When I was in my younger days, I weighed a few pounds less,
I needn't hold my tummy in to wear a belted dress.
But now that I am older, I've set my body free;
There's comfort of elastic Where once my waist would be.
Inventor of those high-heeled shoes My feet have not forgiven;
I have to wear a nine now, But used to wear a seven.
And how about those pantyhose-- They're sized by weight, you see,
So how come when I put them on The crotch is at my knee?
I need to wear these glasses As the print's been getting smaller;
And it wasn't very long ago I know that I was taller.
Though my hair has turned to white, and my skin no longer fits,
On the inside, I'm the same old me, the outside's changed a bit.
But, on a positive note... I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things:
1. a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
2. I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."
3, I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
4. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.
5. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart,
I usually make the right decision.
6.I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
7. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.
People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
8. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
9.I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
If you don't ...the elastic will break and your panty hose will fall down around your ankles.