See any good concerts lately???

  1. I just realized when I posted my "Yes" thread that I haven't seen ANY rock concerts . . . in years!!!

    I've gone to a few small jazz concerts, notibly one with Pat Matheny. . . but that was over four years ago!!!

    I really miss going to rock concerts. As stated in the "Yes" thread, hope to go to a great rock concert this coming week-end!

    Another concert I would like to see would be a "Dave Mathews Band" concert (sp?). I think he's great!

    So . . . what type of concerts have any of you been to see/hear lately? This old musician/nurse wants to know . . . .

    Cheers to you all . . . and happy music!

    Ted
    •  
  2. 34 Comments

  3. by   JJFROG
    I am going to see Willie Nelson on the 15th!!! I know you are all jealous.
  4. by   2ndCareerRN
    The price of concerts have gotten outrageous, but having said that, there are too many to close together here in the next month or so to take them all in.

    So I let my wife choose the concerts and we are going to go see David Copperfield (ok, not a concert) this month. And next month we are going to go see Neil Diamond.

    But for some really great news, Led Zeppelin is supposed to be getting together again, (with John Bonham's son on drums) and doing a US tour. I don't care how far I have to travel, that is one concert I will not miss. I sure hope it goes beyond the rumor stage.

    http://www.led-zeppelin.org/index.html

    bob
  5. by   Stargazer
    Saw Earth Wind & Fire on Sept. 10th. AMAZING show; I couldn't have been more impressed. Lighting, stage sets, costumes, choreography, all planned down to the last detail. Huge energy and they really got the crowd going. And I was absolutely gobsmacked at the level of musicianship.

    Wanted to see Heart recently but it was the evening before I was supposed to leave on a business trip, so I couldn't. However, I'm going to see the Seattle Men's Chorus's Holiday Concert on opening night, which will feature Ann Wilson of Heart.

    I am totally with Bob--I am so disgusted by the cost of concert tickets, including Ticketmaster's shameless fee gouging, that every time I consider going to a concert, I usually think better of it.

    It's a shame. There are at least 1 - 2 concerts a month I'd LIKE to attend.
  6. by   sunnygirl272
    we took the older 2 boys to see Creed with 12 Stones....also had Jerry Cantrell as an unannounced bonus!!!!
    was wonderful!!!!!
  7. by   Furball
    Last concert I went to was a few years ago in Albany NY....one of Billy Joel's last. It was awesome. He still packed energy and the crowd was great. Listening to 1000's of voices singing "Piano Man" gave me chills. The place went nuts when he belted out "NY state of Mind" and "Innocent Man".
  8. by   Tweety
    I recently saw Billy Joel with Elton John and what an awesome concert that was! Also recently saw Cyndi Lauper and Cher, and that was wonderful! The high costs of tickets makes me angry too, but I'll pay it for stars I'm big fans of.

    Tori Amos was last night and I missed her. Her tour last year was awesome.
  9. by   colleen10
    I live in Pittsburgh and we were "blessed" to have Dave Matthews Band this past summer and then a few weeks later Dave came back into town to do an acoustic number by himself for "Farm Aid 2002". My SIL is a huge fan from Houston and she flew up both times to see him and she took myself and my husband along too.

    They were both awesome concerts. We tailgated with some DMB Warehouse members before Farm Aid and one of them had two seats in the front row, middle. She snuck us all up when Dave came on. That was the best concert I have ever been to. She bid for the tickets on eBay and I won't even tell you how much she paid for them.

    Farm Aid rocked with John Mellencamp, Willie, Dave, Neil, etc. And Mathew McConoughy was the host!
  10. by   PennyLane
    Originally posted by 3rdShiftGuy

    Tori Amos was last night and I missed her. Her tour last year was awesome.
    ooooh, I love Tori! She's awesome.
  11. by   adrienurse
    Y'all have probably never heard of them, but the last great concert I went to was was when I saw a band from Toronto called Moxy Früvous. Hillarious, sexy, awe inspiring and entertaining. Oh yeah and they can sing too.
  12. by   Q.
    Originally posted by Stargazer
    I am totally with Bob--I am so disgusted by the cost of concert tickets, including Ticketmaster's shameless fee gouging, that every time I consider going to a concert, I usually think better of it.

    It's a shame. There are at least 1 - 2 concerts a month I'd LIKE to attend.
    That's why we affectionately call them TicketBastards. Because of them, never got to see the Eagles this summer on July 7th. We DID see The Allmon Brothers Band though; it was a great show.

    Of note: last year in Vegas we saw Blue Man Group. I would recommend that show to anyone! It was fantastic!
  13. by   bestblondRN
    Originally posted by efiebke
    I just realized when I posted my "Yes" thread that I haven't seen ANY rock concerts . . . in years!!!

    I've gone to a few small jazz concerts, notibly one with Pat Matheny. . . but that was over four years ago!!!

    I really miss going to rock concerts. As stated in the "Yes" thread, hope to go to a great rock concert this coming week-end!

    Another concert I would like to see would be a "Dave Mathews Band" concert (sp?). I think he's great!

    So . . . what type of concerts have any of you been to see/hear lately? This old musician/nurse wants to know . . . .

    Cheers to you all . . . and happy music!

    Ted
    See my comment under your Yes thread.......the Guess Who were great! My son is a big fan of Dave Matthews, and swears by his concerts (he's been to 4 or 5 already).
  14. by   Stargazer
    Originally posted by Susy K
    That's why we affectionately call them TicketBastards. Because of them, never got to see the Eagles this summer on July 7th. We DID see The Allmon Brothers Band though; it was a great show.
    TicketBastards! :chuckle I am totally stealing that.

    Aren't the Allman Brothers a great live band? Love those guys.

close