Sure did miss you all!

  1. Just got home from our weekend in Ohio and couldn't wait to see how everyone was. I think I am addicted to this bulletin board...or maybe just to all of you! I couldn't believe the new look, it's great. I said a big howdy to Rick as we hit Ohio, doubt ya heard me, but it's the thought that counts. Next time I leave, I'll have to figure out a way to take you all with me. Funny how you look forward to things and without them your day just doesn't feel complete. Have a great day everyone.
    •  
  2. 6 Comments

  3. by   CEN35
    Awwwwww duckie, and ya didnt come see me??? I saw this thread go unanswered.....can't beleive nobody replied. Welcome back duckie!!!

    Rick
  4. by   night owl
    Hey Duckie I was wondering where you went to! I told my husband that I must get a laptop now because when I go away, I CAN bring everyone with me!!! Hope you had a good time and glad you're back.
  5. by   duckie
    Originally posted by CEN35:
    <STRONG>Awwwwww duckie, and ya didnt come see me??? I saw this thread go unanswered.....can't beleive nobody replied. Welcome back duckie!!!

    Rick </STRONG>
    Rick, you're tooooo much! Do you like Chinese food? My folks took us to a Chinese Buffet on Lorain Rd. in North Olmsted and I swear, I'm still full. What a treat as my favorite place here in Indiana closed down and moved to Chicago. If you like Chinese you gotta check it out, if you already haven't. Have a great day Rick!!!
  6. by   duckie
    Originally posted by night owl:
    <STRONG>Hey Duckie I was wondering where you went to! I told my husband that I must get a laptop now because when I go away, I CAN bring everyone with me!!! Hope you had a good time and glad you're back.</STRONG>
    Nightowl, you're a wise woman! I see visions of a lap top in my future also. Hey, if you're gone for very long, you never know what you might miss. After all, while I was gone, the bulletin board moved and got a face lift. We did have a great time with my folks. My Mom has Alzheimers, so every visit is an experience and a memory to hold. Cyberhugs!
  7. by   Cafe
    Duckie, I totally apologize. I just read this board after making a post on the birthday issue. I hope you just take it in jest, as I know it must be hard to see your mom in this way. But she is a special woman and always will be within your own heart!!!
    Geez, I am really sorry!!!
  8. by   duckie
    Originally posted by Cafe:
    <STRONG>Duckie, I totally apologize. I just read this board after making a post on the birthday issue. I hope you just take it in jest, as I know it must be hard to see your mom in this way. But she is a special woman and always will be within your own heart!!!
    Geez, I am really sorry!!!</STRONG>
    I was not the least bit offended. I have come to understand that Alzheimers is just another disease. Yes, you're right, it is very hard to me my Mom like this but she's no more special than your Mom or anyone elses and we never know what is ahead for any of us. I will admit at times taking care of some of my residents is rough when I see them doing things Mom does only worse. I feel like I can see where she is heading. But it makes me try a little harder because I know that someone loves them and someday it will be my Mom on an Alzheimers unit and I pray that someone will give her a little extra attention when it's needed. You have a great heart my friend, no offense taken.

close