1. For years I battled with self-image issues. Still do, sometimes... but I'm mostly comfortable with who I am today. :spin:
2. Quit smoking for good over a year ago. Smoked for 9 years (at one point it was a pack and half a day habit).
3. For a while, I used to have hair till my shoulders, meatchop side burns and played the drums. Nicknamed "John" after the drummer from The Doors by adoring fans... .er..., I mean friends.
4. I usually don't step outside without my Fedora. I own a wind up pocket watch. If I'm wearing suits, I insist that they gotta be old fashioned, double breasted, 2 button 3-piece suits
5. I used to shave with a straight blade razor till I lost it when changing apartments. Today, I use one of 'em single-blade double edged ones. I cannot (and refuse to) use an electric shaver. Dry shaves suck! :uhoh21: *
6. Most of the music I listen to is from the 60s and 70s. *
7. I've never met my paternal grandfather. He died the year my brother was born.
8. I once dyed my hair a flaming blond-orange-red after losing a silly bet.
9. I was t-boned by a bus while on my motorcycle. I walked away without a scratch - the bike was totaled. I was not wearing a helmet! Even so, if you gave me a choice between a Ferarri and a little 100cc motorcycle, I'd pick the motorcycle
10. I once lost a pint and half of blood from a hit and run accident (I was crossing the street on my bicycle) that carved open my left ankle. Required 28 stitched to close the wound over my protruding bone... all done without the benefit of even a local anesthetic. I was in 7th grade then and was so traumatized by the accident that I didn't leave home for 4 months and it was a good 10 months before I ever rode my bicycle again.
11. Have donated plenty of blood but never received any. Incidentally, my birth certificate claims I am AB- when in actuality I am B-. Parents thought I was AB- and didn't find out any different till I had a blood test done when I turned 18 :uhoh21:
That's good for now, I think
*: Ever get the feeling I was perhaps born in the wrong "era" ? :chuckle