Hi i was just wondering what other degrees/diplomas/certificates everyone has besides nursing.
I find it very intresting that some people just totally jump to a diffrent major out side of the nursing field.
Well anyway here are the questions.
1) What degrees/diplomas/certificates did you have before nursing?
2) What type of nurse are you now? (ex. - have a BSN, ADN, RN, etc.) Also what certificates you hold now.
3) What you plan to do for the future? Do you plan to get a certificate? Do you want to go get another degree to further your carrer in nursing (ex - MBA, MPH, MS in Nursing, etc)
Oh yea if you want to give a short summary of why you changed to nursing or time line feel free
Oh almost forgot to write the answers to my questions.
Have a BS in Health Science.
Going to sign up for a CPR certification class sometime in the near future.
Currently applying to BSN programs.
Apr 10, '03
1) Bachelor of Music (BM) in Film Composition from Berklee College of Music.
2) Associates in Science for nursing. Bachelor of Science for nursing. Used to be OCN when I was a Heme/Onc/BMT staff nurse. Currently ACLS as an ICU/CCU nurse.
3) Plans for the future??? The only plans for further education in nursing might be CCRN. Otherwise, any plans for a Masters degree will be music composition/recording oriented.
Last edit by Ted on Apr 10, '03