Still waiting on a decision on my application for the auditor position 2-1/2 weeks after the interview. The recruiter e-mailed me yesterday and said she was hoping to make a decision sometime next week. I wish she'd hurry up, for I was told yesterday that my current temporary job will end in two weeks unless the IFI program can be resurrected. Even if it were viable, I wouldn't stay. Two of the full-time clerical staff along with our only full-time psychologist have quit this week, a disturbing sign that something is terribly wrong
with Management. You can't expect to keep referral sources happy when, every time they pick up the phone, a different person answers on the other end...and doesn't have a clue
as to what is going on. The lady who trained me before she left on Thursday told me that she knew she wasn't going to last only one month into her job, due to not only the owner's unrealistic expectations, but also because of the "atmosphere" in the office. My son, who has done contractural IT work for the owner since 2001, told me that she is "maxed out" as far as leadership skills go, which has lead to the high turnover in her office....and failure of her IFI program. At any rate, I'm getting out before I wind up on the street again. With Christmas less than two months away, and my sister's own work hours being cut, we can't afford for me to be out of work again.
We had over three inches of rain yesterday, and today is dawning cloudy and colder. I need to go out and run some errands, but dread getting out on the muddy dirt road outside our subdivision which leads to the main road. So much for my car wash last weekend.
Ya'll have a good day. Talk to ya'll later.