Question about Workman's Comp...

  1. I have a question about Workman's comp that I am sure someone from here will be able to answer. As some of you know, I messed up my back last Monday at work. Been in twice to see the hospital's Workman's comp doc and I am not satisfied with the diagnosis and treatment he has provided. Does anyone know if I can go to my own physician for treatment, or do I need permission from my employer (a hospital) before I can seek treatment from my own physician? Our hospital has a "corporate medical services" that is suppose to take care of employees who get injured on the job and that is who we are suppose to report to when injured. I reported the injury immediately, and filled out the necessary paperwork and reported to the corp med doc. Can I request a different doctor to review my case? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :kiss
  2. 3 Comments

  3. by   NRSKarenRN
    In PA you are allowed to seek own medical attention after seeing work comp doctor for eval. Each state different.


    All 50 States' and D.C.'s Home Pages
    and Workers' Compensation Agencies

    Just lucky I'd researched due to hubby work injury.
  4. by   hoolahan
    In NJ, your employer/their insurance company can direct your care, and if you go to your own doc, you have to pay out of pocket.
  5. by   LasVegasRN
    Can't add anything to the above, just have to know your states laws and rights.