a decent living here-- payscale for nurses is almost like minimum wage and it is too hot and the mosquitoes--ugh!!!!!!!!!!! --will be heading back to michigan soon-- better life and cooler temps
  7. by   delirium
    Where in Mich are you from, tiger?

    I used to live in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti/Saline area.
  8. by   tigger2sassy
    saginaw area-- moved there a year and a half ago from ironwood-- love the great lakes-- only came to arkansas temporarily after my father's death-- now am ready to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. by   rnor
    I'm from the SOUTHERN STATES-NORTH CAROLINA-if you come this way make sure you go to a big city not the small towns. The money is not in the small towns, at our hospital we do not get extra pay or a raise for certification in your area of work, nor do you get a raise or more pay for a BSN...get the picture...pay is real lousy here. Yes it is nice because I live 2 hours from the beach or the mountains and the cost of living is a little less but..NOTHING TO DO...no musems, no stores open 24/7, no decent clubs (beer joints is all we have), it is an ok place but...I'd rather be in a CITY
  10. by   delirium
    I guess so. I always lived in Washtenaw Co, although I did stay with a friend of mine in wayne co (Detroit) for awhile.

    Never been to Saginaw. I love Michigan.
  11. by   JJFROG
    Just moved to Lubbock, Texas from the Seattle area. The area is flat, dry and hot. But the people make up for the lack of scenery! I have never seen such friendly people in my life! Beautiful sunrises and sunsets, less traffic....So far I like the place.
  12. by   live4today
    Originally posted by MsPurp
    do you like it?

    This is sort of a take off of the country/city thread... I've been thinking about relocating for awhile, and I'm totally unsure which direction to take....

    Be as specific as you feel comfortable being, or don't respond at all. That's alright too.

    I've lived in Michigan and liked it there. I may go back, or at least to that area of the country.
    I HATE where I am living right now......TEXAS is NOT for me....gotta go gotta go gotta go right now!

    As the Beverly Hillbilly's song goes "...CAL - E - FORNIE" is the place I ought to be. :chuckle
  13. by   delirium
    Originally posted by JJFROG
    Just moved to Lubbock, Texas from the Seattle area. The area is flat, dry and hot. But the people make up for the lack of scenery! I have never seen such friendly people in my life! Beautiful sunrises and sunsets, less traffic....So far I like the place.
    Awesome! I hope you continue to like it.
  14. by   delirium
    Originally posted by cheerfuldoer


    I HATE where I am living right now......TEXAS is NOT for me....gotta go gotta go gotta go right now!

    As the Beverly Hillbilly's song goes "...CAL - E - FORNIE" is the place I ought to be. :chuckle
    Or..... perhaps...... Hawaii?


close