I have been wanting to get my tongue pierced for years now, but I have lacked the courage to do so. Well, my birthday is coming up in December and I'm going to be 30. I decided now is the time to act. I am seeking input from anyone that has ever had their tongue pierced. Here are my questions...and feel free to add any additional comments you have.
1. How bad can I expect the swelling to be?
2. How long will the swelling last?
3. How long does the tongue typically take to heal?
4. Does a tongue piercing get infected a lot?
5. What did you do to help the healing process?
6. Is there any real risk of nerve damage? (I hear lots of rumors on this topic.)
Those are all the questions I have for the moment, but I am sure I will come up with more at a later time. Any input or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!