Quiz: How irish are you?

  1. you're 60% irish you're very irish, and most likely from ireland.
    (and if you're not, you should be!)


    ---and yes i am from ireland (originally at least - born there moved here to the us)


    how irish are you?
    http://www.blogthings.com/howirishareyouquiz/
    •  
  2. 12 Comments

  3. by   Diary/Dairy
    You're 25% Irish

    You're not Irish. Not even a wee bit.
    Not even on St. Patrick's Day!
  4. by   danissa
    Well,I'm 50% Irish..??? Glad its only 50, as I'm Scottish, with Italian and unknown background. Sure its no Irish though! See these quizes!!!!!:spin:
  5. by   caliotter3
    Although the quiz says 75%, I'm a wanna be as far as I know. But my daughter most likely really is. It is apparent that her Dad's family came over from Ireland and changed their last name just enough to confuse some people. It would be nice to know for sure. She looks Irish! I look like what I am, a true American mongrel!
  6. by   Jolie
    65%. I guess the other 35% must be my Dad's Scottish background. I'm told that's why I'm so thrifty
  7. by   danissa
    Jolie.. I'm Scottish, not thrifty in the least..I'm the worst person in the world money wise! BUT..I have an advantage, I'm married to a true Scotsman. who IS good with the dosh!..(when I'm peed I call him MEAN!) But you have a point, Scottish men, Money....!
  8. by   SuesquatchRN
    Quote from danissa
    well,i'm 50% irish..??? glad its only 50, as i'm scottish, with italian and unknown background. sure its no irish though! see these quizes!!!!!:spin:
    danissa, you are a celt. your ancestors - and some of those still speaking your heavy dialect - spoke gaelic. you play pipes and ilen pipes and dance jigs and have kaylees.

    darlin', the only bigotry i was raised with was towards the irish from the calvinists who are my parents. (of course, they deny this today, but papists were definitely frowned on.)

    my father, to drive my mother nuts, would tell her the truth: "well, margie, by virtue of the kids being half scottish, they might as well be irish."

    it's always amused me that they don't like one another, when they are the same folks - the scots came from ireland.

    but then, only family can fight like that.

    oh, and

    you're 20% irish you're not irish. not even a wee bit.
    not even on st. patrick's day!
    and a good thing, or my mother would swoon.
  9. by   danissa
    Quote from suesquatch
    danissa, you are a celt. your ancestors - and some of those still speaking your heavy dialect - spoke gaelic. you play pipes and ilen pipes and dance jigs and have kaylees.

    darlin', the only bigotry i was raised with was towards the irish from the calvinists who are my parents. (of course, they deny this today, but papists were definitely frowned on.)

    my father, to drive my mother nuts, would tell her the truth: "well, margie, by virtue of the kids being half scottish, they might as well be irish."

    it's always amused me that they don't like one another, when they are the same folks - the scots came from ireland.

    but then, only family can fight like that.

    oh, and

    you're 20% irish you're not irish. not even a wee bit.
    not even on st. patrick's day!
    and a good thing, or my mother would swoon.

    sue, as always, my friend, you are right. i am a celt, scots/irish, both the same. play the same kinda pipes, drink the same kinda whiskey..(yuk!!) some of my best buds are irish...and like scots, love to whoop it up! love a good story, love to hear and tell the tale! actually,like fellow scots, i love the irish! as you say....family!
  10. by   ElvishDNP
    I'm 20% Irish, which is probably about right. I'm a Heinz 57 of English, Irish, Dutch, Welsh, Eastern & Western Cherokee, and German.
  11. by   danissa
    Wow Arwen, thats a real Heinz 57 you have!! Exotic stuff! You CAN call yourself interesting!
  12. by   ElvishDNP
    Quote from danissa
    Wow Arwen, thats a real Heinz 57 you have!! Exotic stuff! You CAN call yourself interesting!
    Danissa - My SON is the one who's exotic....all that PLUS Spanish, Olmec, Aztec, Italian, & Maya.
    (I know, weird that a Mexican would have Italian blood - his great-grandmother's last name was Vichi.)
  13. by   danissa
    How fab, I love hearing about how we in this wee world are all mixed up together! A Great Big Melting Pot, as the song goes...how lovely to be all stirred up as humans!
  14. by   txspadequeenRN
    you're 15% irish you're not irish. not even a wee bit.
    not even on st. patrick's day!


    i knew this was gonna be low....

close