I got this from a friend today. I figure the best way to get it out to the most folks I know would be to send it to my friends here.
This is not a joke or a story. It's real.
Some good tips...
Please take the time to read this. I know you are smart enough to know these pointers, but there will be some where you will go "Hmm, I must remember that"
After reading, forward it to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide to New Orleans: If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than in you and he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on
the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go.
AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND DRIVE AWAY.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
a. Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
b. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
c. Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and
get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.(Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
7. If the predator has a gun and you are NOT under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator can only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, and that is when he abducted his next victim.
I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life.
A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers,
wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.
Send this to any woman you know, that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than sorry.
from my dear friend from work Jeannine
May 28, '03
When at universtiy I had to park my car in some pretty out of the way places and was getting back to the car after dark. I have always thought about the old urban myth about the stalker in the back of the car, so I took to unhooking the heavy wheel lock thingy and tossing it into the back seat area. With my luck I would have KO'd any stalker so bad he would have needed ICU! Guess where I work!
Not to make fun of the excellent safety tips but if you enter the vehicle from the passenger side and try to cross to the drivers side - well I woild be in more danger from doing that than a from stranger.
Last edit by gwenith on May 28, '03