Okay! Attention. Ahem!
Frankie the Friendly Fairy flutters into the window on a sunbeam and tells you that your wish has been granted! Bright and early tomorrow morning, you will wake up in your old bed, once again 16 and in high school. You will have an opportunity to change your fortune and your future, but it is more than an opportunity- it is a necessity. If you choose not to participate you will be eliminated from the human race and reincarnated in the body of a french poodle. You are bound by some very loose rules:
1) What you do or change has to be at least MINIMALLY grounded in reality.
2) You are not a lottery winner.
3) You do not lose more than 25% of your ORIGINAL body weight.
4) You are not allowed to hurt anyone in a traumatic way, but revenge, should that be what you desire, is allowable. Be warned, though, that Frankie will be watching, and he's got a pink rhinestone collar with your name on it.
5) You have to share how your change(s) would have affected your life today.
Would you have made out with that cute boy in your French class? Would you have abandoned the Future Nurses of America Club to go-go dance on the weekend? Inquiring minds (Okay, Frankie, but he made me ask!) WANT TO KNOW.
May 3, '03
oh ok, I guess if I have to do back . . .. sigh ..
Well, first of all I'd take back in time with me the antibiotic zit stuff my kids all have so I wouldn't get called names because my face broke out. . . . .and I'd stop listening to that Janis Ian song "At Seventeen" which sadly became my anthem . . . .and I'd learn to wear make-up and fix my hair so I didn't look like as invisible as I felt . . . and I'd stand up to the snotty girls who congregated in their little "clique" making fun of girls who weren't quite their equal . . . .
geez . . .do I have to go back.
RUSTY - you gave me an idea . . .my grandmother offered to take me back to Arkansas for graduation to show me the farm where she grew up . . .I turned her down . .. too busy being a typical self-centered teenager . . .I would change that in a heartbeat . . she is now in a LTC after breaking her hip and now has either Alzheimer's or dementia . . and barely knows me. Thank you Rusty for reminding me . .
Last edit by Spidey's mom on May 3, '03