* Coming home after a piss tiring day, irritated and snappy-angry... only to see a body of bounding body of fur with a thumping tail all excited to see you like it's never ever seen you before and that you are it's best and only friend in the world
Yes, I love dogs
And yes, I miss my dog
* Sharing a quiet drink and conversation with close and intimate friends.
* Opening the throttle on my motorcycle and feel that wind whip my face and hair
* Flying. Anything. Anywhere. Anytime. The experience alone when you feel the machine lift of the ground is exhillerating....
* Teaching a young child how to crawl, walk, brush their teeth etc. for the first time. And an even better feeling is see their happy excited and proud faces when they do it on their own...
* Having a baby/infant curl up in your arms as you soothe it to sleep.
* The relationship I share with my old company and Regiment. Few things can compare. Fewer things are as complex to explain.
* Helping make the difference between health and sickness. Life and death. Helping others help themselves leads more productive, enriching and rewarding lives. Every single day of your life.
* Violent weather too. Like thunderstorms and howling monsoons.
* I also enjoy 'fireworks' -- both the harmless party kind and the "other" kind
* Music! Ahhh, music! late 60s, 70s music. Jazz and blues. Folk. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong generation :chuckle
* Eating a good steak. Or the veggie stuff my Mother makes. Or the home-made sweets my gramma makes.
Yes.. these are a few of my favourite things