...on Monday for the CNS position. Naturally the interview was with HR first, but it was still a good interview, unlike my FIRST interview with HR as a new grad!
The job still sounds incredibly fun and challenging and I am definitely qualified. I'd be a CNS for post-partum and GYN. I'm core L&D, so this is bit of a change (the GYN part) but I think I could handle it.
Thing is, my plan was to give my notice at this place (that I hate) with enough of a lead time to still be employed, with the thought of getting out, while holding out for the CNS offer. IF
the offer fell through, I would then go back to my old employer and work in the same department that I used to be in, but only as a Anticoag Nurse who monitors and adjusts coumadin, lovenox, etc. Not my cup of tea or area of expertise, mind you, but this was the ace in the hole so I'd still have income and NOT have to work on the floors.
Well. Yes. How nice. My former manager seemed thrilled that I was contemplating the position and yes it was open. Great. I was going to give my notice here today and end this saga of tummy upset, sweaty palms and headaches...until.....
My old co-worker told me today that this morning they announced the elimination of several RN positions there as of Dec 31st, with 2 weeks severence pay. All current open RN positions now (like the Anticoag Nurse one) are up for grabs and...lo and behold..has been applied for. Outside nurse hires are frozen until all effected RNs are either placed within the organization or leave altogether. So now I'm back to feeling desperate, trapped, and tummy upset.
I've looked around and there ARE other jobs I could do..but I really really really want to give my notice here so I at least feel better. Thing is, I'm scared to quit without having another gig lined up, but I'm equally scared to continue working here.
And so goes my life.
Merry *******' Christmas.